Baseball vs. Mississippi State - Game 3

• WarTiger changed the title to Baseball vs. Mississippi State - Game 3

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anything happening with the game? Is it a rain out or delay?

Thanks!

Greenhill enters for Tanner. Some hard luck for Tanner as the homer was definitely wind-aided and just kept flying.

Of course it’s also hard luck that his offense can’t support him against a Sunday starter with a 4+ ERA but that angle has been beaten to death

Slim crowd today.....weather does not look great but too many empty seats...

being down 3-0 might as well be 30-0 with the way our offense has been playing. I hate to be so negative, but enough is enough with our weak bats.  Come on team, do a gut check and bring this game back to our favor.

Our best chances to win any additional SEC games looks like it will have to happen with Mize on the mound.  Even pitching a solid 1 -2 run game is no guarantee Mize will bring us a win.

This is beyond frustrating. These guys want to pull everything and dont work the counts to try and draw walks. So many innings where we don't even threaten. I don't know if Gabe Gross can't connect with the players or if the Juco guys are not as good as we thought they were last year, but this is aggravating

Two and half games and only 4 runs against MSU  

Who still feels that AU will make the SEC or NCAA tournament. If no comeback today there is BAMA, UF, VANDY, Ole Miss and LSU left. Sadly I don’t see too many wins left on the schedule unless the bats wake up. 

Was Gabe our batting coach last season? I know we have had some good games hitting wise, but since we ran into SEC pitching our bats have turned ice cold. Either we just do not have the talent to compete in the SEC this year, or our kids are just not being coached up like they should to hit the ball in play and score runs.

I almost wished it would have rained out the game today so that we at least would have an even series. I am going to watch the golf tournament and see some real hitting!

1 minute ago, doc4aday said:

Was Gabe our batting coach last season? I know we have had some good games hitting wise, but since we ran into SEC pitching our bats have turned ice cold. Either we just do not have the talent to compete in the SEC this year, or our kids are just not being coached up like they should to hit the ball in play and score runs.

The talent isn’t there. Three of the current nine are true freshmen, two are JuCo transfers who haven’t hit in the SEC before, and one of the best contact hitters in recent memory in Jonah Todd entered the draft last year. If you’re looking for things to change this year, I’d suggest maybe tuning out to next February. As someone mentioned last night, the hitting isn’t going to change much at this point

1 minute ago, SCTiger2011 said:

The talent isn’t there. Three of the current nine are true freshmen, two are JuCo transfers who haven’t hit in the SEC before, and one of the best contact hitters in recent memory in Jonah Todd entered the draft last year. If you’re looking for things to change this year, I’d suggest maybe tuning out to next February. As someone mentioned last night, the hitting isn’t going to change much at this point

Don;t agree with this...teams all over the conference are playing with freshmen and JuCos and if I recall, this was supposed to be a very good recruiting class.....this team has seemed to go in reverse as the season has gone along...just lost their spirit somewhere.

Archived