Gus is an average coach

AUIH1

Gus has had one very good year (2013).  Followed by three below average years then one good year (2017) (except for the SECCG failure and the the bowl game failure which trends 2017 down a lot). I am said this before, and I am posting it again, I was on on the Gus Bus full force until Gus allowed UGA to abuse us in 2014. At that point Gus lost my trust as an AU HC,    I want Gus to be a very good coach for AU but I have serious doubts going back to UGA 2014 that he can regain my trust .  Regular season 2017 was a good starting point but Gus followed that up with the SECCG and the bowl game.  I am not a fan of Gus at all. 

wde

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, bigbird said:

What a unique and fresh take on Gus. Thanks for the new insight.

I knew you would appreciate it. About to start a new round of chemo and radiation for my throat cancer.  My give a crap meter is pretty low right now in terms of an AU fan boy/girl message board.

wde

1 minute ago, AUIH1 said:

I knew you would appreciate it. About to start a new round of chemo and radiation for my throat cancer.  My give a crap meter is pretty low right now in terms of an AU fan boy/girl message board.

wde

Stay strong and keep fighting. We're all behind you.

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Stay strong and keep fighting. We're all behind you.

I do appreciate it.  Depends on how many times I get banned by certain Mods and I could be more appreciative.

AU still has a challenged HC in many ways.  I am not sure any are physical.

wde

3 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

wde

Prayers for you with your treatment. An old supervisor of mine called the care meter his GAS gauge. That of course was just his acronym for his "give a s#@*" level. :)

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

Prayers for you with your treatment. An old supervisor of mine called the care meter his GAS gauge. That of course was just his acronym for his "give a s#@*" level. :)

I appreciate it.   My GAS level has decreased a lot since September.  I am sure some on this board are having a hard time figuring out how my GAS level can decrease from the time I joined.  Bigbird has criticized and agreed with me since my time on this board and the previous board.  We will always agree and disagree on topics and I will always respect his view.  Golf is also someone who I consider a friend in a non-serious way.  Titan has no clue about AU things, but he toes the site line and since he is a Mod, I respect him as long as he will give me the opportunity to defend myself which he did not the last banning, but he gets a second chance. The rest of the Mod family, I will refrain from commenting on all because they have done their jobs well and we have never had to interact or they have individual problems that I can't go into.

wde

56 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Gus has had one very good year (2013).  Followed by three below average years then one good year (2017) (except for the SECCG failure and the the bowl game failure which trends 2017 down a lot). I am said this before, and I am posting it again, I was on on the Gus Bus full force until Gus allowed UGA to abuse us in 2014. At that point Gus lost my trust as an AU HC,    I want Gus to be a very good coach for AU but I have serious doubts going back to UGA 2014 that he can regain my trust .  Regular season 2017 was a good starting point but Gus followed that up with the SECCG and the bowl game.  I am not a fan of Gus at all. 

wde

Besides a NC, what would it take for you to get on board ? Also prayers out to you for strength and good health 

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

Besides a NC, what would it take for you to get on board ? Also prayers out to you for strength and good health 

Gene Chizik won that NC.   Gus won the 2013 SECCG and lost the real championship game.  Gus has won nothing other than the 2013  SECCG.  Wake me up when Gus wins another legitimate Championship.

wde

2 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Gene Chizik won that NC.   Gus won the 2013 SECCG and lost the real championship game.  Gus has won nothing other than the 2013  SECCG.  Wake me up when Gus wins another legitimate Championship.

wde

You didn’t answer my question . Let me rephrase. Short of winning a NC this year, what would satisfy you with Gus?

More proof that Auburn has some of the worst "fans" in the country. I'll bet this guy showed up at the airport to call Gene Chizik a loser. Loser.

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

You didn’t answer my question . Let me rephrase. Short of winning a NC this year, what would satisfy you with Gus?

I can see the post game thread for the opener now...

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

Win an SECCG in 2018 or 2019.

Gus caught lighting in a bottle twice in 2013.  Do it without miracles.

wde

I am not a fan of Gus, but his recent contract ensures, with 100% certainty, that he will be our coach for many years.  With that in mind I don’t see much long term value to constantly criticize Gus.  No disrespect intended to the OP because of his medical situation. I can see where short term relief could be realized via a thread of this type. 

2 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

wde

You and I rarely agree on anything Auburn related, but I do wish you the best in your treatments.  Even though it is the exact opposite of mine, your opinion is valued by people like myself.  Keeping you in my prayers.

3 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

About to start a new round of chemo and radiation for my throat cancer.

Dang. Sorry to hear that. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Stay strong.

4 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

wde

Best of luck brother! Praying for you.

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Saban before the REC was an average coach also.

Well I'll be damn I agree with you. I will say I think he would have turned into a very good coach had he stayed at LSU but nothing like what he has now at turd land. LSU has nothing like the REC

6 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

wde

i have been down that road with colorectal cancer and 6 years later, prostate cancer.....keep a healthy, upbeat attitude,pray a lot and turn it into a blessing....only a cancer survivor can understand that cancer can be the biggest blessing of their life....the chemo does make a person feel damned awful and the radiation is rough when treating throat cancer...good luck, and malzahn is an average coach and this past year proved it....7 more years of it

7 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

wde

Not saying I completely disagree, but Gus is our guy . For a long time. Let go of the past and get behind him. He needs support.  He ain’t going anywhere. I am riding with Gus. War Eagle 

You can beat this, Auburn is in your DNA

Gus has stumbled when he has had a chance to male a major step forward. His teams being unprepared and uninspired have been the biggest disappointment.

No excuses, we have the talent , the facilities, probably the coaches. Gus wake up! You will never have this opportunity again.

Whatever you are doing now is not good enough.

Archived