2019 3* C Jakai Clark Decommitted from AU (Update 9/3/18 )

WFE12

4 minutes ago, wareagle13 said:

I'm really confused, no site other than ours is talking about JC decommitting, where is it?

In the tea leaves, 13. In the tea leaves. I seent it.

1 hour ago, wareagle13 said:

I'm really confused, no site other than ours is talking about JC decommitting, where is it?

As I said yesterday He & his family will announce it when they are ready. It's all over the pay wall message boards but we got it from WDE & Clayton who have their own connections to the program.

3 minutes ago, Jaxr29 said:

"all of my brother(S) going there"

hmmm?

Also used no love lost wrong from how he intended also.

I know this is unpopular, but do we ever take long shots and make calls to kids in CA/OR/west coast?  Just thinking if we did this, once every few yrs we would land someone.  The SEC has a BIG calling card.  

“With Auburn, I love Auburn, but after talking to the coaches I just feel it’s in my best interest to look at other schools,” Clark said.

translation...

6bb.gif

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I know this is unpopular, but do we ever take long shots and make calls to kids in CA/OR/west coast?  Just thinking if we did this, once every few yrs we would land someone.  The SEC has a BIG calling card.  

Out of SEC territory recruits are generally only pursued if they express real interest after getting a verbal offer from AU, or have family that went to AU or live close by, or like in Cam'Ron Kelly's case has a trainer with AU ties. And yes we do put out feelers which is essentially what your question asks.

Wonder what changed his family love for Auburn. Heck, he stayed committed to Auburn for about 5 months if not longer.

Edited by auburn4ever

1 minute ago, auburn4ever said:

Wonder what changed his love Auburn. Heck, he stayed committed to Auburn for about 5 months if not longer.

He still loves AU

48 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

He has a strange way of showing it. So does Andy Boykin for 2020.

Boykin and Clarke are totally different situations.  Boykin is a junior and wants to fully enjoy the process.  Clarke is a borderline SEC starter in the future with good development and played his cards wrong.  Coaches decided it was best if both parties go different directions.  Nothing more nothing less.  Clarke will get to play somewhere for a free education.  Good luck to the young man.  

Aside from the personal opinion of Clarke I stated earlier not sure exactly when but sometime early in the spring that coaches were going to be more aggressive and not play around with high school players.  

• Like 1

I don't believe Clark's decommittment affects the strength of 2019 class much at all unless it has some effect on Pappoe's committment.  Don't know how close they were but have to admit it does make me a little nervous.

9 hours ago, autan said:

Don't know how close they were but have to admit it does make me a little nervous.

It shouldn't Pappoe is our strongest recruiter & will not be effected by Clark.

Just now, Proud Tiger said:

3-star center Jakai Clark and AU have parted ways according to Auburn Undercover/KeithNieburh.

His thread has already been moved and announced as a decommitment. Good riddance. 

14 hours ago, corchjay said:

Boykin and Clarke are totally different situations.  Boykin is a junior and wants to fully enjoy the process.  Clarke is a borderline SEC starter in the future with good development and played his cards wrong.  Coaches decided it was best if both parties go different directions.  Nothing more nothing less.  Clarke will get to play somewhere for a free education.  Good luck to the young man.  

Aside from the personal opinion of Clarke I stated earlier not sure exactly when but sometime early in the spring that coaches were going to be more aggressive and not play around with high school players.  

Clark bold faced lied to the AU coach, boom gone. But he was a top target at C. Calling him  a boardline SEC talent is disingenuous. 

Boykin got flipped by uga. He is gone. Dell McGee and Kirby got the job done here. Boykin is a stud.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Boykin got flipped by uga. He is gone. Dell McGee and Kirby got the job done here. Boykin is a stud.  

Any chance we can win him back or done deal?

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Dell McGee and Kirby got the job done here. Boykin is a stud. 

Any chance we ever do whatever it takes to get McGee away from Georgia?