Softball vs. Missouri game 2

Would love to see Dowell get some hits. There is one. 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dowell singles between the 2nd baseman and 2nd base and into right center.     Morgan Podany up

Podany slow roller on the right side, 1st baseman fields, Podany dives head first for 1st but is tagged on the back and is out at 1st to end the top 2nd.    Tigers get one back off the solo home run by Kendall Veach.

Martin issues a walk to lead off the 2nd and Dean is making a pitching change.   Chardonnay Harris coming in to pitch. 

He has a much shorter leash on Martin than anyone. 

Just now, AUBwins said:

He has a much shorter leash on Martin than anyone. 

Yes he does.  He should have pulled Carlson in the 7th in Game 1.  If that was Martin giving up those hits, he would have pulled her. 

It was pretty obvious that for whatever reason Martin was not on her game today.   Good move to get her out IMO.

2 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Yes he does.  He should have pulled Carlson in the 7th in Game 1.  If that was Martin giving up those hits, he would have pulled her. 

I agree.

Wow....AU pitchers having a rough day for both sports.......they have been the highlight of the team but Martin gone quickly.  Harris a lefty gives them a different look ....game is on her now.....

Top of the order coming up for Auburn.   Taylon Snow, McCrackin and Shea.    Let's get some runs here.

Snow flies to right.  2 outs.and now the umpires say one of the runners left the base too early and that's the 3rd out to end the inning.     Didn't look to me like Snow left early at all.  Looked like she timed the catch perfectly to take 3rd.     Auburn misses a big opportunity to tied it up and even take the lead there.

1 minute ago, around4ever said:

Bad call.  Snow left as the ball was being caught.  No way you call he leaving early on that play.  

Apparently there is a way because it was called.  The question I have is the umpire is clearly watching the runner at 2nd.  how does he know when the catch was made if he's watching the runner?    She leaned forward a good bit but I don't think she actually left the bag early either.

18 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Disagree....she's the ace.....agree they had hit her but she's still the best we have >>>JMO

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Disagree....she's the ace.....agree they had hit her but she's still the best we have >>>JMO

No doubt but when the other team is hitting the ball hard like that you should give them a different look. 

Draper makes  a great catch against the wall to end the inning.   Auburn trails 2-1 after 3.

2 minutes ago, around4ever said:

No doubt but when the other team is hitting the ball hard like that you should give them a different look. 

Well...can't disagree but I think the last time he did that with Harris, she gave up the game winner.....sometimes a manager just can't make the right call no matter what he does....:-\

Archived