Sotball vs. Missouri - game 1

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Draper tries to bunt, and pops it up. caught by the 3rd baseman to end the top 4th.    But, Auburn plates 3 runs off the Snow homer and leads 3-0

Auburn executes a double steal  and Veach is out at 3rd.   I think they both thought the bunt was down and didn't actually call for a steal attempt there.

3-1 count on Podany and we are going into a rain delay.    Top 5th, 1 out and a 3-0 lead for Auburn

Could be longer.  The S-N vector appears stronger than the W-E vector.  It does seem to be moving pretty fast, though.  Do we restart in the 5th tomorrow if we can't get it in tonight? 

Vectors?  Huh?  OW, that's way over my head.  According to the rule book, they decide in a pre-game meeting what to do in case the game is halted.  Since it's Friday and they already started the game early due to weather, I would hope they'll resume the game prior to tomorrow's game if needed.  With the early start, I think they'll be able to get it in tonight.

2 hours ago, The Freak said:

She got bumped out when Snow came back from injury,

That was part of it but apparently CMD wanted to keep Dowells glove in the lineup so he shifted Veach from third to first and benched Perry.  However I believe Dowell has lowest BA on the team. KK is a good fielder too and a much better stick but Istill think we need to give Perry another chance. She may have the most power on the roster.

I think Perry will get another chance.  After all, she was leading the team in RBI at one point - not sure how that stands now.  Certainly she would be high on the list of pinch hitters.  Dowell, IMO is the best infielder on the team.  Hope she can get her bat going again a la the KY series.

46 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

I think Perry will get another chance.  After all, she was leading the team in RBI at one point - not sure how that stands now.  Certainly she would be high on the list of pinch hitters.  Dowell, IMO is the best infielder on the team.  Hope she can get her bat going again a la the KY series.

She has made some great plays when she's been on the field, but an argument could be made for McCrackin and Taylon Snow for the best infielder on the team.

3 hours ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Still leading team in RBI's even after missing last 4 or 5 games.  I like her swing but she does need a better command of strike zone along with Rivera.  We need Perry's bat and I hope this time on the bench will settle her down. She hasn't even been used as a PH which is puzzling. Could be more to the story.  Hope not.  Need to sweep.

This series is going to be interesting now.  Yesterday's was suspended because of rain, so we finish up game 1 then play game 2.   Weather forecast shows a low of 33 tonight and a high of 37 and possible snow for sunday.    There's a good chance we only play 2 this weekend and sundays game is cancelled.  We'll have to see.

Just now, WarTiger said:

This series is going to be interesting now.  Yesterday's was suspended because of rain, so we finish up game 1 then play game 2.   Weather forecast shows a low of 33 tonight and a high of 37 and possible snow for sunday.    There's a good chance we only play 2 this weekend and sundays game is cancelled.  We'll have to see.

Lets hope we play all three games. Good chance for a sweep, unless our coach decides to go with his kiddie corps pitchers in game three.

31 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Lets hope we play all three games. Good chance for a sweep, unless our coach decides to go with his kiddie corps pitchers in game three.

Good grief.  Pitching hasn't been responsible for 1 loss all season, but keep beating that drum if it makes you happy.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I wouldn't mind a little wine to close out G1 tbh, keep Kaylee fresh for G3.

Archived