Let's try this again - Why the F.B.I. Raid Is Perilous for Michael Cohen — and Trump

AUDub

16 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

I am not excusing it at any level. Put them all in jail. I have no problem with this. 

I think you are being 100% disingenuous when you say that you support it. I think the minute they come to arrest WJC or BHO i think you will have an epiphanal spontaneous meltdown. 

As I recall, Obama's campaign was (justifiably) fined $375,000 for a simple reporting violation.  They didn't meet the 20 day minimum reporting requirement.

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/01/07/obama-campaign-fined-big-for-hiding-donors-keeping-illegal-donations

I don't have a problem with enforcing the law equally to both sides.  Talk about being disingenuous. :-\   You are full of it with your baseless accusations. 

If you oppose all campaign finance regulation, just say so.  But even then, that's no excuse for simply ignoring or flaunting existing law.

P.S.:  this is the wrong forum to be posting your sophomoric "go to" gifs in lieu of a reasoned response.  Try harder

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Cohen was sentenced to 3 years in prison today. 

Hannity is sanitizing his Twitter account of all Cohen tweets lol. 

On 8/22/2018 at 2:24 PM, DKW 86 said:

1) Howler Monkeys & S&*tgibbons (This has made me very very happy today.)

2) AUDubs list is funny only because it is indeed just about what the RWHMs (Right Wing Howler Monkeys) on Radio, Cable, etc are actually saying. 

Cohen, he may destroy Trumps pompous windbag self over a couple of Hookers. You know that has to tear DJT to pieces. He has to have concluded that High $$$ Hookers were his birth right as well. Campaign funds to pay off Hookers. I may have to get some really nice micro-brew tonite.

Image result for karma brew logo

Thanks for bringing this one back up. 

I am going to go have those Upper End Micro-Brews I promised myself very very very soon.

Howler Monkeys & S&*tgibbons...I am going to so enjoy this...🍻

Minutes after Cohen was sentenced, the Southern District announced that it had reached a non-prosecution agreement with American Media Inc., the publisher of the National Enquirer. AMI admitted to working “in concert” with Trump’s campaign to pay McDougal $150,000 “in order to ensure” that she did not publicize damaging allegations about Trump before the election, prosecutors said. “AMI further admitted that its principal purpose in making the payment was to suppress the woman’s story so as to prevent it from influencing the election,” they added.

AMI’s cooperation with prosecutors, which is ongoing, could be particularly damaging to the president. After initially denying he had any knowledge of the payments, Trump now says the payments did not constitute a campaign contribution and that it’s Cohen’s “liability” if he made a mistake. But AMI’s admission that they made the payment to prevent a scandal from derailing Trump’s candidacy undercuts his recent claim that the payments were “a simple private transaction.” Two other Trump associates who were involved in the payments—the Trump Organization’s chief financial officer, Allen Weisselberg, and the CEO of American Media Inc., David Pecker—were given immunity to testify about the scheme over the summer.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/12/michael-cohen-sentenced-trump-payments-and-lies/577972/

29 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Having a bad lawyer is not a crime. In the case of Stormy vs. Trump both had bad ones.......Cohen for him and Avenatti for her.

Yup, this isn't the homerun many were hoping for. Trump isn't going anywhere.

1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

Having a bad lawyer is not a crime. In the case of Stormy vs. Trump both had bad ones.......Cohen for him and Avenatti for her.

What he did is absolutely a crime. Pleading ignorance is his best defense, however. 

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Yup, this isn't the homerun many were hoping for. Trump isn't going anywhere.

Campaign Finance is really clear and easy to prosecute. This is going to do a ton of damage no matter what.

2 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Campaign Finance is really clear and easy to prosecute. This is going to do a ton of damage no matter what.

You may be right but the typical expectations have been thrown out the window for the orange man. I just don't see him being removed from office and with the current crowd of Dem candidates I don't see him losing in 2020. Still not sure why Pelosi has a leadership position as most of her own party expressed interest in a change. She must have all their skeletons or something.

1 minute ago, DKW 86 said:

FECA conviction requires a "knowing and willful" violation. That's a high bar. 

16 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

The thing people keep forgetting or are willfully ignorning: we still don't know as much as the FBI does.  None of us knew that the parent company of the National Enquirer has been working with the FBI for months until yesterday.  And the fact that much of this is now coming from the Southern District of NY, not Mueller, should be more alarming for Trump as it shows the investigations are much further reaching than anyone predicted.

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

The thing people keep forgetting or are willfully ignorning: we still don't know as much as the FBI does.  None of us knew that the parent company of the National Enquirer has been working with the FBI for months until yesterday.  And the fact that much of this is now coming from the Southern District of NY, not Mueller, should be more alarming for Trump as it shows the investigations are much further reaching than anyone predicted.

Somewhat related. Why in the hell would you payoff the National Enquirer of all companies? If anyone is going to pick up a story I would want it to be them. Only a small portion of morons believe the stories that they run. Let it run, dismiss it, move on from the headache.

Just now, Zeek said:

Somewhat related. Why in the hell would you payoff the National Enquirer of all companies? If anyone is going to pick up a story I would want it to be them. Only a small portion of morons believe the stories that they run. Let it run, dismiss it, move on from the headache.

Couldn't agree with you more.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

That didn't work so well for this guy.

image.png

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

You may be right but the typical expectations have been thrown out the window for the orange man. I just don't see him being removed from office and with the current crowd of Dem candidates I don't see him losing in 2020. Still not sure why Pelosi has a leadership position as most of her own party expressed interest in a change. She must have all their skeletons or something.

She bargained with the Dems who were anti by agreeing to a 1-term limit, I believe. 

Guys, I no longer think this is that big a deal. Trump has obviously damaged himself with the Indies, if not the Trumpsters. He will be gone in a while, if he doesnt get primaried by the right person.

15 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Guys, I no longer think this is that big a deal. Trump has obviously damaged himself with the Indies, if not the Trumpsters. He will be gone in a while, if he doesnt get primaried by the right person.

I still think it's a big deal because a sitting president is being implicated in felonies.  That's a problem no matter who the POTUS may be.  But I agree about 2020.  As long as the Dems don't eat their own in the primaries, I think they'll have a significant advantage in the presidential election.  A lot of Rs yack about the "electoral landslide" and conveniently forget that a total of 110,000 votes in three states changed the entire 2016 election.  That's less than 0.1% of all votes cast.  And Rs did very poorly in all three of those states during the midterms.

8 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

3EDE9AE2-1BFA-41B5-9532-DCEDF7E79D1C.jpeg

Looking at this chart the corruption of the Democrats is so obvious.  Only 3 indictments and 1 prison sentence?  

Entities under criminal investigation:

1. The Trump campaign

2. The Trump transition

3. The Trump inauguration

4. The Trump administration

5. The Trump Organization

6. The Trump Foundation

15 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

I still think it's a big deal because a sitting president is being implicated in felonies.  That's a problem no matter who the POTUS may be.  But I agree about 2020.  As long as the Dems don't eat their own in the primaries, I think they'll have a significant advantage in the presidential election.  A lot of Rs yack about the "electoral landslide" and conveniently forget that a total of 110,000 votes in three states changed the entire 2016 election.  That's less than 0.1% of all votes cast.  And Rs did very poorly in all three of those states during the midterms.

We may be miscommunicating. When I say I dont think this is that big a deal, I am saying (very poorly) that I am no longer worried about Trump being re-elected. He has finally shot himself in the foot with all this. Look, some conservatives were already queasy with Trump's complete lack of character and chasing every skirt that got within view of him. It may be a genuinely small part of his conservative base, but when you win by only 110K, any erosion is very important. Trump's Indie voters...I see them wholesale running for the exits. Trump won in large part because some folks just could not vote FOR HRC, likely the most compromised pol in America.

Trump's assertions that he wasnt in the decisions making process for paying off the hookers when Cohen made the arrangement makes no sense to even his most ardent supporters. That is the kind of bare-knuckle decision making that they voted for. Trump just quite honestly didnt think anyone would look hard enough to see campaign funds going to the hookers.

All the Dems have to do to win is run someone that is not AS DAMAGED as HRC or DJT and they should win going away. That could mean a wide-open primary system IF-IF-IF Perez and the Clinton Tribesters running the DNC allow fair primaries this time. 

Archived