Baseball vs Arkansas Game 2

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back to back HRs to get AU on the board....Williams and Wright...but that was it..... Williams with that beautiful swing over the RF wall...

arky leading 8-2

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Makes me sad to see an AU fan, and some of his parting words are “university of Auburn”. ?‍♂️

Lot of that going around these days....half our recruit seem to commit to that school....a wonder they ever find their way to Lee County...

2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Makes me sad to see an AU fan, and some of his parting words are “university of Auburn”. ?‍♂️

Looks like you moved?  if I had the right guy....

7 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Lot of that going around these days....half our recruit seem to commit to that school....a wonder they ever find their way to Lee County...

Coach Dye did that in his initial AU press conference if you recall. Tough night in Arky

3 minutes ago, AUEagle14 said:

No

nope.....well mostly background for while doing the dishes.....:)    AU giving the young pitchers some work...Herndon in big trouble.....just walked in a run. Not sure what BT does at this point...  Bases loaded and 1 out....and game out of hand.....so guess Herndon just takes one for the team perhaps?  

Wright getting a real work out tonight at catcher.......

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

nope.....well mostly background for while doing the dishes.....:)    AU giving the young pitchers some work...Herndon in big trouble.....just walked in a run. Not sure what BT does at this point...  Bases loaded and 1 out....and game out of hand.....so guess Herndon just takes one for the team perhaps?  

Herndon is a puzzle.....occasional great stuff but mostly not.

4 minutes ago, AUEagle14 said:

You're not charged with a review if it goes in your favor, right?

I thought you just had 2 no matter what. 

1 minute ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Get Glavine some work

There are a couple left but he's taking them in ERA order I think....hoping that someone can get the ball over the plate.  

This is one of those times I wish baseball had a "mercy rule" .....7 walks and 13 hits......an awful performance by the entire staff though Davis D did not do too badly....just some poor defensive support. 

But maybe it is games like this that cause CBT to suggest that college baseball have only 7 innings....need a running clock like they do in basketball sometimes..

8 minutes ago, AU64 said:

There are a couple left but he's taking them in ERA order I think....hoping that someone can get the ball over the plate.  

This is one of those times I wish baseball had a "mercy rule" .....7 walks and 13 hits......an awful performance by the entire staff though Davis D did not do too badly....just some poor defensive support. 

But maybe it is games like this that cause CBT to suggest that college baseball have only 7 innings....need a running clock like they do in basketball sometimes..

10 run rule after seven would be great tonight

19 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Arky fans are obnoxious

We left after the top of the 8th, but the Ric Flair “woo!” thing is apparently impromptu according to my diehard Hog fan host. 

If you get a spot on the grass behind the outfield stands, you can bring in a cooler full of beer. Which is kind of odd for a college venue. 

beginning to think this is going to be a long season folks! I hope we can turn it around tomorrow.

Maybe we should pitch Mize on Sundays in that our best is going against what should be their worst. Maybe this could shake things up enough to get us back on the winning way.

Archived