Sessions is at the White House!

NolaAuTiger

9 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Sessions has been a p(you know what) from the beginning. 

Like I said, he hasn't been servile enough for Trump lovers (or Trump himself).

I've never really had a high opinion of the man, but if anything my views on him have marginally improved since he became AG.  

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Like I said, he hasn't been servile enough for Trump lovers (or Trump himself).

It's not about that, despite your usual inclination to tell me what my foundation is. If he knew he was going to be called as a witness, he should have never accepted the appointment. It was a bad choice by Trump to begin with. Utterly worthless AG. It does no service to the country of having him as AG.

Hell, the damn marijuana move was ridiculous as well. 

2 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

It's not about that, despite your usual inclination to tell me what my foundation is. If he knew he was going to be called as a witness, he should have never accepted the appointment. It was a bad choice by Trump to begin with. Utterly worthless AG. It does no service to the country of having him as AG.

I said nothing about your "foundation."  I made a general statement that I believe is accurate.  Trump's main beef with him is that he seems to think the AG is there to serve the president's interests rather than the laws of this country.  Consequently, Trump's groupies bitch about the same things...they're upset that Sessions doesn't put his thumb on the scales enough in favor of the President.

2 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Hell, the damn marijuana move was ridiculous as well. 

I agree, hence my less than enthusiastic endorsement of him in general.

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Consequently, Trump's groupies bitch about the same things...they're upset that Sessions doesn't put his thumb on the scales enough in favor of the President.

I don't disagree. But I hope you are not arbitrarily placing me in this group. I WAS NOT fan of Sessions to begin with, thus, I also criticize Trump for appointing him in the first place. 

1 minute ago, NolaAuTiger said:

I don't disagree. But I hope you are not arbitrarily placing me in this group. I WAS NOT fan of Sessions to begin with, thus, I also criticize Trump for appointing him in the first place. 

I don't know enough about your views to say that.  At times you come off that way, but I hadn't reached a conclusion.  There are others here I definitely put in that group and despite the state of denial they inhabit, it's clear as a bell that it's true about them.

Just now, TitanTiger said:

I don't know enough about your views to say that.  At times you come off that way, but I hadn't reached a conclusion.  There are others here I definitely put in that group and despite the state of denial they inhabit, it's clear as a bell that it's true about them.

Again, I don't disagree with you. If you had reached such a conclusion, by default I would try to argue it - but in all honesty, the reasonableness of such a conclusion would not have been misplaced. There have UNDOUBTEDLY been times where I have come off as a Trump apologist. However, I believe as did Justice Scalia, that my "wisdom evolves." As his presidency passes, it continually becomes evident to me that Trump is no conservative in the strict sense. In fact, there have been many instances where he appears more liberal than even middle-ground liberals. My natural instinct is to defend my "camp," but when they literally are getting nothing done, it has to cause me to step back and look at things more broadly. When I dig deep and honestly try to mirror my views with others, Trump and I often are not compatible - whereas someone like Rand Paul or Ted Cruz usually are ones with whom my views align.  

I don't mean to chase rabbits. 

On 4/11/2018 at 10:32 AM, NolaAuTiger said:

Again, I don't disagree with you. If you had reached such a conclusion, by default I would try to argue it - but in all honesty, the reasonableness of such a conclusion would not have been misplaced. There have UNDOUBTEDLY been times where I have come off as a Trump apologist. However, I believe as did Justice Scalia, that my "wisdom evolves." As his presidency passes, it continually becomes evident to me that Trump is no conservative in the strict sense. In fact, there have been many instances where he appears more liberal than even middle-ground liberals. My natural instinct is to defend my "camp," but when they literally are getting nothing done, it has to cause me to step back and look at things more broadly. When I dig deep and honestly try to mirror my views with others, Trump and I often are not compatible - whereas someone like Rand Paul or Ted Cruz usually are ones with whom my views align.  

I don't mean to chase rabbits. 

Especially if they are white rabbits 

Archived