Auburn a sleeper in SEC West

toddc

My view, which differs from many, is that Auburn is not a sleeper.  Auburn has the talent to compete with anyone.  I will be attacked for this thought but Auburn's struggles and strengths are brought on by scheme, game plans, adjustments, and lack thereof.  Just look at our losses over the last 2 to 3 years.  When we decide to look bad or make stubborn boneheaded decisions we do it up right.  While there aren't many college head coaches on this forum there are a good many folks who watch and say, "What in the *(&^ are we doing".  To me it often isn't whether we are talented enough but a matter of what our talent is being asked to do; or more importantly what they aren't being asked to do.  On the other hand, you can't argue with how we look when we are clicking on all cylinders.  Steele has done a tremendous job on defense.  Gus has put up great offensive numbers we have not seen before.  I just wish he would take the next step and incorporate some different things into his offense so that we can reach the next level without being so predictable.  Part of that wish is not putting the whole offense on one player and having more than 5 different plays regardless of who we are playing.  That to me is the missing piece we need to be consistent and be a very good team every year.  What would Lincoln Riley or Dan Mullen do with the offensive talent on this team in comparison?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/15/2018 at 7:37 PM, Scotty2Hotty said:

First time ever hearing this. Link?

The oft-told story of why Corso hated AU was Dye kicked him out of practice once. 

The Auburn hate was from cheating done when dye was coach. It is common knowledge so Google that bad boy. And I watched Bowden and Corso have their spat on ESPN. Dye might have kicked Corso out of practice but this is the first I have heard of it.

Archived