Baseball vs Arkansas Game 2

During one of the reviews, Hog buddy said it was going to overturn because it got sent to Birmingham. Of course I start going on about how UAT owns the SEC and bham, etc. bammer turns around and says “rt”. 

Then later on I was negabarning and bama fan starts telling me how he thinks it’s stupid that their fans feel pride in their football team’s accomplishments. So I guess he was alright for a bammer. It was military appreciation night and judging by his appearance and the crew he was with he’s probably stationed/working at a nearby base. 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

beginning to think this is going to be a long season folks! I hope we can turn it around tomorrow.

The SEC is as tough as it gets. I think this team will win enough to get into a regional but if we don’t start hitting the ball consistently we are in a bit of trouble.

30 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

The SEC is as tough as it gets. I think this team will win enough to get into a regional but if we don’t start hitting the ball consistently we are in a bit of trouble.

Back to back homers felt good despite the deficit. 

Pitching was just atrocious. What’d we run through? 4? 5?

Seeing the posture of the rest of the team...they simply looked like they didn’t care all night. 

We looked uninterested from the start of the game. That’s what startled me- chance to win two games in two days to win a big series and we don’t even come out interested in the game. I think 13 maybe even 12 SEC wins with a few wins in the tournament is going to put a team into the tournament this year. The conference is that strong. 

We will need to start hitting the ball, but luckily, we are still projected as a regional host by D1baseball.com, so the national media obviously really respects this conference. I think the conference is going to prepare us very well for post-season ball. 

I don't think the team is disinterested.....I think they have lost confidence, and they were discouraged and probably freezing to death. That took away their edge. 

8 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

We looked uninterested from the start of the game. That’s what startled me- chance to win two games in two days to win a big series and we don’t even come out interested in the game. I think 13 maybe even 12 SEC wins with a few wins in the tournament is going to put a team into the tournament this year. The conference is that strong. 

We will need to start hitting the ball, but luckily, we are still projected as a regional host by D1baseball.com, so the national media obviously really respects this conference. I think the conference is going to prepare us very well for post-season ball. 

There's a long way to go. A few more games like these last two and we'll no longer be projected as a host, possibly not even a guest. I'm more concerned with the 'disinterested" aspect. It was cold in both dugouts so I don't see that as any reason to be less than fully into the game.

25 minutes ago, Mikey said:

There's a long way to go. A few more games like these last two and we'll no longer be projected as a host, possibly not even a guest. I'm more concerned with the 'disinterested" aspect. It was cold in both dugouts so I don't see that as any reason to be less than fully into the game.

That's a problem....but then again, over the weekend Kentucky and South Carolina swapped shellackings at about 14-1 or something like that in the cold and Florida lit up Tennessee with 22 runs.        Seems we might be looking to get by on the strength of the conference when tournament time comes but the hosting opportunity is slipping away week by week unless we can turn things around with the bats....

Hoping there is more enthusiasm for the game today....

PS....17 hits and at least 7 walks.....that's tough....:sad2:

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

The  Arky players were at home and got every call going their way. That helped. If you don't think being cold will make you move slower when you're standing around at night in an unfamiliar ball park then I challenge you to try it. I don't think the team is indifferent at all. They are a little discouraged and playing in harsher conditions just made it feel worse. 
Since a slump is not an unknown phenomena in baseball and it happens to every team in some variation for a myriad of reasons I'm not throwing in the towel just yet. Auburn just has to work through it. 

The game today is at 4:00. That's a very late start for the team that has to travel. 

13 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

The  Arky players were at home and got every call going their way. That helped. If you don't think being cold will make you move slower when you're standing around at night in an unfamiliar ball park then I challenge you to try it. I don't think the team is indifferent at all. They are a little discouraged and playing in harsher conditions just made it feel worse. 
Since a slump is not an unknown phenomena in baseball and it happens to every team in some variation for a myriad of reasons I'm not throwing in the towel just yet. Auburn just has to work through it. 

The game today is at 4:00. That's a very late start for the team that has to travel. 

My point is, it was the same temperature on both sides of the field. The weather, which is the same for both teams, is no reason to be discouraged.

4 hours ago, AU64 said:

That's a problem....but then again, over the weekend Kentucky and South Carolina swapped shellackings at about 14-1 or something like that in the cold and Florida lit up Tennessee with 22 runs.        Seems we might be looking to get by on the strength of the conference when tournament time comes but the hosting opportunity is slipping away week by week unless we can turn things around with the bats....

Hoping there is more enthusiasm for the game today....

PS....17 hits and at least 7 walks.....that's tough....:sad2:

Florida could play any major league team right now and win. They are that good. They will most likely be in Omaha and will probably win it all again. No one in college baseball can match them right now head to head in a series. I would use them as an example of where Auburn would like to be but not as a comparison to anything else. I've been watching some of their games and they are unreal.

Just now, Mikey said:

My point is, it was the same temperature on both sides of the field. The weather, which is the same for both teams, is no reason to be discouraged.

And my point was that when you are ALREADY in a slump the cold weather just adds to the misery. That doesn't mean the team didn't give a damn. It was just another hurdle on top of being shafted by the officials and being in an unfamiliar ball park. They have to figure out a way to overcome all that to win ball games....and they will.

I wish we would start Mize next week for game 3 just to shake things up a bit. Probably want happen, but just an idea.

23 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I wish we would start Mize next week for game 3 just to shake things up a bit. Probably want happen, but just an idea.

I'm not sure why coaches don't flip the rotation from time to time....but seems pretty set that that it will be #1 vs #1.....and so on.  

On 4/8/2018 at 2:33 PM, AU64 said:

I'm not sure why coaches don't flip the rotation from time to time....but seems pretty set that that it will be #1 vs #1.....and so on.  

It seems like our day 2 game is where we run into the most trouble. We should have one game 3 and I blame the umps and the coaches for not having the player run better base routes and not get into that kind of error situations. Maybe we can turn it around and take a series or 2 to give the team back their confidence.

Archived