Anybody else being reminded of 2014?

WFE12

4 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Yes, it is the polar opposite down here.  The winters are actually quite nice here from Jan - April.  The rest of the year though....

Like I tell people, we have 3 seasons here alright.  Summer, Summer, Slightly Less Summer & Summer.

The heat and humidity might suck, but at least the bugs are horrible. 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

The heat and humidity might suck, but at least the bugs are horrible. 

That made me LOL.

43 minutes ago, DAG said:

I appreciate the sentiments . I definitely  think your interpretation is not on the same wavelength of what I was trying to get across and I almost regret divulging such personal info , but I thought in this instance it was warranted.  Either way, agree to disagree. Back to AU football!

But, your story is the type of story that makes Auburn what it is. So I thank you for sharing.

Lol and I have been to a Bears/Packers game at Soldier. Insane.

7 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

But, your story is the type of story that makes Auburn what it is. So I thank you for sharing.

Lol and I have been to a Bears/Packers game at Soldier. Insane.

They honestly hate each other haha. And the poor bear fans always seem to get the end of the stick. I will say though that the Cub fans make up for it down here, although I got to say they are pretty horrible.

On 5/17/2018 at 12:19 PM, DAG said:

Hmm okay so let me tell you a story. When I was 8 , I lost my God father, the late Corporal Anderson Gordon ( My father called him Gordon) to senseless gunfire. He was a huge Auburn football fan, along with my father who just recently retired from the MPD. I was severely heart broken. My single mother at the time was super crushed. We didn’t have a whole lot, but I do remember my mother taking me to an AU football game that fall, the first of many I would attend, after his death. He had always said he would take me to a game and I wanted it more than ever after my father left. Sadly, he never had the opportunity to do it. My mom, who at that time, did not have a BSN, took me to the game and it meant the world. Not only because I attended my first AU game, but the fact as a single parent, who was a unit clerk, she sacrificed her time and money to make me happy during one of the hardest times of my life. After that , my mom decided to get her college degree at AU. She got her BSN. The first person in her family to get a degree. She is now one of two black female CNO in the state of Wisconsin. That is pretty much the highest you can go as a nurse . That set in stone for me to earn my degree as a nursing student from Auburn. Now? I am a licensed nurse practitioner  and lucky enough to be the first in my family to earn a masters degree in Nursing. Iono maybe it was destiny. What I will say is that AU football played a defining part in my family trajectory of life. I think you need to be a little more cautious on projecting your perspective on others.

I know when I attended AU, there were students from all walks of life with various backgrounds who came to AU just to experience what it was like at JH on a Sunday evening. I am talking people who did in fact make a decision to pay their way to an institution like AU because they wanted to experience this once in a life time opportunity . It provides outlets for many different reasons, even if you view it as just entertainment. 

Edit: clarification , I want to say my mother got her degree from AUM. She couldn’t afford to travel to AU being a single parent but you guys get the drift!.

I love this story so very much. Thank you for sharing! 

Archived