2019 3* C Jakai Clark Decommitted from AU (Update 9/3/18 )

WFE12

Update 9/3/18: Decommitted from AU
Updated (4/10/18): Jakai commits to AU!

• Offers: AU, Arkansas State, Boston College, Kansas, Minnesota, Oregon State, Rutgers, Syracuse, Temple and West Virginia, among others.
  • Teammate of 4* OT Wanya Morris and 5* LB Owen Pappoe
  • Visited for A-Day, received offer and committed

"It didn't take long for me to think about what school would fit me the best," Clark said in a note posted on Twitter. "Auburn has the best campus, players and coaches. I'm going to be apart(sic) of that for the next four years." 

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/sports/college/auburn/2018/04/10/three-star-ol-jakai-clark-verbally-commits-auburns-2019-class/503905002/

Dacx7YEUwAIyiaw.jpg

Edited by ellitor

Another Piece to the Wanya and Pappoe Puzzle!!!!!!!!! link

3-star center Jakai Clark, Loganville, Ga.

• Jakai Clark picked up an offer from Auburn on Saturday. In fact, it was coach Gus Malzahn who gave the offer in his office. Clark said the extra attention was all he needed to see from the Tigers to make it his top school.
  • There was some chatter that Clark might commit. That wasn’t from sources, though. That was from Clark himself. But he said Auburn coaches told him to be patient with a decision, just to ensure he wasn’t making an in-the-moment decision he’d regret. To answer the likely follow-up question: Yes, Clark is a take for the Tigers. In fact, there could be a decision made within the next week.
  • Naturally the conversation came up about Clark’s high school teammates Owen Pappoe and Wanya Morris. Pappoe and Morris visited earlier in the week and had been in contact with Clark during their visit. The message from Pappoe to Morris was that Auburn coaches were singing Clark’s praises on the visit. That quickly turned into an offer.
  • Best quote from Clark: “Me, Owen and Wanya, we all talk. I’m not going to spill anything. But, yeah, obviously Auburn is one of Wanya’s top 2. Auburn is one of Owen’s top 3 or 5. We’re all very interested in Auburn. I’ll just say that.”
  •  
  • Thanks 1

This is the piece that you dropped on the floor at the beginning of building the puzzle but then you find it and now you’re able to finish the puzzle. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

This is the piece that you dropped on the floor at the beginning of building the puzzle but then you find it and now you’re able to finish the puzzle. 

Exactly.gif

Hope this plays out better than it has in the past. When we get the 3 star and the 4 and 5 stars go to another school. Seen that movie before to many times and I don't like the ending. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, kd4au said:

Hope this plays out better than it has in the past. When we get the 3 star and the 4 and 5 stars go to another school. Seen that movie before to many times and I don't like the ending. 

Like the Makinzie (sp) and Makero (sp) Alexander brothers. 

Edited by AlaskanFAN
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, kd4au said:

Yep. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, kd4au said:

I think it just might end differently. It’s April so things can change. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

I think it just might end differently. It’s April so things can change. 

Would love for you to be right.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, autan said:

Does this mean there is little or no chance to land Clay Webb?

This has nothing to do with Webb. We need several quality Ol guys and the staff thinks Clark could be one of them.

• Like 1

According to Keith, Jakai will visit with both his parents tomorrow and chances are he commits.

• Like 3

On 4/8/2018 at 10:24 PM, Mikey said:

This has nothing to do with Webb. We need several quality Ol guys and the staff thinks Clark could be one of them.

We aren't getting Webb. 

This is a huge pickup at C.(Kid is in) He is a monster and plays big boy football. Smart and mean. Love this kid. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

17 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

We aren't getting Webb. 

This is a huge pickup at C.(Kid is in) He is a monster and plays big boy football. Smart and mean. Love this kid. 

Dang @WarDamnEagleWDE you really know how to kill the hopes and dreams of some of us.  I do agree with you though that this kid has that mean streak I want to see in a C.  I have been talking about it in several threads, but smart & mean are the 2 biggest things for C.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

We aren't getting Webb. 

So has he committed or just strong speculation?

He is committed link

OL from Georgia commits to Auburn

When Auburn offered him a scholarship on Saturday, Jakai Clark was “a little bit” surprised.

When Auburn offered him a scholarship on Saturday, Jakai Clark was “a little bit” surprised.

But with that offer, the Tigers immediately shot to the top of his list of favorites. Three days later, the 3-star center from Grayson (Ga.) has committed to Gus Malzahn’s program.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I hope the video linked in KN's article is a Freudian slip up.  It is for OP not JC.  Someone with 247 login or ties to KN might can alert him so he can post the proper HUDL highlights

Edited by LKEEL75

• ellitor featured and pinned this topic

From what I read, Grimes identified this kid- presumably while checking out Morris- and told Morris and Pappoe to send him our way. He gets to campus, get his offer and tries to commit on the spot. Speaking of Morris, how about those comments about Clark from the Grayson recruiting coordinator. 

Will be interesting to see how many more offers he gets, unless he shuts things down. 

• Love 1

42 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

We aren't getting Webb. 

Calling my man crush now. 

• Haha 1

I think his team mates will commit in the not too distant future to us. A trifecta is in the making I believe. Gotta be positive on this one folks; it is the only way the Doc can operate on this grand surgical plan!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

We aren't getting Webb. 

That is one curious dog you have! reminds me of my corgi a bit. I like your take on Clark, but hope you are dead wrong on Webb my friend!

Welcome and War Eagle Mr. Clark. Now you have less than a month to get your 2 teammates to commit also. Let's get to work!!!:wareagle:

• Like 1
  • Love 1