JB Grimes- Thoughts?

McLoofus

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

We may not get him but have you heard why he has shown the initiative and  picked up the communication with Auburn a lot lately?

No. And is he really picked up more communication than he has already been doing? The communication has always been there. But in the end he will go to uat. Didn't say that Webb didn't like our staff. 

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

No. And is he really picked up more communication than he has already been doing? The communication has always been there. But in the end he will go to uat. Didn't say that Webb didn't like our staff. 

Think he’s just close to Gus and Grimes offered him first.

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Per Jason Caldwell and Keith...and Corch (who has a legit connection to the staff), Clay has picked up communication with Auburn quite a bit and initiated it.  Jason and Keith consider it a significant development in his recruitment.   They aren’t predicting Clay  to land with  Auburn but Keith has said many times over the past couple months in free and VIP posts, just as Corch has,  that it feels like Auburn is in this recruitment more than people think. Not saying they are right  and you are wrong or vice versa. Just pointing out there is 2 different sets of info here  coming from very reliable sources (Meaning all of you that I have mentioned)

2 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Think he’s just close to Gus and Grimes offered him first.

All that and you got to think he has a longer and possibly stronger relationship with the Auburn staff Than the Bama staff with all the coaching changes they have made especially on the O line.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Per Jason Caldwell and Keith...and Corch (who has a legit connection to the staff), Clay has picked up communication with Auburn quite a bit and initiated it.  Jason and Keith consider it a significant development in his recruitment.   They aren’t predicting Clay  to land with  Auburn but Keith has said many times over the past couple months in free and VIP posts, just as Corch has,  that it feels like Auburn is in this recruitment more than people think. Not saying they are right  and you are wrong or vice versa. Just pointing out there is 2 different sets of info here  coming from very reliable sources (Meaning all of you that I have mentioned)

and I suspect Bo is in his ear a lot.    Didn't I read they were good friends?

51 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Yes.  But he is also good friends with the Tyson QB from Trussville who is a bama commit.

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

Yes but as Booth proved last week commits rarely win battles with other recruits.

19 hours ago, ellitor said:

We shall see. I'll stick with my sources on this one. 

36 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

We shall see. I'll stick with my sources on this one. 

Cool.  As well you should. Apparently all three of Auburn, Bama, and Georgia Are optimistic on landing Webb.

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 1:09 AM, ellitor said:

We may not get him but have you heard why he has shown the initiative and  picked up the communication with Auburn a lot lately?

Easy!  Saban told him too.  He's just another in a long line of Bama plants to undermine AU recruiting starting with T.J. Yeldon. </sarcasm>

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

uga? :rollin:

A number of people have thought for a while Georgia was ahead of Auburn.

46 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

Easy!  Saban told him too.  He's just another in a long line of Bama plants to undermine AU recruiting starting with T.J. Yeldon. </sarcasm>

From everything I’ve gathered Clay is not that type of kid.

My gut feel is our staff hasn't given up on landing Webb.  Until that happens there is always a chance. Also don't think they've given up on Morris and he's committed to UT.

15 minutes ago, autan said:

My gut feel is our staff hasn't given up on landing Webb.  Until that happens there is always a chance. Also don't think they've given up on Morris and he's committed to UT.

Obviously the staff hasn’t given up Webb given he’s picked up his communication with us a lot lately.  Morris Is a different situation. He and his mom are All Vol right now and aren’t communicating that much with Auburn.

15 minutes ago, autan said:

I would certainly hope not. That would be like seeing a hundy on the ground on a windy day and not even trying a little bit to pick it up. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

That would be like seeing a hundy on the ground on a windy day and not even trying a little bit to pick it up

I know you mean so you can find the rightful owner, because that's what we Auburn men and women do, right. :)

16 minutes ago, kd4au said:

I know you mean so you can find the rightful owner, because that's what we Auburn men and women do, right. :)

I BLEED CREED, BROTHER!

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

From everything I’ve gathered Clay is not that type of kid.

I did put </sarcasm> at the end hoping you would get that I was being facetious.

1 hour ago, triangletiger said:

I did put </sarcasm> at the end hoping you would get that I was being facetious.

Uh, even with a disclaimer E doesn't recognize sarcasm. Bird is an abject failure as a sarcasm teacher. But, sometimes the most skilled are the worst teachers....

1 hour ago, triangletiger said:

Needed to put sarcasm at the front of that post. I stopped reading the rest of the post after “Saban told him to”

27 minutes ago, fredst said:

Uh, even with a disclaimer E doesn't recognize sarcasm. Bird is an abject failure as a sarcasm teacher. But, sometimes the most skilled are the worst teachers....

I would have recognized it had I read it. Like I just posted above I stopped at Saban told him to. With all the negativity that permeates our Fanbase sometimes I have a short fuse for believed negative comments.

20 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Needed to put sarcasm at the front of that post. I stopped reading the rest of the post after “Saban told him to”

Advice I will heed next time I'm in similar circumstances.

23 hours ago, tinman said:

Yes.  But he is also good friends with the Tyson QB from Trussville who is a bama commit.

Difference being that Tyson won't start a game at bammer.  He's only there because of his grand daddy.

1 hour ago, AUatHeart said:

Difference being that Tyson won't start a game at bammer.  He's only there because of his grand daddy.

He might not start but Tyson is probably the second best QB in Alabama this year behind Nix.  Big Body, can move around some, has a strong arm, and is accurate.  Regardless of paw-paw being Bryant

Archived