Texas A&M Spring game

GwillMac6

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Not only is jimbo a top 5 coach in the country BUT he has 2 top 10 recruiters in the whole country in tim brewster and our boy D craig to boot. Those 3 elite recruiters in a talent rich state? Yah tamu is going to be a force soon.

They are pretty much the only school who can outbid bama, consistently, on the recruiting trail

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

They are pretty much the only school who can outbid bama, consistently, on the recruiting trail

welllllllllllllllllll Georgia outbid EVERYONE on the recruiting trail last season. Look I am not usually the guy to play the THEY ARE A BUNCH OF CHEATERS CARD. Because LOL I mean we play the game as well. Maybe not as much anymore with gus as we did under chiz but we still do. Everyone does in big time football.  buuuuuuuuuuuuuut come the heck on!!!!! Georgia was getting guys from all over way out of their normal recruiting areas. They were so in your face blatantly breaking the rules. Not suprised with who their head coach is. He was always the one who pushed the envelop way more than even saban at bama..........

48 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

welllllllllllllllllll Georgia outbid EVERYONE on the recruiting trail last season. Look I am not usually the guy to play the THEY ARE A BUNCH OF CHEATERS CARD. Because LOL I mean we play the game as well. Maybe not as much anymore with gus as we did under chiz but we still do. Everyone does in big time football.  buuuuuuuuuuuuuut come the heck on!!!!! Georgia was getting guys from all over way out of their normal recruiting areas. They were so in your face blatantly breaking the rules. Not suprised with who their head coach is. He was always the one who pushed the envelop way more than even saban at bama..........

Yup... they did. BUT they don't have the seemingly unlimited resources of the REC and A&M. My only hope with A&M is that their honor code doesn't allow them to become another bama.

An Aggie does not lie, cheat, or steal or tolerate those who do.

3 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Yup... they did. BUT they don't have the seemingly unlimited resources of the REC and A&M. My only hope with A&M is that their honor code doesn't allow them to become another bama.

What they do have is imo the third or fourth most talented state for high school athletes in the country with no other in state schools to oppose them. At least in florida, cali and texas there are multiple powers that prevent 1 school from creating a monopoly. In georgia I can see what happened last year becoming more than a 1 year thing in recruiting. No one will become another bama thankfully because there is only 1 saban. THANK GOODNESS!!!! lol But Kirby is way way shadier than saban. That is worrisome. Jimbo is shady as well but tamu is not the state school in tejas. To many longhorn eyes out there to get away with the stuff kirby gets away with in georgia.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

What they do have is imo the third or fourth most talented state for high school athletes in the country with no other in state schools to oppose them. At least in florida, cali and texas there are multiple powers that prevent 1 school from creating a monopoly. In georgia I can see what happened last year becoming more than a 1 year thing in recruiting. No one will become another bama thankfully because there is only 1 saban. THANK GOODNESS!!!! lol But Kirby is way way shadier than saban. That is worrisome. Jimbo is shady as well but tamu is not the state school in tejas. To many longhorn eyes out there to get away with the stuff kirby gets away with in georgia.

Based on what we've seen after Kirby left, I'm beginning to think that Saban isn't Saban without him.

2 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Based on what we've seen after Kirby left, I'm beginning to think that Saban isn't Saban without him.

yah I will say it looks like we did not give enough credit to kirby for his recruiting ability and just attributed it all to saban for sure.

34 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

yah I will say it looks like we did not give enough credit to kirby for his recruiting ability and just attributed it all to saban for sure.

What I told you about Kirby? You’re mancrush on Jimbo is rivaling mine and Kirby right about now haha

15 minutes ago, DAG said:

What I told you about Kirby? You’re mancrush on Jimbo is rivaling mine and Kirby right about now haha

What did you say about kirby? serious question. We all thought he could recruit. We just did not know that it would be at this level and it would translate so quickly. I hate kirby more than any coach we have ever faced. He has such a easy hateable punchable face and I mean come on a BOWL CUT lol. How can you like a RIVAL OF OURS?!?!?  BOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will not stand for this lol. At least Jimbo is not one of our 2 biggest arch rivals. But I have always been a  jimbo guy. I wanted us to hire him badly in 2008.

What did you say about kirby? serious question. We all thought he could recruit. We just did not know that it would be at this level and it would translate so quickly. I hate kirby more than any coach we have ever faced. He has such a easy hateable punchable face and I mean come on a BOWL CUT lol. How can you like a RIVAL OF OURS?!?!?  BOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will not stand for this lol. At least Jimbo is not one of our 2 biggest arch rivals. But I have always been a  jimbo guy. I wanted us to hire him badly in 2008.

I told you at the beginning of last season he will be the real deal and most of that was based on how he carries himself among his team haha. A lot of people were giving me crap about it, yet here we are. I don’t lie the puppies of course , but I was a huge supporter of having Kirby Smart here when the opportunity was for the taken . That is neither here nor there though.

Just now, DAG said:

I told you at the beginning of last season he will be the real deal and most of that was based on how he carries himself among his team haha. A lot of people were giving me crap about it, yet here we are. I don’t lie the puppies of course , but I was a huge supporter of having Kirby Smart here when the opportunity was for the taken . That is neither here nor there though.

OOO ok now I remember. That line how he carries himself among his team? yahhhhhhhhhh. Well unfortunately GOOD CALL! haha.  We good and back on the same page now. He made me tap out of muhh love of recruiting so far this cycle with how he eviscerated us on every top level elite recruit last cycle. IT IS PERSONAL! lol.

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

OOO ok now I remember. That line how he carries himself among his team? yahhhhhhhhhh. Well unfortunately GOOD CALL! haha.  We good and back on the same page now. He made me tap out of muhh love of recruiting so far this cycle with how he eviscerated us on every top level elite recruit last cycle. IT IS PERSONAL! lol.

You act like Jimbo is not about to go crazy with recruiting too lol. Jimbo got some serious resources now at his disposal. 

Chad Morris will struggle this year, but once he gets his recruits in there he will be very good.  It won't take long either, Chad has all sorts of ties and networking in Texas and is already making some noise.

Just now, bigbird said:

Chad Morris will struggle this year, but once he gets his recruits in there he will be very good.  It won't take long either, Chad has all sorts of tires and networking in Texas and is already making some noise.

What do you consider very good ? I think he bolts if he gets them in consistent 8 win seasons. Maybe that offense can make up with the lack of talent at Arkansas. Those Texas ties are definitely going to have to help get some recruits down at Fayetteville. I know he is a big commodity down in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

I find Jimbo underwhelming. He was at FSU when his two main rivals, Miami and Florida, were at all-time lows. His recruiting rivals were as down as down can get. He should have won a natty, probably more than the one he got.

16 minutes ago, DAG said:

What do you consider very good ? I think he bolts if he gets them in consistent 8 win seasons. Maybe that offense can make up with the lack of talent at Arkansas. Those Texas ties are definitely going to have to help get some recruits down at Fayetteville. I know he is a big commodity down in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

His offense is similar to Gus', but he isn't stubborn and is very creative. I also think Chavis will pay off. He hated coaching with Sumlin.  I could easily see him avg 8, but could also see him make runs every few years. I think his Texas ties will immediately pay off with an upgrade in talent.  IMO, SEC West coaching was upgraded everywhere but LSU and OM.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

You act like Jimbo is not about to go crazy with recruiting too lol. Jimbo got some serious resources now at his disposal. 

O he def is about to. Thank goodness our paths will not cross. Tom Herman going to be hurting the most in recruiting when it comes to jimbo going to TAMU. Him, Brewster and D craig about to make some major waves on the trail in tejas.

37 minutes ago, bigbird said:

His offense is similar to Gus', but he isn't stubborn and is very creative. I also think Chavis will pay off. He hated coaching with Sumlin.  I could easily see him avg 8, but could also see him make runs every few years. I think his Texas ties will immediately pay off with an upgrade in talent.  IMO, SEC West coaching was upgraded everywhere but LSU and OM.

Chavis great coach. Zero recruiter. At a place like LSU or rocky top you can get away with it. But arky? That place needs as many electric recruiters you can get on staff. Chief does not even try and has not for years it seems like.

O he def is about to. Thank goodness our paths will not cross. Tom Herman going to be hurting the most in recruiting when it comes to jimbo going to TAMU. Him, Brewster and D craig about to make some major waves on the trail in tejas.

Don't look past the draw that Herman has.  He has a pretty good staff too

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Don't forget Emmert's (lack of enforcement) efforts also. :cool:

Just now, bigbird said:

Don't look past the draw that Herman has.  He has a pretty good staff too

O heck yah. Of course. Let me clarify When I say hurting I do not mean they will not still recruit great but I do not see them being top 3 like they were I believe on the espn class rankings this past year. They will still be top 10. But so will Jimbo. And if not they will be close and def be top 10 in recruiting next year. 

Chavis great coach. Zero recruiter. At a place like LSU or rocky top you can get away with it. But arky? That place needs as many electric recruiters you can get on staff. Chief does not even try and has not for years it seems like.

Chavis is much like our Grimes. His recruitment process is in the realm of "look where I can get you", not so much the "let's be friends"

Just now, bigbird said:

Chavis is much like our Grimes. His recruitment process is in the realm of "look where I can get you", not so much the "let's be friends"

I view grimes as a better recruiter than Chavis because at least he trys more it seems and goes out on the road a lot more. But that makes a lot of sense. I can totally see that. That is a great comp.

13 hours ago, bigbird said:

Chad Morris will struggle this year, but once he gets his recruits in there he will be very good.  It won't take long either, Chad has all sorts of ties and networking in Texas and is already making some noise.

:(

14 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

I dunno, man. Sumlin seemed like the skeeziest coach in the SEC. I can't imagine Manziel was behaving himself that much more than Winston was. That crazy stadium they built... I'm just not buying that TAMU isn't prepared to be in the real business of college football. As for Texas keeping an eye on them, @GwillMac6, I don't see that, either. TAMU might have to be careful with the kids that UT is heavy in on, but otherwise they don't play each other anymore. 

12 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I dunno, man. Sumlin seemed like the skeeziest coach in the SEC. I can't imagine Manziel was behaving himself that much more than Winston was. That crazy stadium they built... I'm just not buying that TAMU isn't prepared to be in the real business of college football. As for Texas keeping an eye on them, @GwillMac6, I don't see that, either. TAMU might have to be careful with the kids that UT is heavy in on, but otherwise they don't play each other anymore. 

I furiously typed about this a few months ago when Jimbo was hired.

Basically I called CJF, Sumlin 2.0.

I think one of Fisher's appeals to his team is a lack of oversight (see FSU's issues even beyond JW) and discipline.  Young men may like that but many (and often the best) players can't handle that kind of freedom at that stage in their lives.

Outside of an initial burst of excitement (ala AU '93 & '13) I see them basically on the same trajectory they were on with Sumlin.

If aTm is really as "upstanding" as they seem/claim to be they need to make up their minds.  Either hire an upstanding coach of discipline and hope that works or they need to go all in and lie, cheat & steal with the bammers, tOSU's, USCw's of the world.  

I just don't feel Fisher fits in either of those categories (nor did Sumlin).  Not bad guys (bloodthirsty cheaters) but not the models of ethical example either.

Archived