Baseball at uat Game 2

Off the play-by-play context, the announcers in the game were mentioning the murderers row Auburn still has to face in the last 4 weeks and both mentioned 13-17 in conference wouldn't get it done for AU w/r/t postseason even with a top 15 RPI.  Not sure I believe that, but I'd like to get to 14-16 just to feel better.  I don't remember Mizzou's RPI when they were left out at 14-16 last year, but I can't imagine it being very good.  Really wish AU had that UK game 1 or that Mizzou game back right about now.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3-0 to the 7th.  Tanner at 80 pitches through 6.  FWIW, Greenhill was the pitcher warming up that inning

If one of either Jarvis, Estes, Anthony near the bottom half of the order can get out of their slumps, AU can become more of a threat.  As I type this Jarvis comes through with his second hit of the night.  Leadoff runner on.

UAT making a pitching change with a 3-1 count on Anthony.  Gonna get to see 3 innings of UAT BP in game 1.

15 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Off the play-by-play context, the announcers in the game were mentioning the murderers row Auburn still has to face in the last 4 weeks and both mentioned 13-17 in conference wouldn't get it done for AU w/r/t postseason even with a top 15 RPI.  Not sure I believe that, but I'd like to get to 14-16 just to feel better.  I don't remember Mizzou's RPI when they were left out at 14-16 last year, but I can't imagine it being very good.  Really wish AU had that UK game 1 or that Mizzou game back right about now.

What do they know? Not much.

Best outing of the year behind Casey's no-hitter.  Tanner Burns goes 7 innings, gives up 0 runs.  Time to add on in the 8th.  4-0 AU.

Nice inning by Burns though that last out sounded like it might be a problem.....but Ward tracked it down in left to wrap things up for the inning.

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Nice inning by Burns though that last out sounded like it might be a problem.....but Ward tracked it down in left to wrap things up for the inning.

Ward has been the outfield hero this weekend. Davis may not get his job back.

Archived