Baseball vs MSU Game 1

• WarTiger changed the title to Baseball vs MSU Game 1
4 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Can't help but enjoy the Friday game with Casey pitching. Couple of more runs and feel pretty safe.

He's truly special.  I've told my parents back in Montgomery to get up there and see him before he's gone this year.

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

He's truly special.  I've told my parents back in Montgomery to get up there and see him before he's gone this year.

Easy to see that he is a competitor but he needs some bat help. If not soon it may be in his personal best interest to claim lame every now then.^-^

5 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Easy to see that he is a competitor but he needs some bat help. If not soon it may be in his personal best interest to claim lame every now then.^-^

Ha.  Well the good thing for him is scouts won't look at his W/L record.

5 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Ha.  Well the good thing for him is scouts won't look at his W/L record.

I think most scouts would love to see a self him self administered a 50 pitch/outing count. He is great.

3 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

I think most scouts would love to see a self him self administered a 50 pitch/outing count. He is great.

There is a pretty serious school of thought that low pitch count limits have a negative effect on durability....especially for guys who only pitch once a week.   Going to 100 or so each game is not likely to be an issue for him.  

An interesting discussion on the subject....https://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/dodgers-no-hitter-scott-stripling-sf-giants-pitch-limit-rookie-100-pitches-reason-why-040916

Just now, SCTiger2011 said:

4 pitch inning. 97 through 8. Auburn up 2-1

Considering what our bullpen has done lately, if I were Mize they would have to physically pull me out of this game  at this point.

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

There is a pretty serious school of thought that low pitch count limits have a negative effect on durability....especially for guys who only pitch once a week.   Going to 100 or so each game is not likely to be an issue for him.  

An interesting discussion on the subject....https://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/dodgers-no-hitter-scott-stripling-sf-giants-pitch-limit-rookie-100-pitches-reason-why-040916

Saying sorta "tongue in cheek" 64. 

Tremendous game by both starters....only one walk tonight....guys know how to throw strikes and no cheap bases to be had by means of base on balls.'

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Tremendous game by both starters....only one walk tonight....guys know how to throw strikes and no cheap bases to be had by means of base on balls.'

The wild pitch in the second by Bilkington that moved the runner from 2nd to 3rd may be the difference in this game.

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Love it,   moves the game when concerned about man at the plate and not throwing to a bag every other pitch.

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

Saying sorta "tongue in cheek" 64. 

understand but some folks accept that 100 pitch thing as if it were the Eleventh Commandment...  Interesting to me is that Washington Nats babied their prize rookie,  Strasburg, a few years ago, pulled him after 100 or fewer pitches, sat him after something like 200 innings and did everything possible to give him light duty and still could not keep him from having arm problems and he ended up with Tommy John surgery.    Not how many pitches...it was his motion.  

3 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Love it,   moves the game when concerned about man at the plate and not throwing to a bag every other pitch.

Game a little over 2 hours old......not many in that time frame these days  even with the pitch clock...

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

understand but some folks accept that 100 pitch thing as if it were the Eleventh Commandment...  Interesting to me is that Washington Nats babied their prize rookie,  Strasburg, a few years ago, pulled him after 100 or fewer pitches, sat him after something like 200 innings and did everything possible to give him light duty and still could not keep him from having arm problems and he ended up with Tommy John surgery.    Not how many pitches...it was his motion.  

Think kids travel ball. I think "pitch count" became popular with that rise. In my day it was called "tired".

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Game a little over 2 hours old......not many in that time frame these days  even with the pitch clock...

don't mind it stretching a bit with bases loaded by us 

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

Think kids travel ball. I think "pitch count" became popular with that rise. In my day it was called "tired".

I'm good with some limits with younger players. When I was playing Pony League, I pitched about every game and nobody counted pitches....some of those games were wild and so who knows how many pitches.   Did not do my arm any good when I was 13 and 14.   But for college guys with the physical training they get,   not the same....there are limits but there is more to it than just numbers and I trust CBT to know what is reasonable. 

Archived