Null



Sign in to follow this  
AUld fAUx@

That's Smarts

Recommended Posts





Love having not 1 but 2 of the starting big uglies on the list.... especially Braden who proves you can be All Everything in football and still excel in the classroom (and because he's from my neck of the woods).

I wonder if there is anything to be read into the fact that the kicking team always seems to be the smartest squad of them all...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Love having not 1 but 2 of the starting big uglies on the list.... especially Braden who proves you can be All Everything in football and still excel in the classroom (and because he's from my neck of the woods).

I wonder if there is anything to be read into the fact that the kicking team always seems to be the smartest squad of them all...

I know, right?

'course long-snapping, hold/placing, and place-kicking all sort'a involve geometry/trigonometry?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

I know, right?

'course long-snapping, hold/placing, and place-kicking all sort'a involve geometry/trigonometry?

Don't forget physics.  I mean think about it.  Who would you say has stronger legs: Kickers or OL\DL?  I mean some of those linemen are squatting volkswagons.  Has to be physics involved to do some of that kicking.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

Don't forget physics.  I mean think about it.  Who would you say has stronger legs: Kickers or OL\DL?  I mean some of those linemen are squatting volkswagons.  Has to be physics involved to do some of that kicking.

at least Newtonian ballistics.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Braden is having a big spring.  Honors, will be getting drafted, and got engaged to softballer Courtney Shea just a few weeks ago

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2018 at 9:23 AM, AUld fAUx@ said:

"Seven Auburn football players were selected by the National Football Foundation & College Hall of Fame (NFF) on Wednesday as members of the 2018 NFF Hampshire Honor Society, which is comprised of college football players from all divisions of play who each maintained a cumulative 3.2 GPA or better throughout their college career. 

The group from Auburn includes tight end Pete Berryman, kicker Daniel Carlson, offensive lineman Casey Dunn, long snapper Ike Powell, offensive lineman Braden Smith, holder Tyler Stovall and linebacker Keenan Sweeney."

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/041118aad.html

WDE

Tyler Stovall was valedictorian of his senior class I believe. He has always been very smart and ultra-talented. He has a lot of family that were great baseball athletes.

Edited by aujeff11
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kickers may be the smartest, but I know for sure there was a certain kicker here in the early 2000s who sure liked to party... And party a LOT. He certainly wouldn't of made it on a Gus Malzahn coached team. 

Either way, proud of those guys. I hate seeing legatron go, but it is nice we are keeping our kicking team in the same bloodline. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also - 

Football program had 12 (most of any AU program) named to the "2017-18 First Year SEC Academic Honor Roll list...

Each student-athlete must 1) have a cumulative GPA of 3.00 or above at the nominating institution; 2) If a student-athlete attends summer school, his/her grade point average during the summer academic term must be included in the calculation used to determine eligibility for the Academic Honor Roll; 3) Student-athletes eligible for the Honor Roll include those receiving an athletics scholarship, recipients of an athletics award (i.e., letter winner), and non-scholarship student-athletes who have been on a varsity team for two seasons; 4) a student-athlete must have successfully completed 24 semester or 36 quarter hours; 5) The student-athlete must have been a member of a varsity team for the sport's entire NCAA Championship segment.

The SEC First-Year Academic Honor Roll is based on grades from the 2017-18 academic calendar...

FOOTBALL (12)
Devan Barrett – Pre-Business
Anders Carlson – Professional Flight
Craig Carter – Agricultural Business & Economics
Tanner Dean – Pre-Civil Engineering
Casey Dunn – Community Planning
Noah Igbinoghene – Physical Activity and Health
Alec Jackson – Psychology
Trent Kelley – Finance
Jordyn Peters – Pre-Business
John Samuel Shenker – Pre-Business
Bill Taylor – Pre-Business
Barrett Tindall – Pre-Civil Engineering"

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/071118aae.html

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Also - 

Football program had 12 (most of any AU program) named to the "2017-18 First Year SEC Academic Honor Roll list...

Each student-athlete must 1) have a cumulative GPA of 3.00 or above at the nominating institution; 2) If a student-athlete attends summer school, his/her grade point average during the summer academic term must be included in the calculation used to determine eligibility for the Academic Honor Roll; 3) Student-athletes eligible for the Honor Roll include those receiving an athletics scholarship, recipients of an athletics award (i.e., letter winner), and non-scholarship student-athletes who have been on a varsity team for two seasons; 4) a student-athlete must have successfully completed 24 semester or 36 quarter hours; 5) The student-athlete must have been a member of a varsity team for the sport's entire NCAA Championship segment.

The SEC First-Year Academic Honor Roll is based on grades from the 2017-18 academic calendar...

FOOTBALL (12)
Devan Barrett – Pre-Business
Anders Carlson – Professional Flight
Craig Carter – Agricultural Business & Economics
Tanner Dean – Pre-Civil Engineering
Casey Dunn – Community Planning
Noah Igbinoghene – Physical Activity and Health
Alec Jackson – Psychology
Trent Kelley – Finance
Jordyn Peters – Pre-Business
John Samuel Shenker – Pre-Business
Bill Taylor – Pre-Business
Barrett Tindall – Pre-Civil Engineering"

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/071118aae.html

 

I'm surprised at the lack of fluff majors here. Good work, men!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

What is "Professional Flight" ..........................pilot?????

Apparently so, and

looks like a challenging curriculum:

http://bulletin.auburn.edu/undergraduate/universitycollege/professionalflight/

 

ETA - Those kickers...

Edited by AUld fAUx@
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2018 at 10:45 AM, lionheartkc said:

Love having not 1 but 2 of the starting big uglies on the list.... especially Braden who proves you can be All Everything in football and still excel in the classroom (and because he's from my neck of the woods).

I wonder if there is anything to be read into the fact that the kicking team always seems to be the smartest squad of them all...

They take fewer licks to the head if that helps. Can't hurt.  😉

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Football program had 12 (most of any AU program) 

Captain Killjoy reporting for duty, sir. I'm guessing that might be because of the huge roster compared to the other sports.

Image result for debbie downer gif

 

Edit: All awesome accomplishments nonetheless!

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Thanks faux. Neat degree for a kicker. Guess that is what we used to know as Aviation Management.  

Only took two of those courses as electives while working on my Chem.E. (and the weather course was administered through the Geography Dep't back then), but enjoyed/appreciated them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Captain Killjoy reporting for duty, sir. I'm guessing that might be because of the huge roster compared to the other sports.

Image result for debbie downer gif

 

Edit: All awesome accomplishments nonetheless!

Close second (11/ea) for Baseball and Equestrian.

ETA - ...but ^those^ seemed OT here? 

Edited by AUld fAUx@
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Close second (11/ea) for Baseball and Equestrian.

Nice!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Close second (11/ea) for Baseball and Equestrian.

 

You mean Auburn has classes for horses?  Impressive...

 

178fb69e485819ccfed7c901dd9fe62a.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

You mean Auburn has classes for horses?  Impressive...

 

178fb69e485819ccfed7c901dd9fe62a.jpg

That bone is not funny!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

You mean Auburn has classes for horses?  Impressive...

 

178fb69e485819ccfed7c901dd9fe62a.jpg

Oh, HELL yeah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

You mean Auburn has classes for horses?  Impressive...

 

 

An old (re-posted, I think?), only tangentially relevant, (anti) Auburn joke:

Why can't the University schedule Driver's Ed and Sex Education classes in the same quarter?

 

 

Just wears out the mule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

An old (re-posted, I think?), only tangentially relevant, (anti) Auburn joke:

Why can't the University schedule Driver's Ed and Sex Education classes in the same quarter?

 

 

Just wears out the mule.

Both HAHA and EWWW.... at the same time 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

An old (re-posted, I think?), only tangentially relevant, (anti) Auburn joke:

Why can't the University schedule Driver's Ed and Sex Education classes in the same quarter?

Just wears out the mule.

Self deprecation is usually a great strategy. This is one of those times.

That's a damned good joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this