Texas A&M Spring game

GwillMac6

14 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Man. I just did a little homework myself. My goodness, the job he has done there. 

He is a great X's and O's coach and his players love him

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, bigbird said:

He is a great X's and O's coach and his players love him

For real.

I knew he was a legend and had won at unprecedented levels there, but every time you actually look at it... I mean... 11 years, '93-'03, only 1 season under 9 wins, 7 seasons in double digits. Extremely impressive at *any* school. At K-State?!?!

We were lucky to get out of there alive in '14. 

24 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

For real.

I knew he was a legend and had won at unprecedented levels there, but every time you actually look at it... I mean... 11 years, '93-'03, only 1 season under 9 wins, 7 seasons in double digits. Extremely impressive at *any* school. At K-State?!?!

We were lucky to get out of there alive in '14. 

The original king of finding JUCOs

2 minutes ago, keesler said:

From what you can tell?  May I ask where you get the impression that CU operates with integrity, within the rules and why you think their coach doesn't place winning above all else?

Clemson's operation and Dabo/Venebles have been called to the carpet on multiple occasions (privately) by others (not SEC) for the way Dabo has chosen to operate on the recruiting trail.  They recruit from the same pool as the rest of the big boy's and they have no choice but the play the game in order to pull in their studs.  And more than one program (B10&SEC) have had to suspend players for accepting $$ from CU during recruiting but ever signed with CU.

One (now former) SEC HC was in a pissing contest with CU through 2 recruiting cycles - they ended up going head to head on some high 4-5*'s with both coaches getting a share, but it was a vicious tug of war between those two programs.   Dabo got the lions share and won a NC for the first time in decades with their spoils while the SEC HC no longer has a freaking job.  

Clemson plays the game as well as anyone and now that they consider themselves perennial championship contenders, they place winning above ALL else.

I've never read or heard anything about Clemson buying a player, so that information is news to me. Though I have to say, why would Clemson pay a player to not come there?  Usually the check doesn't hit the mail until the signature is on the dotted line. What that tells me is that Clemson has some stupid boosters or someone is stretching the truth.

I've also never read or heard anything about any of their players running wild or any of their players having improprieties white washed so they could keep playing. His recruiting rankings have never seemed out of place, and lets face it, if he wasn't in the ACC he probably wouldn't be a perennial contender.

As for pissing contests with other coaches, I'm not saying Dabo is a sweetheart... hell, he's a bama guy... but it's always seemed like he played by the rules (as much as every other team) and never truly flaunted them like some other very successful programs.

56 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Man. I just did a little homework myself. My goodness, the job he has done there. 

And he's done it with class the whole way... there are very few from his mold.

17 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

I've never read or heard anything about Clemson buying a player, so that information is news to me. Though I have to say, why would Clemson pay a player to not come there?  Usually the check doesn't hit the mail until the signature is on the dotted line. What that tells me is that Clemson has some stupid boosters or someone is stretching the truth.

I've also never read or heard anything about any of their players running wild or any of their players having improprieties white washed so they could keep playing. His recruiting rankings have never seemed out of place, and lets face it, if he wasn't in the ACC he probably wouldn't be a perennial contender.

As for pissing contests with other coaches, I'm not saying Dabo is a sweetheart... hell, he's a bama guy... but it's always seemed like he played by the rules (as much as every other team) and never truly flaunted them like some other very successful programs.

You reside in Kansas and your personal knowledge goes as far as what you read on the internet or what you "hear" about.  The bold statement above highlights the depth of your knowledge relative to the current recruiting circuit.

This is the end of my discussion on this topic, I now regret responding in the first place.  WDE and have a wonderful day!

20 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Johnny Manziel never missed a start.

Seems the school/AD doesn't much care what the police have to say about anything. 

Do you know of examples where the College Station police may have protected an Aggie player? Similar to what allegedly went on in Tallahassee?

1 minute ago, SumterAubie said:

Was Manziel ever suspected of breaking the law? Do you know of examples where the College Station police may have protected an Aggie player? Similar to what allegedly went on in Tallahassee?

I don't think you clicked the link or read/processed what I posted.

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I don't think you clicked the link or read/processed what I posted.

I didn't as your response seemed to at odds with my post. Your post seems to convey A&M  does what it wants regardless of any police intervention. Whereas my post inferred the Tallahassee protected FSU players who may have stepped across the line.

Just now, SumterAubie said:

I didn't as your response seemed to at odds with my post. Your post seems to convey A&M  does what it wants regardless of any police intervention. Whereas my post inferred the Tallahassee protected FSU players who may have stepped across the line.

Correct.

My point is that it doesn't matter whether or not TAMU cops protect TAMU players as long as the AD still lets them play. Ultimately, Jameis Winston and Johnny Manziel both got to play. Jimbo will be right at home in College Station. 

45 minutes ago, keesler said:

You reside in Kansas and your personal knowledge goes as far as what you read on the internet or what you "hear" about.  The bold statement above highlights the depth of your knowledge relative to the current recruiting circuit.

This is the end of my discussion on this topic, I now regret responding in the first place.  WDE and have a wonderful day!

Seriously, you need to get over the fact that i'm in Kansas. There's this thing called the Internet. There are also things called friends. Oh yea... and airplanes, those exist too. I could live in freaking Timbuktu and have as much knowledge about the college football landscape as 90% of the people on this board.

If you're so certain that Clemson is a crooked program, lay out the proof, not some vague comments with no names, dates, etc.

On 4/16/2018 at 7:37 AM, SumterAubie said:

And in just the SEC West division Fisher will be facing a tougher schedule than what he faced in the ACC. Not to mention South Carolina and Kentucky from the East. Oh. and I almost overlooked that September 8th date against Clemson.

The west is down as well. 

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

Agreed. Jimbo's got to like his chances against every other team in the division not residing in the state of Alabama in year 1, and after a couple years of building, that list could grow. 

On 4/16/2018 at 9:37 AM, SumterAubie said:

And in just the SEC West division Fisher will be facing a tougher schedule than what he faced in the ACC. Not to mention South Carolina and Kentucky from the East. Oh. and I almost overlooked that September 8th date against Clemson.

14 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

The West is down but is it still not more competitive (and the SEC as a whole) than the ACC was when Fisher was making his mark with FSU?

50 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

The West is down but is it still not more competitive (and the SEC as a whole) than the ACC was when Fisher was making his mark with FSU?

Also true.

Archived