Baseball at Arkansas Game 3

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

I'm beginning to think Venter is a problem at first......doesn't seem to be a natural at that position.

C'mon....guys throwing routine balls into the dirt three feet short of the first baseman....no excuse for that from college level players....

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

C'mon....guys throwing routine balls into the dirt three feet short of the first baseman....no excuse for that from college level players....

That's not exactly what happened. Venter is part of that equation and he is not able to dig out the less than perfects. 

Just now, Tigerbelle said:

That's not exactly what happened. 

Saw it twice....pretty sure that's what happened....unless the throw was 4 feet short...

Just now, AU64 said:

Saw it twice....pretty sure that's what happened....unless the throw was 4 feet short...

I will disagree and let it drop. There are too many at first base that he can't pick for him not to be part of that problem. You think what you want.

1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

We are the absolute unluckiest team in the world this weekend. There is no way in the world that would ever happen more than once out of 1,000 ground balls up the middle the ball bouncing PERFECTLY into left to give him a double instead of a seeing eye single. We are the unluckiest team in the world. I swear this annoys the crap out of me.

It's the hair!

Time for a team High and Tight and quit with this half mullet looK

1 minute ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Oh thank goodness.  I thought they were going to let him pitch to another lefty.

This is a tough spot for Mitchell. I hope he's ready.

Feel bad for Burns....pitched winning baseball today..  Gotta be hard for the starters to keep confident when they see their good work go down the drain. 

Meanwhile, don't recall seeing Greenhill so looks like he is not going to be playing this weekend......time to use him would have been when  Coker came into the game.....

Hoping Mitchell can stop it right here...

6 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

That's not exactly what happened. Venter is part of that equation and he is not able to dig out the less than perfects. 

Isn't he playing out of position?  Thought I remember hearing he is a 3rd bagger pressed into service at first.

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Feel bad for Burns....pitched winning baseball today..  Gotta be hard for the starters to keep confident when they see their good work go down the drain. 

Meanwhile, don't recall seeing Greenhill so looks like he is not going to be playing this weekend......time to use him would have been when  Coker came into the game.....

Hoping Mitchell can stop it right here...

I think Greenhill was in the bullpen with Mitchell

Nice work by Mitchell....kept the bases full......

7 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Isn't he playing out of position?  Thought I remember hearing he is a 3rd bagger pressed into service at first.

Yeah I think CBT wanted to get his bat into the lineup. He didn't expect Josh Anthony to come back so Venter needed a spot. I am not meaning to diss Venter at all. It's just not his natural position but I know he's doing his best. It's not the best fit for him. It's unfortunate. 

So....even announcers seem to be questioning the run coming off the board.....any grounds for a protest or is this gonna just be another clip the video of worst calls by SEC officials...

Two line drives in the T8 hit right to Arkansas RF. And Venter just misses a bomb to LF. Tie game to the bottom of the 8th.  Everything is coming up Hogs at the moment

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

So....even announcers seem to be questioning the run coming off the board.....any grounds for a protest or is this gonna just be another clip the video of worst calls by SEC officials...

Nothing but the finest in SEC!

:drippingsarcasm7pa:

Archived