DivisionN

Our Backup QBs

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It's so crazy. Our highs are freaking HIGH.

Crazy high (4/20 joke? eh? eh? :rimshot:). And our lows are frustrating, but as the wise poet 50 Cent once said "The sunny days wouldn't be so special if it wasn't for rain"

But in all seriousness, it does make our memorable moments that much more special. That's not to say I wouldn't give Gus' left arm for some sustained and consistent success though ;D

Edited by Tiger
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




6 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Crazy high (4/20 joke? eh? eh? :rimshot:). And our lows are frustrating, but as the wise poet 50 Cent once said "The sunny days wouldn't be so special if it wasn't for rain"

But in all seriousness, it does make our memorable moments that much more special. That's not to say I wouldn't give Gus' left arm for some sustained and consistent success though ;D

I just like to think about all of the teams who would give their left... whatever... to trade lows with us and not have sustained and consistent lack of success. Then I get an extra chuckle when I think about how every team is jealous of some of our highs :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Crazy high (4/20 joke? eh? eh? :rimshot:). And our lows are frustrating, but as the wise poet 50 Cent once said "The sunny days wouldn't be so special if it wasn't for rain"

But in all seriousness, it does make our memorable moments that much more special. That's not to say I wouldn't give Gus' left arm for some sustained and consistent success though ;D

Image result for 420 gif

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DAG said:

To be fair every black QB who is tall will be called CN. I have seen it from every school and the announcer say, boy he kind of looks like Cam. Heck I even heard it last year when they were describing the Clemson QB. Shout out to Cam. He revolutionized it.

Months before Cam played his Spring game in 2010, I was calling him “the next Vince Young.” I saw what we were getting and even prophesized a Heisman, but never envisioned plays like the LSU run. 

Edited by Scotty2Hotty
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Months before Cam played his Spring game in 2010, I was calling him “the next Vince Young.” I saw what we were getting and even prophesized a Heisman, but never envisioned plays like the LSU run. 

 Nope you can’t teach anything like that. I don’t think people understand he made he honey badger and Patrick Peterson look average on that run. He dragged Patrick into the freaking end zone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DAG said:

 Nope you can’t teach anything like that. I don’t think people understand he made he honey badger and Patrick Peterson look average on that run. He dragged Patrick into the freaking end zone.

I’ve never seen a more athletic TD run, RB, QB, college, pro. Unlike anything I’ve ever seen. 

To match Peterson’s speed the last 10 yards was off the charts. Watch Peterson track down O-Mac on his 70-yard TD run. He caught up with him from the opposite side of the field.

To be fair, Kodi gave a highlight reel block on Honey Badger by somersaulting into him. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/19/2018 at 8:21 AM, auskip07 said:

to be fair we have had alot more bust/transfers than successful qb's  in the past 10 years.   

 

20 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

To be even more fair, most schools try to recruit 6-8 QBs over a 4 year period and only play 1-2, maybe 3. Even with injuries, attitude, and discipline problems our attrition rate at QB is not much different than everyone else.

Oh, it seems to happen occasionally at other schools also.

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/3-alabama-quarterbacks-transferred-last-year-ended-back-ups

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

 

Oh, it seems to happen occasionally at other schools also.

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/3-alabama-quarterbacks-transferred-last-year-ended-back-ups

 

Quite a few......the true test of the ranking system is what happens to the HS player at the school he commits to.   Once on a campus for the first time,  the 4* and 5* stuff is just theory....and for QBs in particular, the science is truly inexact it seems.  

Players who transfer because of playing time issues seem to have problems finding the right fit somewhere else....no matter what their Rivals rating...or the school they originally sign with.   

I'm guessing that sitting out a year is not good for their career either.   Few if any of these higher rated players are going the JUCO route which might do them the most good as far becoming a starter somewhere back in Div 1...:dunno:..       Likewise,  most of them probably still think of themselves as 5* prospects and are likely to be reluctant to go to a FCS school so they do what those 3 guys did and look for a place with better opportunity.....and can still end up behind some 3*  or 4* kid.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I'm guessing that sitting out a year is not good for their career either.   Few if any of these higher rated players are going the JUCO route which might do them the most good as far becoming a starter somewhere back in Div 1...:dunno:..       Likewise,  most of them probably still think of themselves as 5* prospects and are likely to be reluctant to go to a FCS school so they do what those 3 guys did and look for a place with better opportunity.....and can still end up behind some 3*  or 4* kid.   

agreed,  cam might not have been cam if he didnt have a year in JUCO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Tiger said:

Crazy high (4/20 joke? eh? eh? :rimshot:). And our lows are frustrating, but as the wise poet 50 Cent once said "The sunny days wouldn't be so special if it wasn't for rain"

But in all seriousness, it does make our memorable moments that much more special. That's not to say I wouldn't give Gus' left arm for some sustained and consistent success though ;D

“A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines. With consistency a great soul has simply nothing to do. He may as well concern himself with his shadow on the wall. Speak what you think now in hard words, and to-morrow speak what to-morrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said to-day. — 'Ah, so you shall be sure to be misunderstood.' — Is it so bad, then, to be misunderstood? Pythagoras was misunderstood, and Socrates, and Jesus, and Luther, and Copernicus, and Galileo, and Newton, and every pure and wise spirit that ever took flesh. To be great is to be misunderstood.” [Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self Reliance]

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, AUGunsmith said:

QBs throw the ball and control the offense, not run. No QB at an auburn level school should be run 1st. 

 

True...but only running as a last feeble attempt to salvage a busted play is not good either.

Edited by AU64
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How can anyone throw out so much criticism on how a player or players played during a spring game? good heavens people, it wasn't the Iron Bowl. These young men will get better as time goes on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

How can anyone throw out so much criticism on how a player or players played during a spring game? good heavens people, it wasn't the Iron Bowl. These young men will get better as time goes on.

Who are you and what did you do with A4E?

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Who are you and what did you do with A4E?

I literally almost posted the same thing.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

How can anyone throw out so much criticism on how a player or players played during a spring game? good heavens people, it wasn't the Iron Bowl. These young men will get better as time goes on.

Who are you??????????????? Your not a4e bird has done something 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Who are you??????????????? Your not a4e bird has done something 

ThinWeeklyDogwoodclubgall-size_restricte

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

I blame Gus Malzahn and him not having any defense to stop F$U.

That's strange, he blames you

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2018 at 7:50 PM, DivisionN said:

Both of those guys are very talented, and, put in the right situation would do well.

I just don't trust Gus to do that to be perfectly honest. Sean White was never given the type of Offense that he would have been successful in running. Honestly, JS might be deadly in a West Coast approach.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now