Alabama's governor race?

keoson7

I am 4 years removed from my Baldwin County lifestyle, and am thoroughly enjoying my freedom, and ability to make a fair wage, out here in Colorado.  But I am curious if y'all think the state is ready, for an independent candidate, that is not owned by the special interest cartels?  Such as independent self funded, Chad "Chig" Martin,  just curious ..thanks

No. Alabama is still a de facto one party state when it comes to statewide elections.

It's true we've a dem in the Senate right now, but the perfect storm of events had to happen for that to be the case, and he won't be there long.

An independent will have an extremely difficult time finding any sort of traction here.

Ivey has this race wrapped up.

1 hour ago, kevon67 said:

Cant believe you left the srawberry festival behind lol.....

Could you translate this?

....have a good candidate in mind?

No.  But also, that wasn't your original question.  You asked if the state was ready for an independent candidate.  I don't have to have a good candidate in mind to answer that:  No, Alabama is not primed to align behind a third party or independent candidate.

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Could you translate this?

He's talking about Baldwin County's annual strawberry festival. Keoson mentioned that he'd moved away from the area. 

1 minute ago, kevon67 said:

Thank you AUDub..........yes? 

My mom lives in Elberta. Reasonably familiar with the area. 

Been some years since I've been in that area........remember it as nice friendly area......hope your mom is doing well.

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 8:52 AM, AUDub said:

No. Alabama is still a de facto one party state when it comes to statewide elections.

It's true we've a dem in the Senate right now, but the perfect storm of events had to happen for that to be the case, and he won't be there long.

An independent will have an extremely difficult time finding any sort of traction here.

Independents have a hard time anywhere in an executive type job...don't have any support from the legislature when they want to get something done.  

It's been a good theory for about as long as I have been alive to have a strong independent or third party candidate run for governor or president but about all they usually do is muddy the water......and frequently allow someone else to win with less than a majority of the vote.

Whether .Dem or Gop depending on which state you live in,. when push comes to shove it's hard to beat the entrenched power base. 

On 4/13/2018 at 8:16 AM, PUB78 said:

Ivey has this race wrapped up.

Unfortunately true. Considering the last 2 governors, I think a female that is not surrounded by scandal may be a shew in.

On 4/13/2018 at 7:52 AM, AUDub said:

Unfortunately true. One of the most alarming things I have seen in the last ten years was my own local ballots during the last two election cycles. The Reps average winning something like 16 races on each ballot because there wasnt anyone running against them. Alabama is a defacto one-party state even in the local elections here in Morgan County. Very very sad. >:( Jones wont be there long unless he sees a weak candidate. Alabama went from being a overly Democratic Stronghold to an overly Republican Stronghold.

On 4/13/2018 at 9:02 AM, AUDub said:

My mom lives in Elberta. Reasonably familiar with the area. 

I lived in Hellberta for 40+ years, at least their criminal police chief got unceremoniously removed from his job, albeit not by criminal charges like he deserved, but a horse out west stomped him into retirement.

. If the pin heads that run the state would do some research, they would see there would be a large influx of tax dollars with cannabis legalization.. But alas they are stuck in the lies of prohibition

13 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

I honestly think Nick Saban should run. 

He couldnt be as bad as some of the other candidates...

Just now, DKW 86 said:

He couldnt be as bad as some of the other candidates...

Oh I'm not even considering his chances... just anything to get him out of the SEC and rid the NCAA of their favoritism!!

3 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

I honestly think Nick Saban should run. 

the nicktator aint takin no pay cut, and he can't bully the officials there, like he can now...lol

Thanks for affirming my opinions of the stagnation in Monkeytown,  These same out of touch," leaders" will continue their undying support to maintain the status quo,   I'm sure....

Archived