Softball vs. Arkansas game 1

Veach lines one to the gap in right center and to the wall.  Veach rounds 1st and slides in safely at 2nd. 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad the bats are back.  Let's not use it all up this game.  Haha.  Need them in 2 more tomorrow. 

Crocker with a very slow roller right in front of the plate, fielders converge as the catcher comes out to field it, and the 3rd baseman bumps into her and there's no throw.  Run scores and Auburn leads 11-0.  Runners on 1st and 2nd with 1 out.   Draper is due up  here.

Guterirez pinch hitting for Draper.    Strikes out swinging.   Back to the top of the order.  Taylon Snow up.

looper to center and Draper comes up and makes a nice catch.  They throw to 3rd thinking the runner was off the base but she tagged and scores.  11-1 Tigers.  Runners on 1st and 2nd with 2 outs.

slow roller....Harris fields and throw to 1st in time.   FINAL.  AUBURN WINS 11-1.    Double header tomorrow..  WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!

Too bad we couldn't preserve shutout, but much needed run rule win. We also had 9 hits!

Last batter for Arky stepped out of the box twice in succession, including the last pitch.  Almost stepped on the plate on that one.  I thought she might have been safe at first, but should have been called out by the HP umpire.

1 minute ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Last batter for Arky stepped out of the box twice in succession, including the last pitch.  Almost stepped on the plate on that one.  I thought she might have been safe at first, but should have been called out by the HP umpire.

That's what I worry about....they seem to ignore it when the at-bat is not significant.  The rule might not be subjective but enforcement is very uneven. .

Great win. I saw on some random site today that the writer had Arky picked as the team "most likely" to be the fourth team to get the bye at the SEC tournament. Sweep the DH tomorrow and we can bury that idea.

Archived