2019 3* CB Cordale Flott Flips to LSU

ellitor

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Could be wrong but Flott may be flirting seriously with his spot. VIP but the title is interesting...

Auburn DB commitment sets weekend LSU official visit

VIP ByJohn Garcia Jr

I sure hope we're looking good with some of the other guys. Seems like there was a lot of momentum with the DBs a little while ago and we haven't locked any of them down yet. (Not that I'm sleeping on Simpson or the transfer.)

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

we haven't locked any of them down yet.

Sheffield was the only one of them expected to commit before the Summer dead period which still may happen. After the dead period starting next week I think the next big movement you'll see will be at the end of July Recruit Cook-out

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

FWIW from reading the article it sounds like we may be de-recruiting CF.

Sorry but what do you mean by "de-recruiting"? I thought you guys said the instate high school coaches frowned upon that?

4 hours ago, amsterjam said:

Sorry but what do you mean by "de-recruiting"?

De-recruiting is simply not staying in touch with a prospect or actively recruiting them.

4 hours ago, amsterjam said:

I thought you guys said the instate high school coaches frowned upon that?

Nope. I said in state coaches frown on cutting in state kids losoe barring grades or behavioral issues. 2 different things. With de-recruiting a player you aren't cutting them but at that point aren't recruiting them either. We would still honor Flott's commitment but aren't recruiting to keep him since he hasn't valued his spot in the class & is looking around seriously. He doesn't have the leverage to do that.

C. Flott must not be that much of a bottom feeder option. LSU wouldn't be offering if he was. Something's fishy with this situation.

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

C. Flott must not be that much of a bottom feeder option. LSU wouldn't be offering if he was. Something's fishy with this situation.

He is shopping and looking around so we are too. Gus is not about to get played here. He seems a lot more proactive and aggressive this cycle. I love it.

bye.gif

Isn't he the kid who said the day he committed or shortly thereafter he was only "75% committed?" Yah sounds like he always had a foot out the door.

1 hour ago, Randman5000 said:

We aiming for bigger stars?

Bigger? Not necessarily. Better? very possible.

59 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Been discussed a good bit. He hasn't taken his spot in this class seriously so the staff has backed off communication with him.

If he showed out at LSU Friday, earning a committable offer then kudos to him.

33 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

He is shopping and looking around so we are too. Gus is not about to get played here. He seems a lot more proactive and aggressive this cycle. I love it.

More about leverage IMO. which Flott doesn't have much given all the DBs we are in a good spot with. If CF was a higher valued target I bet AU would still recruit him hard even with the shopping around.

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

Been discussed a good bit. He hasn't taken his spot in this class seriously so the staff has backed off communication with him.

The staff certainly knows more about what he's doing than I do. If he's doing excessive messing around, then I'm all for him heading elsewhere. That kind of attitude doesn't normally translate well to on-field performance or in-practice effort.

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

More about leverage IMO. which Flott doesn't have much given all the DBs we are in a good spot with. If CF was a higher valued target I bet AU would still recruit him hard even with the shopping around.

And if he bolts that could free up another spot for the OLine.....   Oh wait...     

Kidding.  

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

What’s an example of not taking your spot seriously vs enjoying the process? Is there just a lack of communication and commitment on his part, so we’re backing off?

One of the differences is appreciating when a school is giving you a rare shot. If you’re Owen Pappoe, you can take visits because you have the leverage. If you’re Cordale Flott, you should be in the class and visiting and recruiting for your squad because you don’t have equivalent offers or because this is the place the put you on the map (so to speak). Instead, it’s been the opposite for each guy. From the time he committed, it seems like Flott has been trying to leverage his position with Auburn into other offers. That’s an outsiders view, but it sure seems like he’s more excited about other places, and he’s just not the caliber recruit for whom you grin and bear it. 

1 hour ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

What’s an example of not taking your spot seriously vs enjoying the process? Is there just a lack of communication and commitment on his part, so we’re backing off?

When you are told not to flirt with other schools you don't do it. No lack of communication there. It was clear. He was told when he committed. Lack of commitment...Yes. As GWill pointed out CF said he was 75% committed when he committed.

22 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

One of the differences is appreciating when a school is giving you a rare shot. If you’re Owen Pappoe, you can take visits because you have the leverage. If you’re Cordale Flott, you should be in the class and visiting and recruiting for your squad because you don’t have equivalent offers or because this is the place the put you on the map (so to speak). Instead, it’s been the opposite for each guy. From the time he committed, it seems like Flott has been trying to leverage his position with Auburn into other offers. That’s an outsiders view, but it sure seems like he’s more excited about other places, and he’s just not the caliber recruit for whom you grin and bear it. 

Couldn't have said it better.

1 hour ago, mcgufcm said:

Deshaun Davis and Jakai Clark come to mind. Now Davis is less than a calendar year away from getting drafted and Clark has every chance to follow. Not saying Flott was quite in their category but he would do well to think about it.

Based on the recent posts, perhaps the 3 exclamation points at the end of the OP title should be changed to a question mark?

I kid, I kid...

tenor.gif

Let him go, I honestly believe we’ll get a better player out of this anyways. Like others stated you don’t get to play games when you were lucky enough to have an official offer in the first place.

Archived