2019 3* C Jakai Clark Decommitted from AU (Update 9/3/18 )

WFE12

I can’t paste the articles From my phone  and I don’t have a computer right now but if the below linked article is true then I and some AU connected people, Including the author of the article who got the first originally started , overreacted and I apologize...

https://auburn.rivals.com/news/clark-clears-air-about-tennessee-visit

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, wareagle13 said:

Free article on rivals said Jakai originally told the staff he wasn’t going to make it cause owen’s car was full and he wasn’t going to Tennessee. Morris, his best friend, offered him a chance to go to Tennessee with him instead of just staying home all weekend and jakai made a last second decision to do it but forgot to tell the coaches. He said the coaches scolded him not for his decision to go, but for his communication. And that he’s looking forward to the first home game so he can sit down with the coaches and apologize in person even though he’s already cleared the air for the most part.

Most reasonable and sensible explanation.

i will say that he may regret all of this come August 2019 when his two-a-days are smidge rougher with the extra dose of de-recruiting!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

I can’t paste the articles From my phone  and I don’t have a computer right now but if the below linked article is true then I and some of them connected people. Including the author of the article who got the first originally started , overreacted and I apologize...

Stand up play, E.

Just glad we can put him back on the 2019 Deshaun Davis Award watchlist!

On 8/7/2018 at 7:17 PM, doc4aday said:

I understand this completely, but just want our coaches to make sure that each recruit we pursue knows what Auburn is all about.  Auburn is a special place and offers a student something he or she will not find in another school. I knew when I made my post that it would create some controversy, but wanted to get across the Auburn experience that no other school really has to offer. I consider Auburn to be the "Camelot" of colleges in the SEC and beyond and our coaches need to do all they can do to get this across to recruits looking for a school.

I understand Mate.  Auburn is your Camelot.  I loved it as a boy, myself. I will tell you, from experience, that it is NOT everyone's cup of tea, and I am certain that the coaches have done all they can to help this young man feel comfortable and at home at Auburn.

But there are other schools who have as much to offer, if not more, to students. And these kids are incredibly impressionable at this time, and have a lot of pressure upon them.  

When I taught at alabama, I made a conscious effort to recruit students who were at the top of the pecking order in the state and nationally.  This meant I was recruiting against Juilliard, Indiana, Curtis, Maryland, and even FSU.  All I had to offer was myself, as uat had zilch for a reputation in my field.  I won more than my fair share ( always won in-state), but I lost several because it wasn't a pretty campus, or they felt it was a racist university (which it is), or that it just wasn't close enough to a city like Atlanta or Houston.

My daughter had a 35 on her ACT and a 4.6 from a top 15 high school nationally this year.  She had Johns Hopkins, UP, UVA, and several small schools offering her good money, but when she walked on campus at William & Mary, it was all over.  

Gee, you shoulda seen me when I took her to New Haven and tried to entice her with Yale, my alma mater.  She was bored to tears!

All this to say, everybody is different.  Mr. Clark is getting a taste of people really wanting him now, not just Auburn.  It's all poker, and he's picking up a winning hand...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mid Atlantic Tiger said:

When I taught at alabama, 

Yale, my alma mater.  

How in the world did you become an Auburn fan?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tigerfinz said:

I think we are all born as pure, sinless Auburn fans...people just make bad choices in life that lead them astray...?

Would that be tabula tigris or tigris rasa?;)

• Love 1

For those who want to see a lot of 2019 and 2020 prospects on the field at the same time in the ATL area this fall. Grayson plays at Marietta Sept. 7. As good as Grayson’s 2019 class may be, Marietta’s 2020 class may be better with 6-4 stars and 1-5 stars on 247. It should be a really fun game to watch. I’m looking forward to seeing Pappoe, Clark and Morris go up against Harrison Bailey and Co.

Edited by tigerwings
  • Like 2

On 8/9/2018 at 10:53 AM, ellitor said:

I can’t paste the articles From my phone  and I don’t have a computer right now but if the below linked article is true then I and some AU connected people, Including the author of the article who got the first originally started , overreacted and I apologize...

I'm glad it's not what we thought it might be. Makes a lot of sense after hearing his explanation and it's nice to hear he's trying to get WM for an OV. Let him watch us kick Tenn's teath in lol

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, bigbird said:

It's okay he's only a OLineman...

latest?cb=20150331161647

And it's not like his coach, who is also Wanya Morris's coach, said that Clark is their best OL. Wait, he actually did say exactly that. 

It's okay, though, gang. Prime Time Grimes will make everything better.

Why are you all still frowning?? :headscratch:

I'm so confused...Gone because he left us or because the coaches didn't like the game he played going to UT? 

Isn't he like BFF with Owen? Sad day. 

Just now, AidiAU said:

I'm so confused...Gone because he left us or because the coaches didn't like the game he played going to UT? 

Lies to AU and sneaks off to UT.  Public backlash, so he (or his advisors) makes up a story about trying to flip Wanya.

• Thanks 1

Just now, AUDevil said:

Lies to AU and sneaks off to UT.  Public backlash, so he (or his advisors) makes up a story about trying to flip Wanya.

Gotcha. Although he's always been saying he's trying to flip Wanya so I guess it wasn't totally unbelievable. 

But WDE and many others on this board are much more plugged in than I. :) 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

Gotcha. Although he's always been saying he's trying to flip Wanya so I guess it wasn't totally unbelievable. 

But WDE and many others on this board are much more plugged in than I. :) 

I'm not connected and. I don't read VIP stuff...just based on the info I read here that's what I make of the situation.  And if he really had a plan to help flip Wanya, there's no way he would reveal that publicly...that's the kind of thing you do on the sly and deny deny deny.

Edited by AUDevil

I would think that the coaching staff would go ahead and pull his offer in order to get out in front of this and that we would be hearing something from the recruiting services.  IMO, it’s not in the best interest of the recruit or the school to let things continue to linger.  Am I missing something?

1 hour ago, AidiAU said:

Mutual parting from the incident you stated.

He's friends with Owen but not to the point it will effect Owen & AU.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, gctiger said:

I would think that the coaching staff would go ahead and pull his offer in order to get out in front of this and that we would be hearing something from the recruiting services.  IMO, it’s not in the best interest of the recruit or the school to let things continue to linger.  Am I missing something?

We will hear something from him or his family when they are ready. The staff can't do anything publicly remember.

46 minutes ago, ellitor said:

We will hear something from him or his family when they are ready. The staff can't do anything publicly remember.

I understand.  I just think that it may look better if it “appears” that Auburn pulled his offer prior to the kid publicly announcing his decommittment. Even though the coaches can’t publicly mention the kid by name, I would think they could mention to a recruiting service that they are rescinding an offer at a certain position.  To me, it’s perception thing, but I may be over thinking it...

Edited by gctiger

bullets.gif

Grimes when Gus asks him how the o-line recruiting is looking

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1