Sotball vs. Missouri - game 1

1 hour ago, WarTiger said:

Good grief.  Pitching hasn't been responsible for 1 loss all season, but keep beating that drum if it makes you happy.

If the pitchers give up more than 2 runs, the game is on them.....what's so hard to understand about that?  :dunno:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, AU64 said:

If the pitchers give up more than 2 runs, the game is on them.....what's so hard to understand about that?  :dunno:

I would think errors would come in to play here.  This just sounds a bit simplistic (but I’m certainly no softball expert)

45 minutes ago, wildling said:

I wouldn't mind a little wine to close out G1 tbh, keep Kaylee fresh for G3.

I had to think about that one a little, but it finally sunk in.  Giving Mizzou a different look with the lefty might not be a bad idea, but she can't go through the order more than once.  The game's in the top of the 5th, so Mizzou has 9 more outs.  Carlson may have to pitch some today.  Like WT said, there may not be a game 3 if the weather forecast is correct.

9 minutes ago, saminbama said:

I had to think about that one a little, but it finally sunk in.  Giving Mizzou a different look with the lefty might not be a bad idea, but she can't go through the order more than once.  The game's in the top of the 5th, so Mizzou has 9 more outs.  Carlson may have to pitch some today.  Like WT said, there may not be a game 3 if the weather forecast is correct.

Yeah, I wouldn't give Chardonnay too long a leash either way, but looking at the forecast there's still a reasonable chance they play G3, I think a cellar visit is still in order. With a 3-0 lead our chance of winning is so high either way that it's kind of a waste to pitch KC again.

15 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

I would think errors would come in to play here.  This just sounds a bit simplistic (but I’m certainly no softball expert)

That was a joke of course.    Would be nice to see our offense break lose for 5 or 6 in some SEC games and give pitchers a little breathing roon.

Here we go.  Finishing game 1.   Setting the table here:   Auburn has a 3-0 lead,  Runner at 3rd base with 1 out.   Morgan Podany is at the plate with a 3-1 count.      Podany is the 9 spot in the order. 

10 minutes ago, AU64 said:

That was a joke of course.    Would be nice to see our offense break lose for 5 or 6 in some SEC games and give pitchers a little breathing roon.

Oh sorry. I missed that. Carry on?

Carlson sets them down in order.   After 5 complete, Auburn leads 3-0.   Shea, Tannon Snow, and Rivera coming up

Draper strikes out looking on a pitch that didn't look like a strike at all.    Auburn extends its lead to 4-0 after the solo homer by Alyssa Rivera.  

3 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Draper's back foot was out of the box if she had swung and made contact on strike 3. 

Pretty sure it was on of the box regardless of whether she swung the bat or not.   :poke:

After 6 complete, Auburn leads 4-1.     Veach, Dowell, and Podany coming up.   Let's get an insurance run or 2 here.

Archived