Feds Raid Office of Trump Lawyer Who Paid Off Stormy Daniels. This Is a Big Deal.

AUDub

2 minutes ago, HVAU said:

Trump level?

Stolen from KT to make it more forum friendly:

I can’t believe the lawyer who helped me (expletive) over everyone who ever crossed my path would (expletive) me over

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/rachel-maddow-it-seems-like-the-trump-legal-team-leaked-the-michael-cohen-tape/

Rachel Maddow: It Seems Like the Trump Legal Team Leaked the Michael Cohen Tape

Rachel Maddow suspects the news of this damning tape Michael Cohen has of Donald Trump may have been leaked from the Trump camp.

Vanity Fair‘s Emily Jane Fox spoke with Maddow last night and reported that, per one source, the Cohen tape was considered privileged by the special master, but “the President’s attorneys waived the privilege.”

And as Maddow herself said last night:

“That means prosecutors would never have gotten it. So that means the only people that would’ve had access to this thing at Michael Cohen’s lawyers and President Trump’s lawyers. And Michael Cohen’s lawyers apparently didn’t leak this thing to the New York Times today. Which means, by process of elimination, that President Trump’s lawyers did.”

“Don’t get your chain yanked on this one,” she said, arguing that Trump’s team realized the tape existed and decided to “get out ahead of this story” and shape the narrative.

Maddow also pointed out another angle of possibility: “Trump’s lawyers have essentially taken this away as something that Michael Cohen might have otherwise been exclusively able to offer prosecutors.”

Archived