Desean Murray to transfer or go pro

GwillMac6

5 hours ago, Tiger said:

Ok we get it, Baylor is pissed we took their QB. 

Dang baptist................................ crap I'm a baptist what the heck am I saying

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are not taking the fact that we stole their star QB very well are they?:dunno:

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Dang baptist................................ crap I'm a baptist what the heck am I saying

You’d make a better catholic. 

12 hours ago, alexava said:

You’d make a better catholic. 

Humm well I do some volunteer work at St. Mary Margret catholic church.....let me think about that.

Kam Martin wishes them well!

I don't see how another year at a place like WKU helps his pro stock.

But at least this puts to rest the idea that something is wrong within the program. IMO this makes it clear that he was worried about his playing time moving forward

42 minutes ago, Tiger said:

But at least this puts to rest the idea that something is wrong within the program. IMO this makes it clear that he was worried about his playing time moving forward

yep....but still wish he was coming back....had the rebounder's attitude that most of our guys have lacked.  Wish him well...

19 minutes ago, AU64 said:

yep....but still wish he was coming back....had the rebounder's attitude that most of our guys have lacked.  Wish him well...

Yup, agreed. His hard nosed, junkyard dog, never quit style was paramount to the team being SEC champions. I loved seeing him fight for rebounds at his size.

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Strange move unless Bruce took him aside and said, "Thanks for helping deliver the goods this year, Desean, but ya might wanna kick the tires on somewhere else for your last year of eligibility, because your minutes are gonna take a fierce hit next season."  Hard to believe that convo could have taken place with Desean's production, but I just don't see any other plausible explanation for him transferring to Western Kentucky.

16 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

Strange move unless Bruce took him aside and said, "Thanks for helping deliver the goods this year, Desean, but ya might wanna kick the tires on somewhere else for your last year of eligibility, because your minutes are gonna take a fierce hit next season."  Hard to believe that convo could have taken place with Desean's production, but I just don't see any other plausible explanation for him transferring to Western Kentucky.

Yeah, agree 100%. I don't know what else it could be.

1 hour ago, tigeraddikt said:

I doubt that of BP......but perhaps Murray thought he had better options for playing time.....Baylor for example.....and for some reason it did not work out.   I can't imagine that BP would think the team would be better off without him...though maybe there were issues?    but no reason to think that.  Sounds to me like a big plan that did not come to pass. 

Western Kentucky....sounds like he wanted to get back to dominating the competition. Understandable. Hope his attitude  toward rebounding and just giving your stuck with the young guys

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Murray is averaging 9 points and 4 boards this season and only playing 20 minutes a game. 

On 4/25/2018 at 11:32 AM, Tiger said:

he didn't have any choice but to leave if he wanted to continue playing....he has already been suspended at wky for the same reason that he had to leave AU....one flunked "test" and he was gone,so he transferred to stay eligible.....not rumor

hate it for him....i really enjoyed watching him play here. And he'll forever be our ace in the pocket for when cole gets a little too braggy lol.....

34 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

he didn't have any choice but to leave if he wanted to continue playing....he has already been suspended at wky for the same reason that he had to leave AU....one flunked "test" and he was gone,so he transferred to stay eligible.....not rumor

yep I know this now but back in April it was still a mystery. I think we will be fine at his position though

I checked his stats at WKy.  Not all that impressive given the heart and edge he played with last year.

On 11/21/2018 at 10:10 AM, Tiger said:

yep I know this now but back in April it was still a mystery. I think we will be fine at his position though

We have a tendency to over use pro ball on the basketball side...we think when a guy is decent he can play pro. It's not like that with basketball though. We have two guys that have reasonable hope of playing in the NBA and that's chumma and Wiley. The next guy up I think is actually Dunbar. But not drafted

16 minutes ago, cole256 said:

We have a tendency to over use pro ball on the basketball side...we think when a guy is decent he can play pro. It's not like that with basketball though. We have two guys that have reasonable hope of playing in the NBA and that's chumma and Wiley. The next guy up I think is actually Dunbar. But not drafted

To be clear I am not one of those guys who thought Murray had a shot at playing pro ball in America. Just originally was commenting on the idea of him stepping down a level to improve his NBA chances made no sense 

42 minutes ago, cole256 said:

purifoy and mac both have a way better chance than Dunbar. And I'd say that Purifoy has a better chance of having a longer nba career than Wiley too

I love Mac but i don’t see him in the nba.  He does not have the ball skills or outside shot.  Although he is quick off the ground, he doesn’t have the strength or height for nba inside game.

he’ll kill it in Europe.

Archived