Feds Raid Office of Trump Lawyer Who Paid Off Stormy Daniels. This Is a Big Deal.

AUDub

A good breakdown. Ken White is one worth listening to. 

https://reason.com/archives/2018/04/09/what-we-know-about-the-search-trump-lawy

The very big news of the day: FBI agents raided the law office of Michael Cohen, President Donald Trump's lawyer who was involved in payment of $130,000 to adult performer "Stormy Daniels" for a nondisclosure agreement. Some reports suggest they also raided his home.

Recently I've been listening to the podcast "Slow Burn," about Watergate. There's a fascinating theme throughout it: when you're living a historical event, how do you know? How can you tell when a development is a big deal?

This is a big deal. It's very early on, but here's some things we can already tell.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Does this mean there is nothing to the Russia stuff or Obstruction......just asking? 

Don't know. It's a good indicator Cohen is in deep s*** though. 

6 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Does this mean there is nothing to the Russia stuff or Obstruction......just asking? 

I wouldn’t assume this is a good sign for your idol.

10 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I wouldn’t assume this is a good sign for your idol.

Hey goof ball, he is not my "idol". Just asking if this an indicator that he is cleared from russian meddling. and you damn well do not know who is "toast"

19 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Good indicator that someone thinks a crime was committed. Must be little on the other front IMO. Still fishing.

4 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Hey goof ball, he is not my "idol". Just asking if this an indicator that he is cleared from russian meddling. and you damn well do not know who is "toast"

The bar is exceptionally high for this kind of warrant.

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

Cohen is ******. On the 1-10 "how ****** am I?" scale, he's currently sitting at 11. 

39 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

The bar is exceptionally high for this kind of warrant.

36 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Cohen is ******. On the 1-10 "how ****** am I?" scale, he's currently sitting at 11. 

Take 2 of you to reply about a simple question that you have not answered? 

49 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Seriously?  :dunno:

Why would you think this is linked at all?  

17 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Any information that suggests this was done with the election in mind, makes it a possible felony.

It has nothing to do with the Russians - or more correctly - it doesn't have to have anything to do with the Russians in order to be a big problem. 

But who knows?  I suspect Russia was an easy source of cash for Trump.

(And please, I have no idea if the Russians would be involved.  It doesn't seem very likely to me. So let's not dive into that rabbit hole.  But there's plenty of circumstances to support suspicion.)

3 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

That anyone would infer anything on Trump based off of the happenings of today symbolizes one's ignorance. FEC Regs, bank fraud, and wire fraud most logically appear to be the crimes that are being pursued in light of public revelations. This has been circulating in the news for a couple of weeks now. A warrant IS NOT probative that a crime has occurred. A crime doesn't have to be listed on the warrant. That's not the purpose of a warrant. An affidavit presents evidence that a warrant COULD COLLECT MORE evidence and then the warrant simply outlines what may be searched and seized and from where. A warrant would never list a crime, because that would limit any evidence in that warrant to being used ONLY in an investigation of that specific crime. A warrant merely lists the target of the warrant, the address authorized, any limits on what may be searched for, and other such guidelines. I assume Mueller would be interested in anything that ties this to Trump. Whether or not that exists here, no one knowsAgain, the most likely crime violations are campaign finance laws by Cohen - which are inherently intertwined with the crimes i previous listed. Again, the idea that Cohen’s payment could be a campaign finance violation has been in the news for weeks. Why are people pretending this is some great mystery. That said, that doesn’t mean they can’t use anything that they gather (assumig they do it correctly) as evidence of other crimes.

Just now, SaltyTiger said:

Did the Mueller investigation have nothing to do with it?

To my understanding, Mueller uncovered something unrelated to his main mission and turned it over to the Justice Dept. for them to pursue.  So yes, in that sense, the Mueller investigation is what started this.

3 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

That anyone would infer anything on Trump based off of the happenings of today symbolizes one's ignorance. FEC Regs, bank fraud, and wire fraud most logically appear to be the crimes that are being pursued in light of public revelations. This has been circulating in the news for a couple of weeks now. A warrant IS NOT probative that a crime has occurred. A crime doesn't have to be listed on the warrant. That's not the purpose of a warrant. An affidavit presents evidence that a warrant COULD COLLECT MORE evidence and then the warrant simply outlines what may be searched and seized and from where. A warrant would never list a crime, because that would limit any evidence in that warrant to being used ONLY in an investigation of that specific crime. A warrant merely lists the target of the warrant, the address authorized, any limits on what may be searched for, and other such guidelines. I assume Mueller would be interested in anything that ties this to Trump. Whether or not that exists here, no one knowsAgain, the most likely crime violations are campaign finance laws by Cohen - which are inherently intertwined with the crimes i previous listed. Again, the idea that Cohen’s payment could be a campaign finance violation has been in the news for weeks. Why are people pretending this is some great mystery. That said, that doesn’t mean they can’t use anything that they gather (assumig they do it correctly) as evidence of other crimes.

Thanks for that analysis, counseler.  ;D

22 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

2 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Apparently Tex needs it. At least Dub said he "don't know" 

Sorry, but I don't get the reference.

What exactly did Tex say that indicated he needed a lecture on warrants?

3 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

So it’s good news for Cohen. Thanks for clearing that up. I’m sure Cohen’s records hold no concerns for Trump. He was just letting off steam to reporters. 

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Sorry, but I don't get the reference.

What exactly did Tex say that indicated he needed a lecture on warrants?

"this is not a good sign for [presumably Trump]" 

Anyone with IQ above room temperature can infer what the "this" is referring to and "idol" (as used in the comment). 

4 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

He doesn't. He was disabusing Salty of the notion that this might absolve Trump. 

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

So it’s good news for Cohen. Thanks for clearing that up. I’m sure Cohen’s records hold no concerns for Trump. He was just letting off steam to reporters. 

My gosh

9 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

"this is not a good sign for [presumably Trump]" 

Anyone with IQ above room temperature can infer what the "this" is referring to and "idol" (as used in the comment). 

So, it's a good sign?  :ucrazy:

Counsellor, you need a vacation.   Your second sentence only confirms it.

Archived