2019 3* CB Cordale Flott Flips to LSU

ellitor

4_8075732.png
Cordale Flott, CB
Saraland, AL
Ht: 6'1 | Wt: 165

Offers:  AU, Alabama, Alabama A&M, Arkansas, Arkansas State, Florida, Georgia State, Louisiana-Lafayette, Memphis, Mississippi State, Missouri, Nebraska, Ole Miss, Purdue, South Alabama, Southern Miss, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Troy, Tulane and UCF, among others.

"I'm very excited," Flott told AL.com. "Auburn is the best fit for me. I'm happy to put it behind me and focus on my senior year and being the best player and student-athlete I can be for Saraland High School."

"Cordale is exactly what a lot of guys want in a cornerback," Saraland head coach Jeff Kelly said told AL.com earlier this year. "He's 6-foot-1, can run, has tremendous length and he's physical. If you look at his tape, he mixes it up well at the line of scrimmage. He's also a good tackler. Those things are a recipe for generating a lot of interest from big-time college programs."

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2018/04/saraland_2019_defensive_back_c.html

Commit! Auburn lands in-state DB

Auburn has landed a surprise commitment Tuesday.

Three-star cornerback/safety Cordale Flott of Saraland (Ala.) gave his pledge to the Tigers, making the announcement via Twitter.

The 6-feet-1, 165-pound Flott is the No. 40 recruit in the state of Alabama for the industry generated 247Sports Composite.

"I'd like to thank my coaches all along the way," Flott Tweeted. "With that being said, I am committed to Auburn."

Da_aDCSXcAEupAI.jpg

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

We already have a pinned Flott thread brother. Lol

Oh my bad!

Mobile heating up for us on dbs! Isn’t McCreary from this area, who signed last year?

22 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

This guy is a steal imo.  Meaning,  he is more talented than a 3 star suggest.   

Yep he may be a 3-star but check out his offer list. Wish we had've gotten Christian Williams but I'm fine with another diamond in the rough. Plus it seems like his ranking will go up. I like this guy.

16 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I think I'm mainly excited about how people will still be calling him Cardale when he's a senior and in his second year as a starter. 

You can call me Cardale if he turns out anything like Carlton Davis and sticks around for his senior year. :)

21 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I think I'm mainly excited about how people will still be calling him Cardale when he's a senior and in his second year as a starter. 

I call him Cordy.

13 minutes ago, Mikey said:

You ain't right! :)

That's better than me. I already have a monicur lined up for him... Flott Happens!

Cordele Walker, Texas Ranger? I am glad we nabbed this young man. Looks like he will rise in the rankings as we get closer to signing time. I wonder if he will be an early enrolling student come December?

14 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I wonder if he will be an early enrolling student come December?

Good question. Not sure reporters have asked that yet.

15 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

@bigbird thoughts on our latest DB commit?

He plays a lot of 3-step shuffle/bail technique rather than backpedaling, so I can't really comment on that.  When in press or catch he seems to have quick feet and good hands, however he seems to get beat to the inside a little, but that can be due to the leverage he is playing.  His length allows him to recover well and attacks the receiver and the ball. He seems to have good quick hips,  plays aggressively, and is a very good tackler.  A solid pick up with good speed and length. JMO.

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

He plays a lot of 3-step shuffle/bail technique rather than backpedaling, so I can't really comment on that.  When in press or catch he seems to have quick feet and good hands, however he seems to get beat to the inside a little, but that can be due to the leverage he is playing.  His length allows him to recover well and attacks the receiver and the ball. He seems to have good quick hips,  plays aggressively, and is a very good tackler.  A solid pick up with good speed and length. JMO.

Finally I understand some of your analysis.

Image result for cupid shuffle gif

12 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Finally I understand some of your analysis.

Image result for cupid shuffle gif

I prefer the shuffle. It allows the DB to read the tree better, play the receiver closer, and break quicker.

Some good stuff here

http://smartfootball.com/defense/why-nick-saban-doesnt-teach-backpedaling#sthash.SuEzdqXI.dpbs

Archived