Baseball vs MSU Game 1

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

I'm good with some limits with younger players. When I was playing Pony League, I pitched about every game and nobody counted pitches....some of those games were wild and so who knows how many pitches.   Did not do my arm any good when I was 13 and 14.   But for college guys with the physical training they get,   not the same....there are limits but there is more to it than just numbers and I trust CBT to know what is reasonable. 

The biggest problem is kids are learning how to throw sliders and curves at too young of an age.  Realistically, to protect their arms, they should learn a fastball, changeup, and then maybe a split-finger first.  All three of those require the same arm motion, but just different grips.  Less stress on the arm that way.  Save the breaking balls until at least high school.

Nice efficient ninth by Mize.......one thing for certain.....batters better be swinging because he does not throw many ball...

And a nice complete game 2-1 win....

Watch him now AU fans because this will be his last season on the plains....

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

The biggest problem is kids are learning how to throw sliders and curves at too young of an age.  Realistically, to protect their arms, they should learn a fastball, changeup, and then maybe a split-finger first.  All three of those require the same arm motion, but just different grips.  Less stress on the arm that way.  Save the breaking balls until at least high school.

Small hands kind of limit what you can throw properly at that age....

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I'm good with some limits with younger players. When I was playing Pony League, I pitched about every game and nobody counted pitches....some of those games were wild and so who knows how many pitches.   Did not do my arm any good when I was 13 and 14.   But for college guys with the physical training they get,   not the same....there are limits but there is more to it than just numbers and I trust CBT to know what is reasonable. 

I am in agreement with you on the younger kids with some talent. Just not many that throw hard enough or well to the point of arm damage. 

Still struggling on offense, but I’ll take wins when we can get em. Mize is a legend. Gonna be exciting to see an Auburn name towards the top of the draft board, maybe even AT the top. 

We got two more this weekend. Let’s find our bats and win em all

Recent blurb on ESPN website mentioned Mize as *the* top draft pick. The more I see him pitch the more I think that’s a possibility. Brings it every outing even knowing he isn’t going to get run support. Stud....

33 minutes ago, fredst said:

Recent blurb on ESPN website mentioned Mize as *the* top draft pick. The more I see him pitch the more I think that’s a possibility. Brings it every outing even knowing he isn’t going to get run support. Stud....

Aside from a good variety of pitches he has exceptional control......rarely get's his team in trouble because of an untimely walk...or because he misses his spot by throwing a pitch right down the middle. 

Good win last night. I thought the offense was improved over the last few games, although we only had four hits. We had smart ABs, took advantage of the two leadoff doubles, and only had 4 Ks last night. And like we’ve done several times during this slump, we hit 6-7 balls on the screws that were right at defenders. Eventually, you’d think those will have to start finding some grass. 

Hopefully, those competitive ABs continue for 27 outs today and Davis has a good day on the mound. Need a series win in the worst way. Would love to lock it up today and have a chance to sweep tomorrow, although tomorrow’s game might be in question due to weather moving in. 

Archived