CJ Tolbert

TexasTiger

17 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

I couldn't watch much of A-Day, but I did notice there were a couple of plays where Barrett lined up at WR and then motioned into the backfield and got set at RB.  I hope this gets used a lot this season and he actually takes some hand offs.  Steelers use Bell like this a lot.

That would also make the wildcat more effective, if we keep it as a tool. The ability to rotate the QB out wide, bring the back to QB and slide Barrett in as the back makes it so they can't key on the wildcat QB, and so we don't have to substitute into the formation.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also saw a lot of plays when #99 lined up wide and motions back into the backfield. Damn he is probably pushing 300#s. I might scrap that. 

9 hours ago, alexava said:

I also saw a lot of plays when #99 lined up wide and motions back into the backfield. Damn he is probably pushing 300#s. I might scrap that. 

We are going to use him to run the Wildcat Cox 360 Turn Play. 

17 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Yes sir. And Alaric Williams didn't qualify. Regardless of what we think about their response, Gus and Horton definitely got dealt bad hands the last few seasons. 

Williams not qualifying wasn't a huge secret. AU knew he was a long shot but still signed him. Gus and Horton didn't get dealt any bad hands. 

7 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Williams not qualifying wasn't a huge secret. AU knew he was a long shot but still signed him. Gus and Horton didn't get dealt any bad hands. 

What about HERB Hand?!?!     :rimshot:

No, that's really disappointing to hear. But it has been a *lot* of injuries, and most of them happened pretty early in the season. 

Edit: And Thomas and Robinson were... whatever they were.

Archived