2018 UMASS GT OT Jack Driscoll commits to AU!!! (4/25/18)

ellitor

15 minutes ago, toddc said:

Two years of eligibility left! Also, eligible immediately.

Smart dude.

Can can he slide over to Center maybe?

I'm glad we are in the mix and I totally understand why, since he visited. 

But I am curious as to why he chose to visit us in the first place, considering his focus on the west coast. 

Edited by homersapien

43 minutes ago, toddc said:

Two years of eligibility left! Also, eligible immediately.

Already been posted.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, homersapien said:

But I am curious as to why he chose to visit us in the first place, considering his focus on the west coast. 

Probably got word via back channels that we needed somebody.

He has played Guard and Tackle and is unique as GT in that he has two years of eligibility with that versatility he could probably play Center also. At worse he gives us quality depth at multiple positions and he might be good enough to be starter. I would really love to sign this young man. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Already been posted.

Was responding to a post that said 1 year.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, homersapien said:

I'm glad we are in the mix and I totally understand why, since he visited. 

Since Grimes allegedly is a loser at recruiting, I, too, am puzzled. Driscoll even spent time talking with Grimes and is still thinking of coming to Auburn. Imagine that!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

It would be great if we could sign Jack Driscoll and another grad transfer. Nick Harvey. A 5-10, 185 grad transfer from Texas A&M. He chose to leave A&M when they fired Kevin Sumlin and hired Jimbo Fisher.

Edited by auburn4ever

25 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

It would be great if we could sign Jack Driscoll and another grad transfer. Nick Harvey. A 5-10, 185 grad transfer from Texas A&M. He chose to leave A&M when they fired Kevin Sumlin and hired Jimbo Fisher.

They hired jimbo?! WOOOOW!!!! I had no idea. Thanks Joe Schad! lol

44 gttr.gif

2 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Pretty sure we only have room for 1 grad transfer under the 25 yearly limit cap.

This would be a HUGE pull. No idea who would start, whether that's Tega, Ashley, Troxell, Driscoll; the added depth would be really, really important.

• Like 1

Solid player, solid guy. It's hard to not be in cynical/snobbish "wait & see" mode when the plan is get GT's into the SEC West from (e.g.) Rice & UMass. 

• Like 1

The complaints about what school he's coming from are hilarious. You can't assume that the top guys at the middle tier schools aren't just as good as most guys in the P5. Especially when there is lots of film on these guys competing against the same level of competition that we do. For goodness sake, there's a guard from UTEP projected to go higher than any P5 OTs in the draft this year. There's a tackle from West Georgia who got a grade of 5.72, or "chance to become an NFL starter". 

This isn't just some Go5 kid. He's rated as one of the two best offensive tackles out of all 5 of those conferences. He probably has late-round draft potential. That's really, really good. It wasn't "the plan" to go get a GT. "The plan" is to get talented football players on our roster and this guy just so happened to be available, and we just so happen to have a spot for him. 

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Who's your daddy said:

This looks good for us. I hear that staff feels pretty good. 

His having two years is a big deal. I think he gets every opportunity to win an OT spot this year.  

Who are you and where did you come from?

And, nice name. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Who's your daddy said:

This looks good for us. I hear that staff feels pretty good. 

His having two years is a big deal. I think he gets every opportunity to win an OT spot this year.  

11 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

And, nice name. 

The Maury Povich show??? He's always surprising people with who the daddy is. :dunno:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, AidiAU said:

And, nice name. 

So you are saying you don’t know Who’s your Daddy?

• Like 1

Nice! This is huge. We all wanted an offensive tackle in this class with immediate impact potential. This guy is likely more game ready than almost any true freshman in the country. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Nice! This is huge. We all wanted an offensive tackle in this class with immediate impact potential. This guy is likely more game ready than almost any true freshman in the country. 

Yeah this is a big get and fills an immediate need. I feel better about missing on Calvin Anderson now. Think Driscoll graded better. 

• Thanks 1