Wiley to enter his name into the Draft

WFE12

I have two things to say. First, something about Desean Murray leaving kind of hurts me still. He was like a poor man's Charles Barkley. For a guy that was 6'3", he sure knew the art of rebounding. Second, has anyone mentioned that we are losing two of our three 80%+ free throw shooters from last year? 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, AU Is Gold said:

I have two things to say. First, something about Desean Murray leaving kind of hurts me still. He was like a poor man's Charles Barkley. For a guy that was 6'3", he sure knew the art of rebounding. Second, has anyone mentioned that we are losing two of our three 80%+ free throw shooters from last year? 

Murray was a work horse, no doubt. But there were games down the stretch where his height disadvantage made him almost disappear in important games. Remember, we lost 3 of our last 5. Lost first round in the SEC, and 2nd round of NCAAs. Having Anferee and Wiley will more than make up for that loss....

We do lose 2 80%+ FT shooters but we gain a 85%+ FT shooter. We are ok there...

Danjel hits about 88% and Samir hits about 77%... I just hope nobody tries the Hack-a-Wiley. I’m sure his free throws have improved though

Danjel was our best FT shooter last time he was eligible. But for some reason Bruce kept sending other players to the FT line for technical foul shots, etc. I could not understand it at all.

With the way Spencer improved at the FT line, I think everyone can do it.  as far as the slide down the stretch vs Murray's height ... i think that was all about missing Anfernee.  We could really miss Murray's grit and leadership.  Hope someone else takes that over.  Murray seemed so natural and genuine as a leader.  FWIW, the other obvious clubhouse leader was Dunbar.  Every "behind the scenes" clips were of those 2 guys leading.

My biggest concern is we only have 9 guys on scholly at the moment. Yes I know a lot of teams just use 8/9 to rotate but it someone gets hurt. That could hurt imo

14 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

My biggest concern is we only have 9 guys on scholly at the moment. Yes I know a lot of teams just use 8/9 to rotate but it someone gets hurt. That could hurt imo

Yessir. When Anfernee went down last year our season took a nosedive!  The good news is, all 9 of those guys are LEGIT!  I love that we’re debating who should be in the starting 5 because they’re all that good!

Your last sentence is a classic “Yogi Berra type” quote. Hilarious!

Archived