There's a first time for everything.

AUDub

Congratulations to Senator Duckworth on the new arrival, and for being the first Senator to give birth while in office. 

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/382293-tammy-duckworth-gives-birth-to-baby-girl?amp&__twitter_impression=true

Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.) has given birth to a daughter, becoming the first senator to give birth while in office.

Duckworth on Monday welcomed Maile Pearl Bowlsbey, her second child with her husband Brian Bowlsbey, her office said.

Duckworth, 50, announced her pregnancy in January. Multiple other women have given birth while serving in Congress, but all were members of the House.

1 hour ago, stoic-one said:

Holy cow, 50!?!?

Bless her heart, that's way too late to start getting too little sleep. ;)

At least she'll be writing a very interesting memoir.  

2 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

I was 40-5 days. 

Kim was 40- 8 months.

Yes that’s the upper limit.. my Sister  just had one at 40. I hope at least one of you got spayed or neutered. 

I was late myself. 32 Alex, 36 Ava. Tonia is 3 years younger than me. We shut it down. 

I took one for the team before he was born.

We have friends that started having kids 46-52...We think know they are insane.

When CeCe hits a year, I promised myself I'd go under the knife. Almost there. Time to buy some frozen peas. 

2 hours ago, AUDub said:

When CeCe hits a year, I promised myself I'd go under the knife. Almost there. Time to buy some frozen peas. 

Why the wait?

4 minutes ago, alexava said:

Why the wait?

Just a deadline I set for myself, plus I’m not really looking forward to it. Nobody likes a urologist cutting on their junk. 

2 hours ago, AUDub said:

Just a deadline I set for myself, plus I’m not really looking forward to it. Nobody likes a urologist cutting on their junk. 

I totally understand. I can't even rib you about it. The wife got fixed during the delivery. I'm still firing live rounds. BUT if not for that i would have gladly gotten snipped. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived