2019 3* CB Cordale Flott Flips to LSU

ellitor

In the eyes of a ranger, the unsuspecting stranger had better know the truth of wrong from right...

Cuz the EYES OF THE RANGER ARE UPONNNN YEWWWWW,

Any wrong ya do he's gonna seeeeeeee.

When you're in Saraland look behind yewwwwwww,

Cuz that's where the ranger's gonna be.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I prefer the shuffle. It allows the DB to read the tree better, play the receiver closer, and break quicker.

Some good stuff here

http://smartfootball.com/defense/why-nick-saban-doesnt-teach-backpedaling#sthash.SuEzdqXI.dpbs

Many thanks. Makes good sense to me. 

8 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

In the eyes of a ranger, the unsuspecting stranger had better know the truth of wrong from right...

Cuz the EYES OF THE RANGER ARE UPONNNN YEWWWWW,

Any wrong ya do he's gonna seeeeeeee.

When you're in Saraland look behind yewwwwwww,

Cuz that's where the ranger's gonna be.

still love to see old Chuck kick the bad guys up and down! Ranger Trevett isnt bad either!

Looks like another diamond in the rough, but had offers from just about everyone.  Did anyone see this coming?

57 minutes ago, autan said:

Looks like another diamond in the rough, but had offers from just about everyone.  Did anyone see this coming?

Nope. Named Florida his leader yesterday.

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

Nope. Named Florida his leader yesterday.

That's very odd. I'll leave it there.......

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Seems like he played us pretty well?  Maybe didn't have a committable offer until that point?  It seems like in the past we've had some recruits come in for a visit, get blown away, and then days later commit to our rival.

4 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Seems like he played us pretty well?  Maybe didn't have a committable offer until that point?  It seems like in the past we've had some recruits come in for a visit, get blown away, and then days later commit to our rival.

Well, he already had an offer list a mile long, including from just about the entire SECW, so I'd be surprised if that was it. 

14 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Well, he already had an offer list a mile long, including from just about the entire SECW, so I'd be surprised if that was it. 

In that case it must have been the bag man!

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Yup! What I think may have happened is I think AU wanted at least 1 of the Mobile area boys in Flott & Christian Williams. When Williams committed to Bama the day before I think AU turned things up on Flott. Here's a blurb from Wolk a couple weeks ago on Williams & Flott...

Flott is one of the most noteworthy of the bunch given the mutual interest between the Saraland (Ala.) prospect and Auburn. His top group went as follows, in no particular order: Alabama, Auburn, Texas A&M, Tennessee, Oregon, Ole Miss, Louisville, Mississippi State, Arkansas and Southern Miss.

He has taken two visits to Auburn this spring. On Saturday, he’ll make a return visit to Tuscaloosa to see Alabama. The two in-state programs will be the runaway favorites to land the 6-foot-2 cornerback.

On a scale of 1-10, Flott told SEC Country his interest in both of those programs was a 9. He’s not ruling out other schools receiving a similar mark, but that’s where he’s at with Auburn and Alabama.

I’ve spoken with a few of my sources about the status of Auburn’s cornerback recruiting, and here’s what I’ve gathered.

In the 2018 class, Auburn honed in on in-state cornerbacks. The Tigers nabbed Christian Tutt from Thomson, Ga., but down the stretch their focus was on Alabama products such as Roger McCreary and Cam Taylor. Auburn is opening up its territory a little more in the 2019 class with offers out to guys such as Devin Bush, Marcus Banks, Kaiir Elam, Raydarious Jones and several others.

But there’s still a desire to land at least one of the two big in-state cornerbacks. That would be Flott or Daphne cornerback Christian Williams.

Flott and Williams have both visited this spring, but Flott has made two trips to the Plains. With Williams growing up an Alabama fan, the Tigers might see Flott as the more realistic option of the two.

47 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Or he played UF

Cordale Flott reveals which coaches secured his pledge

Cordale Flott knew it was time.

He’d just wrapped up his Florida visit, after which a few reporters wrote that the Gators were his leader. But after every visit Flott took, he kept going back to the same school, the same position coach.

“Every other visit I took, I would leave thinking about my bond with [Auburn cornerbacks] coach [Marcus] Woodson and how Auburn felt like home. That’s why I knew I wanted to choose Auburn,” Flott told SEC Country. “Well, me and my family got together Monday night and sorted things out — the pros and cons of what’s best for me and the family, as well. We chose what was best for me, and that’s Auburn.”

Flott has only been to Auburn once, but it was a weekend-long trip. He spent most of the weekend with his parents — along with Woodson and defensive coordinator Kevin Steele.

Flott knew two weeks ago that he was close to choosing the Tigers, when he told SEC Country that Auburn and Alabama were both 9 out of 10 on his scale. After his last weekend visit to Gainesville, however, Flott said his choice came down to Florida and Auburn.

The Tigers edged out the Gators because of one buzzword Flott used multiple times: home.

“Florida was really great; it’s not to take away from that. When I was there, I enjoyed everything about it as well as I enjoyed Auburn,” Flott said. “But I narrowed it down to those two and felt basically like Auburn felt like home for me. Auburn felt like home and that really stood out to me.

“Florida was a place that I had a really good time. It was enjoyment. Auburn was more family and business, to me.”

Woodson wasn’t the only Auburn coach to whom Flott has grown close.

The 6-foot-1, 165-pound prospect from Saraland, Ala., originally came to know Auburn through Steele, who recruits the Mobile area. Steele’s straightforwardness from the first time Flott met him helped put the eventual Auburn cornerback commit at ease.

“Coach Steele, he reminded me daily that everything don’t revolve around football. They remind me to be a more spiritual person. They want to raise me to be a student-athlete, a young man and the best leader I can be away from the football field, too,” Flott said.

“It was more relief as the recruiting process goes along, as coaches pressure me every now and then, or someone telling me what’s best for me. It’s good to get things like that out of the way. It’s much more relief than anything.”

Flott '85 percent' committed to Auburn

Jeffrey Lee • AuburnSports.com

Saraland cornerback Cordale Flott committed to Auburn on Tuesday, but his recruitment isn’t over.

Not completely.

“It’s probably around 85 percent that I’m committed,” Flott said. “I feel really good about Auburn, but my recruitment process is still open.”

So why did Flott commit?

“My family, we all got together and felt like Auburn would be a nice place for me to commit to before spring or to commit for good,” he said. “I feel like Auburn is the best place for me and where I would fit best.”

Flott plans to take other visits. He has an official visit set to Arkansas June 8-10 and plans to take official visits to Texas A&M and Louisville, although dates have not been set.

Florida also remains in the mix. Flott visited Gainesville last weekend.

“It came down to (Auburn and Florida),” Flott said of his commitment. “I weighed the pros and cons of both schools and both have nice facilities and football programs, but I felt like Auburn is a great school for me and my family, for getting to the games and staying close together.”

Flott will take an unofficial visit to Auburn “maybe next week” and return later in the process for an official visit.

6 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

“It’s probably around 85 percent that I’m committed,” Flott said. “I feel really good about Auburn, but my recruitment process is still open.”

Hahaha. This is going to be fun. 

5 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

85% ... LOL

It's recruiting & the norm. It's odd when recruits are actually 100% committed. That's why I say committed doesn't mean committed in recruiting. It's more like leader in the club house til they sign or shut their recruitment down completely.

18 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

85% ... LOL

Why commit at that point? Be sure, then be part of the fam! 

85 % pregnant? Is there such a thing?LOL

32 minutes ago, Hopsing said:

85 % pregnant? Is there such a thing?LOL

He just raised the floor on his college opportunity really, really freaking high. 

1 hour ago, Hopsing said:

Because they're 18 year old kids.

Archived