Baseball vs uat Game 3

That was huge to go get that. On the broadcast, both Bammer guys were actually pretty good all weekend, but they both thought Auburn needed 15 SEC wins or they wouldn’t make NCAA regionals. They were saying ”even if Auburn wins tonight, they’ve gotta go 6-6 against that tough schedule.” 

Of course I’d like 15-15, but I don’t think that record is necessary to get into NCAA tourney. If we’re 15-15 with our RPI, that’ll put us in the talk for hosting, not just making the tourney. I think this year will be the year an SEC team gets in with a 12-18 conference record. League is too good. RPIs will all be high enough to get teams in, and overall records will be good as well. 

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, AU64 said:

BTW...was looking at the box score.....  is Coker ailing?   Another bad outing for him...only got one out ?   Start of the season he looked good. ..but now ?

First two pitches he threw were strikes at the absolute bottom of the zone, where he's got to live, and were called balls.  If the opposition can lay off that pitch and the umpire doesn't give the low strike, Coker is going to get lit up.  His only "unhittable" pitch is his fastball down and sinking.  

21 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

First two pitches he threw were strikes at the absolute bottom of the zone, where he's got to live, and were called balls.  If the opposition can lay off that pitch and the umpire doesn't give the low strike, Coker is going to get lit up.  His only "unhittable" pitch is his fastball down and sinking.  

Yep, tough when a guy can't get his pitches called strikes...but just looking at the stats he's giving up an average of about 2 hits per inning over his last half dozen outings.....and that's more than just a tight strike zone IMO...just wondering.....hard to trust putting him into a tight situation..:dunno:   Hoping this is something he can get over....

Badly needed sweep and to do it in impressive fashion is nice.  Bats finally came around.  Hopefully we can snag at least one in Gainesville.

5 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Badly needed sweep and to do it in impressive fashion is nice.  Bats finally came around.  Hopefully we can snag at least one in Gainesville.

Naw ... I ain’t takin nuthin but sweeping them in lizard park!

Archived