Baseball vs. Mississippi State - Game 3

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ballgame. Auburn takes the series, improves to 25-12, 6-9 SEC.  4.1 innings and 2ER for Greenhill. WDE! 

Nice....very nice! I hope this will carry over into next weekend, and these young men can keep the momentum going. Cannot ask more from these young men than they did today with this comeback win. This could be a turning point for the season I hope. Credit is due to these young men no doubt and the coaching staff.

Having Mitchell and Greenhill back has been a really good thing. 

Worried now about Josh Anthony and Luke Jarvis. Josh was slow to get up after he went for a hard hit ball back in the 4th IIRC.....kinda stayed on his knees a minute. I wonder if he tweaked something. Is Jarvis is having those back issues again? I didn't hear what the problem was.

Son of a gun....just got back from a funeral and dinner to flipped on the SEC channel to see the foot strip with final of the AU baseball game....what the heck.....when I left in about the 5th the AU hitters were about dead and buried and the team looking lifeless.   Guess that winning rally just shows that for better or worse an AU game is not over until it is truly over.   Great comeback....so now I need to read the PBY and see how AU managed to score about a weekend worth of runs in one inning. 

Huge win.  Was listening to the 6th inning while grocery shopping and let out an audible yell when the homer happened.  Really need to take two next weekend before stretch run.

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Son of a gun....just got back from a funeral and dinner to flipped on the SEC channel to see the foot strip with final of the AU baseball game....what the heck.....when I left in about the 5th the AU hitters were about dead and buried and the team looking lifeless.   Guess that winning rally just shows that for better or worse an AU game is not over until it is truly over.   Great comeback....so now I need to read the PBY and see how AU managed to score about a weekend worth of runs in one inning. 

I just realized by reading your post. Out and busy this afternoon. My son in Auburn called and advised that I not worry with the game

Did not bother calling back......lost some of his inheritance ^-^

Glad the bats woke up, looked completely hopeless early on. Quick question. When Anthony came out due to injury in the ninth, we moved Ward to center, Estes to second, and Jarvis to third to replace Josh. We then inserted Connor Davis to left field. I'm not questioning Butch but any idea why we'd throw Davis in left field over Johnson or Mcguffin when we are up by 3 runs in the ninth inning? If this happened earlier in the game I can understand wanting to have Davis in for his bat, but when all we need is three quick outs to end the game I don't understand that move because Imo Johnson and Mcguffin are better defensive players than Davis.

2 hours ago, au302 said:

Glad the bats woke up, looked completely hopeless early on. Quick question. When Anthony came out due to injury in the ninth, we moved Ward to center, Estes to second, and Jarvis to third to replace Josh. We then inserted Connor Davis to left field. I'm not questioning Butch but any idea why we'd throw Davis in left field over Johnson or Mcguffin when we are up by 3 runs in the ninth inning? If this happened earlier in the game I can understand wanting to have Davis in for his bat, but when all we need is three quick outs to end the game I don't understand that move because Imo Johnson and Mcguffin are better defensive players than Davis.

I have seen CBT make a few odd decisions this year. A couple should-have been pinch hit scenarios or pitching changes that should or shouldn’t have been made. I think he’s a really good coach and I’m glad we have him, but he’s certainly not perfect. He’s had some head scratchers. Maybe he does certain things to “get guys going.” I’m not sure. 

Whatever it is he’s won two-thirds of his games and is a game and a half out of .500 in the hardest league in America to play in. 

I’ve bashed the team for a few weeks for  their execution but I certainly don’t think they’re a bad team. I’ve been so upset because I know they are glowing with all sorts of potential to make a deep run this year, especially with the three starters that were supposed to all be pretty darn good this year. I’m just wanting it all to come together, and it finally did for an inning with the bats today. This has got to propel us forward. 

15 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

Having Mitchell and Greenhill back has been a really good thing. 

Worried now about Josh Anthony and Luke Jarvis. Josh was slow to get up after he went for a hard hit ball back in the 4th IIRC.....kinda stayed on his knees a minute. I wonder if he tweaked something. Is Jarvis is having those back issues again? I didn't hear what the problem was.

Anthony left the game after getting sick and throwing up. I’m guessing he didn’t feel great all game, and it caught up with him late in the game. Butch also said Friday after the game that Jarvis’s back has been bothering him. 

Poor Josh. Hope he's recovered 100% by the weekend. Auburn needs him at 3rd. I really feel for Jarvis with the recurrent back issues. I have chronic back spasms and pain, and it can be very tough to keep going on some days. Jarvis seems to be fighting through it and I know how difficult it is....especially when it's cold.

Archived