Feds Raid Office of Trump Lawyer Who Paid Off Stormy Daniels. This Is a Big Deal.

AUDub

1 minute ago, NolaAuTiger said:

You're right. Any attorney would approach a message board with more respect for the profession than I have shown. I should strictly scrutinize a thread before commenting. Maybe even read a few treatises too before writing. 

How about approaching it like an adult? Start there and good things will come your way, counsellor. 

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

But "I took the ball and ran with it" - No, I engaged with Tex's apologist, AKA you

Ok? Judging off pictures, you'd be the last person I'd want teaching my kids how to play sports. How's that? 

Logic is an important skill, and it's also something you're not the arbiter of. Never have I ever seen someone's panties get in such a massive wad so quickly. I thought Tex was insinuating today's happenings as a "bad sign" for Trump- "Salty's idol" (which was a reasonable inference), and here we are

When you write up / interpret a contract, does personal implication inference normally play a part?  

If we cannot depend on the actual words we write to be accepted literally and verbatim, what's the point of having a forum to start with?

Hell, for that matter, what's the point of lawyers?

6 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Salty thinks this is great news for Trump! Free and clear! ?

great for this board goof ball. i asked one lousy question and we have filled up 3 pages of worthless stuff.

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

Oh, I'm heartbroken.

I didn't actually mean that Dub, obviously. Also, I can't do your general contracts, but I am more than happy to draft a mineral lease for you. 

It wasn't a reasonable inference. That's what makes this whole exchange so damned funny. Abort, Nola! Abort!

We surely will not persuade one another. 

Just now, homersapien said:

When you write up / interpret a contract, does personal implication inference normally play a part?  

If we cannot depend on the actual words we write to be accepted literally and verbatim, what's the point of having a forum to start with?

Well it depends (among other considerations), does the contract bear on an immovable or moveable? 

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

great for this board goof ball. i asked one lousy question and we have filled up 3 pages of worthless stuff.

Worthlessness begets worthlessness.

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Uhhh, because not everyone (especially not every lawyer and judge) is a strict constructionist..... 

17 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Sorry, must be the litigator in me. Litigation in the courtroom is saturated with bounds and leaps of inference. You wouldn't know though :) 

Well, I worked often with (very good) lawyers to draw up business contracts.  You do not represent the sort of legal thinking I know or would expect.     

Well, I worked often with (very good) lawyers to draw up business contracts.  You do not represent the sort of legal thinking I know or would expect.     

Umm, maybe because your only interactions with me are on a message board, as opposed to a private setting where I am billing hours????

Just now, NolaAuTiger said:

Did I approach it like a child?

You approached it lazily and in a way that undersells what you're capable of, so in a sense, yes, you did approach it like a child. This is supposed to be the forum for sound, serious debate (though not without little snark). You're capable of better. Let's have it. 

Well good or bad no skin off my arse..........Give up on left, right, center.

Had a very good friend enter politics some years back............Told him it was a mistake yet help anyway.

Long story short he is now the Selma police chief......Politics is dirty buisness!

2 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Umm, maybe because your only interactions with me are on a message board, as opposed to a private setting where I am billing hours????

So you’re half-assing it here? We expect your  best. ;)

24 minutes ago, AUDub said:

No. You argued against something that wasn't said.

Oh, I'm heartbroken. 

It wasn't a reasonable inference. That's what makes this whole exchange so damned funny. Abort, Nola! Abort! 

What is it about some forum members that prevents them from cutting their losses?  :dunno:

(I don't know, but it's fascinating.)

Just now, AUDub said:

You approached it lazily and in a way that undersells what you're capable of, so in a sense, yes, you did approach it like a child. This is supposed to be the forum for sound, serious debate (though not without little snark). You're capable of better. Let's have it. 

Come on now, that first comment was quite lengthy. I don't think a mere misperception of what one may have meant necessarily entails laziness. My comment on warrants is still open for response. 

As an aside, I love when Proud comes rolling through liking everything he sees that comes from anyone other than us. Still funny. 

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

So you’re half-assing it here? We expect your  best. ;)

Sorry Tex. I enjoy these discussions. Good escape from real world hogwash of everyday life - good chance to "cut back"

11 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Worthless?   Hah, this is priceless!  One for the classics.

As an aside, I love when Proud comes rolling through liking everything he sees that comes from anyone other than us. Still funny. 

To be fair, it does appear that most of us stick with our "own camps" when it comes to issuing 'likes.' 

3 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Something something sewing circle

Worthless?   Hah, this is priceless!  One for the classics.

Gotta admit Brother Homer.......Trump is sorta hard to defend at times. have to give an A for effort.

10 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Uhhh, because not everyone (especially not every lawyer and judge) is a strict constructionist..... 

Trust me.  If you get into a contract dispute, the actual words matter.  A lot.

Every single one of them.

Archived