Softball vs. Arkansas game 3

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Veach singles through the left side,  2 runs score, throw comes home, Veach takes 2nd on the throw.    AUBURN LEADS 4-2.     There's the 2 out hit we've been waiting for.

Been needing  a clutch hit today....Veach gets one.....finally  

Dowell flies to right to end the inning.    BUT, Auburn takes the lead on a 2 run single from Kendall Veach and lead arkansas 4-2 after 5 complete.

arkansas gets a runner on ..   batter lines hard to 1st, Veach makes the catch and steps on 1st to double up the runner and end the top of the 6th.    Auburn coming up leading 4-2.     Podany, Draper and Taylon Snow coming up

grounder to Snow at short, it hops on her, she recovers but throw is wide and not in time anyway.   

grounder to Snow at short, fielded throws to mcCrackin at 2nd and Auburn wins 4-2.    29-3 at home on the season and Carlson records her 65 career win.    WAR DAMN EAGLE....

Senior leadership by Carlson and Shea.  Congrats to them and Draper on their careers at Auburn.  I am proud to call them Auburn Women!!!

That was an important win for our regional hosting hopes.  uat lost to UT today, so that helps us stay ahead of them.  Happy for Shea to get a big dinger in her last regular season game.  And somebody should tell Britt that Shea didn't strike out in that last at-bat in OKC.  Maybe Cooper did, off mike.  

Next weekend we get aTm in their first series in their brand new softball facility.  Think they won't be motivated?

2 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Next weekend we get aTm in their first series in their brand new softball facility.  Think they won't be motivated?

I hope we are motivated too. Going to be close as to whether we can get one of the four first-day bye slots in the SEC tournament.

41 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

That was an important win for our regional hosting hopes.  uat lost to UT today, so that helps us stay ahead of them.  Happy for Shea to get a big dinger in her last regular season game.  And somebody should tell Britt that Shea didn't strike out in that last at-bat in OKC.  Maybe Cooper did, off mike.  

I'm sure somebody did after the fact, but he's wrong so often its hard to keep up with all of them.   Some of the stuff  he says just boggles the mind.  Like I said earlier today, it took him more than a full season before he stopped saying "Payoff pitch" regardless of the count on the batter. 

Archived