Indoor Facilities for Softball/Baseball

This is a great thing for both programs.   Plus locker room upgrades at Auburn Arena.

http://www.auburntigers.com/genrel/042018aaa.html

Board of Trustees approves Athletics facility upgrades
Auburn University's Board of Trustees gave final approval Friday to player development improvements for baseball at Plainsman Park, softball at Jane B. Moore Field, and enhancements to the locker rooms at Auburn Arena
Auburn University's Board of Trustees gave final approval Friday to player development improvements for baseball at Plainsman Park, softball at Jane B. Moore Field, and enhancements to the locker rooms at Auburn Arena
April 20, 2018

By Jeff Shearer
AuburnTigers.com

AUBURN, Ala. - Auburn University's Board of Trustees gave final approval Friday to player development improvements for baseball at Plainsman Park, softball at Jane B. Moore Field, and enhancements to the locker rooms at Auburn Arena.

"The Auburn family is a passionate group demonstrated by its generous philanthropy in support of these capital projects," Director of Athletics Allen Greene said. "I applaud President Leath and the Board of Trustees for their unwavering commitment to invest in the holistic experience of our student-athletes. The linchpin to sustained success is the constant improvement of our physical footprint, including facility upgrades and new construction. Broadly speaking, our student-athletes deserve to train in world-class facilities and our fans expect a "best-in-class" game day experience. As we raise the bar within our conference and beyond, our journey to create and execute a facilities master plan that excites the Auburn fan base is unequivocally in motion."

The baseball facility enhancements, a 10,000-square foot addition next to right field, will include indoor batting cage tunnels and player evaluation spaces.

"We've been blessed in the first two years with the field renovation, the lights, scoreboard and seats," Auburn baseball coach Butch Thompson said. "This is our next big step, and it's a step in the direction of player development. It will improve our workspace, especially in inclement weather, allowing us to hit inside. It's a player development investment that will benefit every player in our program."

Softball Facility Upgrades

The softball improvements include a 10,000-square foot facility along the first-base line featuring an indoor infield, and retractable nets for hitting when the infield is not in use.

"The indoor facility is going to have a huge impact," Auburn softball coach Mickey Dean said. "It gives us the ability to work on things when it's cold, when it's raining. It's also a place student-athletes can go if they want to work on their own."

Basketball Facility Upgrades

Auburn Arena upgrades will include new entry lobbies for men's and women's basketball, an expanded locker room area, team meeting space and team lounge for men's basketball.

"I'm grateful to the Board of Trustees, President Leath and our Director of Athletics for continuing to invest in our basketball program," men's basketball coach Bruce Pearl said. "As we gain credibility and competitiveness, we're attracting high level student-athletes and we need to provide the space and facilities to help train them. These improvements will go a long way toward that end."

As Dr. Steven Leath said in his Installation, Auburn University is on the move.

OK I'll beat a4e will we be at 100,000 at the baseball stadium? Seriously looks good but a little strange already having to update basketball locker room areas but I'm sure its needed.

I look for more upgrades coming in other areas very soon......... like I've said before tons of money is there

If Tuberville was our AD and Rocker our head coach football seating would already be upgraded to 250,000. Malzahn has got to go.

1 hour ago, fredst said:

If Tuberville was our AD and Rocker our head coach football seating would already be upgraded to 250,000. Malzahn has got to go.

Fred, BammerBoi has hacked your account. Take measures!

9 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

OK I'll beat a4e will we be at 100,000 at the baseball stadium? Seriously looks good but a little strange already having to update basketball locker room areas but I'm sure its needed.

I look for more upgrades coming in other areas very soon......... like I've said before tons of money is there

I thought the same thing but then again it has been about 10 years since the arena was planned and started. I don't think our vision for basketball was the same as it is today. We are recruiting players now who are being recruited by bigger basketball schools so we need to be competitive in facilities too. Also we're going to need to make sure we have enough rafters to hold more NCAA tournament banners. ;D

Since our baseball and softball budget was cut around $800,000 with this approval, what ACTUALLY will NOT be done with this money that is listed in the project proposal items they hoped to get? Something got cut for sure...

20 hours ago, Mikey said:

Fred, BammerBoi has hacked your account. Take measures!

Just my gratuitous shot at a4e. Not funny I know but I couldn’t help myself 

Archived