Gene Chizik on his signature eclectic style and the evolution of the 'shacket'

augolf1716

I know this is not Auburn football but since its so slow at the moment I thought this may give members something to talk about. Who knew Gene made a fashion statement. He does laugh at himself.

2 hours ago, kevon67 said:

I hated the shacket.......reminded me of something from the Members Only collection lol.

Lol, my father is 94 and his favorite jacket is a white Members Only jacket. I can't get him to get rid of it. I even bought him a new jacket several years ago. He now alternates wearing the one I bought him and his jacket. He just won't give it up. I guess at 94 he's earned the right to wear what he wants. As for Gene he might want to give his wife some say in his wardrobe. 

10 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Lol, my father is 94 and his favorite jacket is a white Members Only jacket. I can't get him to get rid of it. I even bought him a new jacket several years ago. He now alternates wearing the one I bought him and his jacket. He just won't give it up. I guess at 94 he's earned the right to wear what he wants. As for Gene he might want to give his wife some say in his wardrobe. 

Dad would have been 96 R.I.P. in less than a month.........Lol his obsession was those damned penguin shirts?.......God Bless your dad.....he has more than earned the right ? 

20 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Dad would have been 96 R.I.P. in less than a month.........Lol his obsession was those damned penguin shirts?.......God Bless your dad.....he has more than earned the right ? 

My Dad was 4th Marines during WW2 ( Marshalls, Iwo...), no one bothered even trying to tell him what to wear, period. My Mom would buy him things as a "suggestion", but that was the extent of it. But Gene, dude, c'mon man!

21 hours ago, gr82be said:

As for Gene he might want to give his wife some say in his wardrobe. 

What if she's the one stocking his wardrobe?

15 minutes ago, stoic-one said:

My Dad was 4th Marines during WW2 ( Marshalls, Iwo...), no one bothered even trying to tell him what to wear, period. My Mom would buy him things as a "suggestion", but that was the extent of it. But Gene, dude, c'mon man!

Dad was 356th Tank Destroyer Batallion U.S. Army Battle of the Bulge...........sure do miss him.

2 hours ago, keesler said:

What if she's the one stocking his wardrobe?

I guess he could be covering for her when he said she isn't allowed to buy his clothes but I believe him. Those print shirts would just have to hang in the closet if my wife bought them for me. :(

Chizik the man is my favorite AU head coach closely edging out Tubs. They both are just really really likeable dudes. You can see yourself hanging out with them and just having a blast for hours. Gus on the other hand............... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz lol.

3 hours ago, gr82be said:

I guess he could be covering for her when he said she isn't allowed to buy his clothes but I believe him. Those print shirts would just have to hang in the closet if my wife bought them for me. :(

You must not have been married long....one thing is old guys learn is that if your wife buys you something you have to wear it.......at least one time.?

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

You must not have been married long....one thing is old guys learn is that if your wife buys you something you have to wear it.......at least one time.?

Fortunately for me she has good taste ( although she did choose me):) 

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Chizik the man is my favorite AU head coach closely edging out Tubs. They both are just really really likeable dudes. You can see yourself hanging out with them and just having a blast for hours. Gus on the other hand............... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz lol.

I have to admit Coach Chizik was handsome enough to pull off the shacket lol.........Good shape and nice jawline? 

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Unless Gus let's you borrow the car. 

18 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Unless Gus let's you borrow the car. 

hahaha hey now!!!! we cooking with some maaaaaaaj gasoline now! great idea.

21 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

I have to admit Coach Chizik was handsome enough to pull off the shacket lol.........Good shape and nice jawline? 

The jawline is legendary!!! WILL NEVER BE TOPPED! haha. 

so this is the main Auburn headline on updyke.com?

Something our coach wore over the decades.

updyke .com has to make up negative or mocking stories against AU during the off season.

Next week, Pat Dye's indigestion impacted game Auburn lost. (I made that up)

Meanwhile, many headlines on glorious uat  bs.

Next week, 5 million watch uat aday game

I have to be honest Coach Chizik still looks as if he could bench press 315 with the team..........and please its a man crush.......no more no less? 

6 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

The only thing I care about Gene Chizik is that he was good DC at AU and a crap HC (other than having a young Gus Malzahn, Cam Newton, Nick Fairley  on the roster and Tracy Rocker on the coaching staff).  

wde

Come on AUIHI why post something like that in this thread? There is absolutely no reason to..................GC was poking fun at himself. 

• 4 weeks later...

For any interested, a rather extensive historical perspective is provided at:

Fashionistas - The Look of the Auburn Football Coach

https://www.collegeandmagnolia.com/2018/5/14/17347876/fashionistas-the-look-of-the-auburn-football-coach

• 4 weeks later...

My dime (accounting for inflation).

The hair is a primary problem. Those wild shirts are fine for some settings — I have some. But you can’t do 1980s hair with them. It’s a mixed message.

And he definitely overdoes the suits.

32 minutes ago, DyeCampAlum said:

My dime (accounting for inflation).

The hair is a primary problem. Those wild shirts are fine for some settings — I have some. But you can’t do 1980s hair with them. It’s a mixed message.

And he definitely overdoes the suits.

It's probably been said, but he honestly looks like some Jersey joey from the Sopranos. 

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It's probably been said, but he honestly looks like some Jersey joey from the Sopranos. 

What da ya hear? What da ya say?

Archived