Null

Sign in to follow this  
AUld fAUx@

That's Smarts

Love having not 1 but 2 of the starting big uglies on the list.... especially Braden who proves you can be All Everything in football and still excel in the classroom (and because he's from my neck of the woods).

I wonder if there is anything to be read into the fact that the kicking team always seems to be the smartest squad of them all...

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Love having not 1 but 2 of the starting big uglies on the list.... especially Braden who proves you can be All Everything in football and still excel in the classroom (and because he's from my neck of the woods).

I wonder if there is anything to be read into the fact that the kicking team always seems to be the smartest squad of them all...

I know, right?

'course long-snapping, hold/placing, and place-kicking all sort'a involve geometry/trigonometry?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

I know, right?

'course long-snapping, hold/placing, and place-kicking all sort'a involve geometry/trigonometry?

Don't forget physics.  I mean think about it.  Who would you say has stronger legs: Kickers or OL\DL?  I mean some of those linemen are squatting volkswagons.  Has to be physics involved to do some of that kicking.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

Don't forget physics.  I mean think about it.  Who would you say has stronger legs: Kickers or OL\DL?  I mean some of those linemen are squatting volkswagons.  Has to be physics involved to do some of that kicking.

at least Newtonian ballistics.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Braden is having a big spring.  Honors, will be getting drafted, and got engaged to softballer Courtney Shea just a few weeks ago

• Thanks 1

On 4/12/2018 at 9:23 AM, AUld fAUx@ said:

"Seven Auburn football players were selected by the National Football Foundation & College Hall of Fame (NFF) on Wednesday as members of the 2018 NFF Hampshire Honor Society, which is comprised of college football players from all divisions of play who each maintained a cumulative 3.2 GPA or better throughout their college career. 

The group from Auburn includes tight end Pete Berryman, kicker Daniel Carlson, offensive lineman Casey Dunn, long snapper Ike Powell, offensive lineman Braden Smith, holder Tyler Stovall and linebacker Keenan Sweeney."

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/041118aad.html

WDE

Tyler Stovall was valedictorian of his senior class I believe. He has always been very smart and ultra-talented. He has a lot of family that were great baseball athletes.

Edited by aujeff11
  • Thanks 1

Kickers may be the smartest, but I know for sure there was a certain kicker here in the early 2000s who sure liked to party... And party a LOT. He certainly wouldn't of made it on a Gus Malzahn coached team. 

Either way, proud of those guys. I hate seeing legatron go, but it is nice we are keeping our kicking team in the same bloodline.