Dinson has shoulder surgery

WFE12

The Auburn Tigers have had some rotten injury luck this spring, with several key players going down, including WRs Eli Stove and Will Hastings.

The injury woes even continued into the spring game last weekend, where star DB Jeremiah Dinson walked off the field with an apparent shoulder injury.

Now, according to AL.com, Dinson has had surgery to repair the damage, but it is unclear how long he’ll be out:

Auburn defensive back Jeremiah Dinson underwent surgery on his injured right shoulder this week, a source confirmed to AL.com.

The rising redshirt junior had 47 tackles last season and broke up four passes. He also recovered a fumble.

Considering Carlton Davis is off to the NFL, Dinson will need to be a big part of the Auburn secondary this fall. We’ll see if he is able to be at 100 percent by the time summer practices start.

New sign posted in front of athletic building due to recent injuries. 

Shoulder-Work-Sign-X-W21-5-250x250.gif

Worst spring I can ever remember as far as injuries. I know the question has been asked , but does this have anything to do with the S&c program at AU? Or is this just a freak spring ? I believe it’s a freak occurrence myself 

4 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Worst spring I can ever remember as far as injuries. I know the question has been asked , but does this have anything to do with the S&c program at AU? Or is this just a freak spring ? I believe it’s a freak occurrence myself 

A freak spring. One of Eli or Will got tackled out of bounds and got their leg stuck and another I guess just planted wrong. JD just had several players land on his shoulder and I don't know how Newkirk got injured but it's just that...A freak spring.

Was that the same shoulder from 2 years ago?

11 hours ago, toddc said:

Was that the same shoulder from 2 years ago?

Nope

1 hour ago, AUMASTERS said:

Pass it to me when you get through .

The vape? That smoke is from a vape. I mean i guess passing around a vape is alright... just not too common. 

17 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Didn't you know people get all up tight about questioning our S&C program? Seems Russell has more fans than Gus has. Even people that criticise Gus will defend the S&C program at all costs. Meanwhile, our biggest rivals make us look small by comparison. BUT that's JUST BECAUSE of them taking steroids.... it couldn't possibly be that they have a superior S&C program..

As far as Dinson goes... that sucks. We were already razor thin in the defensive backfield. As @bigbird said, it's time for Smoke, but relying on a true freshman is never ideal. I hate this. This Spring was... disappointing to say the least. I just hope that it doesn't make Gus go easy in the future and us come out soft in the regular season. Thank goodness we have an elite S&C program...

The only size difference in us and our rivals are by design.  We play a base 4 man front which you want smaller tackles and ends then a 3 man front that your ends are like smaller tackles.  Our DBs and offensive players are as big and anyone.  Give or take a WR or Running back here or there.  Have to remember Pettway was the starter at the beginning of the season weighing in at 240 lbs and would have been the biggest back in the league.  

Who pushed us around last year?  Seems to me we were the more physical team in all of our games.  No set OL for the Clemson game.  Bad coaching in LSU.  2nd UGA game they matched our physical play but we had turnovers at the wrong time or that game goes like the first one.  UCF was a bowl game that didn’t mean anything and the players acted like it.  I think the coaches did about as much as they could do to motivate but the players had checked out.

Blaming the S&C coach as a cause for injuries in a collision sport makes about as much sense as blaming the car manufacturers when you drive your drunk, texting self off the road.  

ALL of our injuries this Spring were things that just happen when you play this level of football.  We’ve been very fortunate at times and we’ve had bad luck at times.  That’s just the way it goes.  When bama had 490 LB injuries last year nobody blamed their S&C Coach.  

17 hours ago, corchjay said:

The only size difference in us and our rivals are by design.  We play a base 4 man front which you want smaller tackles and ends then a 3 man front that your ends are like smaller tackles.  Our DBs and offensive players are as big and anyone.  Give or take a WR or Running back here or there.  Have to remember Pettway was the starter at the beginning of the season weighing in at 240 lbs and would have been the biggest back in the league.  

Who pushed us around last year?  Seems to me we were the more physical team in all of our games.  No set OL for the Clemson game.  Bad coaching in LSU.  2nd UGA game they matched our physical play but we had turnovers at the wrong time or that game goes like the first one.  UCF was a bowl game that didn’t mean anything and the players acted like it.  I think the coaches did about as much as they could do to motivate but the players had checked out.

Speaking of Pettway, he was in Anniston signing autographs at Martin's yesterday; I spoke with him briefly & wished him luck (didn't realize he was that big).

23 hours ago, AUMASTERS said:

Pass it to me when you get through .

I believe that this is referring to Mr. Monday needing to be ready to go this fall.....

7 hours ago, fredst said:

I believe that this is referring to Mr. Monday needing to be ready to go this fall.....

I know I was just messing with Bird.

Archived