Gus is an average coach

AUIH1

Just now, CleCoTiger said:

I say you are FOS.  You are not worth the time, dude.

Exactly 

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DAG said:

Umm yes but he had AWESOME talent. Again my point. Talent alone doesn’t win you a damn thing.

You don't know the difference between a head coach and a coordinator or position coach? I'm done.

I think we can all agree on 1 thing on Gus. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WIN A FRICKIN BOWL GAME THAT IS NOT THE BIRMINGHAM BOWL!!!!!!! 1-4 in bowl games is atrocious. We also should of won all of them but the oklahoma one. But we snatched a defeat from the jaws of victory in those games lol.

7 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

You don't know the difference between a head coach and a coordinator or position coach? I'm done.

This topic was about being a HC? No? We are comparing HC gigs. I thought you were done a post ago? I don’t think the OP was discussing how Gus is as an OC. Do you all of a sudden stop teaching and coaching when you become a HC?

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I think we can all agree on 1 thing on Gus. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WIN A FRICKIN BOWL GAME THAT IS NOT THE BIRMINGHAM BOWL!!!!!!! 1-4 in bowl games is atrocious. We also should of won all of them but the oklahoma one. But we snatched a defeat from the jaws of victory in those games lol.

Nah I am still upset about UCF. They got their NC rings today haha

Just now, DAG said:

exactly. like come on! We should of blown them out and we were on the verge of doing so as well............ Still upset about that one as well.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

exactly. like come on! We should of blown them out and we were on the verge of doing so as well............ Still upset about that one as well.

Washington will tell a lot my friend. And yes we are more talented than them.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Washington will tell a lot my friend. And yes we are more talented than them.

Auburn in A early season game against a good non conference opponent? History is not on our side! from all the clemson games. To the Usc games. To the ga tech games of the early 2000's. I am not confident. Even though I agree. We are more talented than them.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

I will say this for us AU people...

We may still not all see eye to eye about Gus but we ARE still talking football in April, have a history to enjoy, and have hope for the future.

In Orlando FL they lost their HC, couldn't tell you who Josh Heupel was and only care about tourism right now.

There are more AU people that know about their "championship" than there are ucf fans...I mean ALL ucf fans in existence.

...FWIW

Just now, AUsince72 said:

I will say this for us AU people...

We may still not all see eye to eye about Gus but we ARE still talking football in April, have a history to enjoy, and have hope for the future.

In Orlando FL they lost their HC, couldn't tell you who Josh Heupel was and only care about tourism right now.

There are more AU people that know about their "championship" than there are ucf fans...I mean ALL ucf fans in existence.

...FWIW

Dang that’s pretty bad..

Just now, DAG said:

Dang that’s pretty bad..

Seriously... nobody cares about them....here in FL.

14 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

And I know someone is going to say well Alabama and OU lost to non-power 5 teams. TRUE. My issue is this UCF team was talking CRAP. Their own fans were saying If they come in Atlanta and win, they are the true NC. It should’ve been game on from that point.

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

Seriously... nobody cares about them....here in FL.

I mean I can believe it. Look how Florida professional teams are treated...

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I mean I can believe it. Look how Florida professional teams are treated...

Very true.  Off topic but that's because unless you live in the "middle" of the state (not counting Orlando) you are not from here (neither am I, of course) ...heck 90% are not even from south of Ohio.

There was plenty local passion for the Super Bowl though...

2 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Very true.  Off topic but that's because unless you live in the "middle" of the state (not counting Orlando) you are not from here (neither am I, of course) ...heck 90% are not even from south of Ohio.

That is what I was thinking. Retirees and what not, especially in Tampa, at least when I was there . Nobody at the rays game and if you were, you had all different type of representations there.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

That is what I was thinking. Retirees and what not, especially in Tampa, at least when I was there . Nobody at the rays game and if you were, you had all different type of representations there.

They only sell out the Yankees & Red Sox. 

2 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

15 minutes ago, alexava said:

Bruce Pearl is overrated. 

LOL you almost had me. Thank goodness I edited my post.

r.gif

10 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

Neither does Gus.

wde

10 hours ago, DAG said:

Now ya gotta admit that almost nobody , including the AU players,  thought this game was important or took it seriously......until after it was over and lost.   

Me?  I was upset about the game before it was played.   Seeing and reading the comments from some players and many fans about the bowl game in general ...and UCF in particular....it was not hard to see that AU was going to lose that game.   

27 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Now ya gotta admit that almost nobody , including the AU players,  thought this game was important or took it seriously......until after it was over and lost.   

Me?  I was upset about the game before it was played.   Seeing and reading the comments from some players and many fans about the bowl game in general ...and UCF in particular....it was not hard to see that AU was going to lose that game.   

That game was 100% on the coaching staff not to make to players realize that UCF was a decent team who could beat them if they didn't get prepared and ready for UCF.  It is 100% on the coaching staff to make the players understand that the game was important and to take it seriously.  If the current coaching staff was incapable of doing so as you seem to suggest, then we have the wrong coaching staff at AU.  The same goes for the SECCG.  Only someone who is simply an average coach would never realize that you don't play an obviously injured player and not change the game plan from the first meeting even if you happen to win the first meeting.

wde 

2 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

That game was 100% on the coaching staff not to make to players realize that UCF was a decent team who could beat them if they didn't get prepared and ready for UCF.  It is 100% on the coaching staff to make the players understand that the game was important and to take it seriously.  If the current coaching staff was incapable of doing so as you seem to suggest, then we have the wrong coaching staff at AU.  The same goes for the SECCG.  Only someone who is simply an average coach would never realize that you don't play an obviously injured player and not change the game plan from the first meeting even if you happen to win the first meeting.

wde 

Disagree. 

I know you hate the coaches, but the PLAYERS still need to get jacked up for a game and play like it’s their last. Doing the motions halfway or not being there mentally does not fully rest on the coaching staff. 

On 4/21/2018 at 12:23 PM, AUsince72 said:

I know I'm a bit of a broken record but regarding Saban's "greatness" run, the greatest attribute he's got is Emmert taking over the NCAA thus giving the REC blackmail power to keep them safe from any retribution they deserve.

Thus, I believe Kirby may (MAN, I hope so!!) find out, the hard way, that it's not so easy to cheat and pay and juice up players, when you don't have the NCAA covering your six.  This year's recruiting class is more "red flag" than impressive.

The problem is...who is going to turn them in?  Ga Tech is so irrelevant that they don't even recruit or go up against the same players.  The media in Georgia are all in for UGA.  There will not be any investigating or looking into things from any source inside this state.  The only way Kirby gets turned in will be from another school in the SEC and Kirby has everyone in the state on his side.  You won't see any negative slant in any newspapers or any evening news.  Auburn on the other hand has every media outlet just waiting to write anything in a negative light towards us.  It is VERY easy for Kirby to set up the same structure and foundation in Georgia that Saban has in Alabama and there isn't an Auburn down the road in state to keep them in check.

Archived