2018 UMASS GT OT Jack Driscoll commits to AU!!! (4/25/18)

ellitor

This is huge.  A Grad-transfer with two years eligibility.  Much prefer over a JUCO or a Power 5 guy who has ridden the bench for 3 or 4 years.  This guy has faced SEC and big-league football defenses.  Already our most experienced OL. WDE Jack Driscoll!!!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Very excited to have more experience and more depth at Tackle. Hopefully he pushes Tega, Ashley, and Troxell. May the best two win. 

• Like 1

I think this goes a long way towards indicating that Grime s can recruit and recruits recognize him as someone that can help prepare them for a pro career. but maybe I'm overly feeling the hype right now

• Like 3

13 hours ago, shabby said:

I think this goes a long way towards indicating that Grime s can recruit and recruits recognize him as someone that can help prepare them for a pro career. but maybe I'm overly feeling the hype right now

Also putting in a lot of time in the film room and really scouring the landscape for quality players. 

Hope we can land some of the Morrises, too. 

14 hours ago, shabby said:

Probably the latter tbh.

Earlier in this thread someone mentioned that we need to go after another GT that is 5 ‘ 10” and 185. I’m glad we got the bigger feller. Even stretching that shorter feller with Andy Griffiths body-stretching machine, and a year of Aunt Bea’s fried chicken and biscuits, it would be hard to turn him into an SEC OL.  If you  figure Andy’s neck-stretcher gives him 4 inches, conservatively, and 30 pounds added by Aunt Bea’s cooking, that makes him 6’2” and 215. He’ll get pushed backwards like Braden Smith versus UCF.  Plus who wants to be in that contraption in a lonely closet while their friends are out having fun?  Driscoll is already full-sized!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MaitlandTiger said:

Earlier in this thread someone mentioned that we need to go after another GT that is 5 ‘ 10” and 185. I’m glad we got the bigger feller. Even stretching that shorter feller with Andy Griffiths body-stretching machine, and a year of Aunt Bea’s fried chicken and biscuits, it would be hard to turn him into an SEC OL.  If you  figure Andy’s neck-stretcher gives him 4 inches, conservatively, and 30 pounds added by Aunt Bea’s cooking, that makes him 6’2” and 215. He’ll get pushed backwards like Braden Smith versus UCF.  Plus who wants to be in that contraption in a lonely closet while their friends are out having fun?  Driscoll is already full-sized!  

You're weird. I wanna party with you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Unless my eyes are deceiving me, it also appears that he comes equipped with a shiny metal uniform and metallic UMass helmet. That is wonderful news because imagine 10 Auburn Tigers in the Navy uniform, and one shiny metallic right tackle.  On first down,  after the snap he could move a little further to the right and shimmy a little bit and waive his metallic arms.  One or two of the 10 defenders stacking the box—-remember this is any first down—would be distracted. We would average a yard and a half versus the traditional yard.  Why has nobody mentioned this?

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

1.  I was voted All-World First Team party All-Star. It got me nothing but heartache!!  Gave it up much. Miss it tremendously 

2.  Shouldn’t we both be at work?

Just now, MaitlandTiger said:

1.  I was voted All-World First Team party All-Star. It got me nothing but heartache!!  Gave it up much. Miss it tremendously 

2.  Shouldn’t we both be at work?

1. I believe you.

2. I am. Hanging out with you yahoos at the same time is what I do instead of "working late to meet a deadline" at the local bar. We takes what we can gets. 

I live in the same town as Golf. A couple years ago I saw this character at the Maitland Publix. All decked out in Auburn gear carrying a lumpy worn down brown paper sack with the words “For M. Ivey” on it.  Spoke to him for a few minutes and he mentioned this forum. Been reading it ever since. 

I’m pretty sure it was Golf. Thirty-something, 6’3”, 185.  Full head of jet black hair. Lithe and willowy body like a male Brazilian professional dancer?  Same guy?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MaitlandTiger said:

I’m pretty sure it was Golf. Thirty-something, 6’3”, 185.  Full head of jet black hair. Lithe and willowy body like a male Brazilian professional dancer?  Same guy?

Not unless he was dressed like a Swiss banker on vacation in Milan. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, shabby said:

Careful with that kind of talk. Some people don't want to hear anything good about him. It goes against their narrative. ^-^

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MaitlandTiger said:

I live in the same town as Golf. A couple years ago I saw this character at the Maitland Publix. All decked out in Auburn gear carrying a lumpy worn down brown paper sack with the words “For M. Ivey” on it.  Spoke to him for a few minutes and he mentioned this forum. Been reading it ever since. 

It's not important whether it was @augolf1716 or not. I just want to know where Ivey's bag of money went. Somebody's got some serious explaining to do. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, MaitlandTiger said:

Damn look at you pulling out old Barney trying to add inches and weight

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Well he does live close to me what would you expect.......................

9 minutes ago, bg5 said:

Careful with that kind of talk. Some people don't want to hear anything good about him. It goes against their narrative. ^-^

So I've heard. I think we are in much better hands this year. And I'm also one of the rare few that thinks the offensive line didn't look completely awful against the defense at A day. I though run blocking actually looked better than expected. We'll know soon enough I suppose.

40 minutes ago, MaitlandTiger said:

Yep the retro Publix 

1 hour ago, MaitlandTiger said:

Just be careful about those hiccups after he's put on the weight. May have to eventually strap on some heavy chains to be big enough.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lca408 said:

Just be careful about those hiccups after he's put on the weight. May have to eventually strap on some heavy chains to be big enough.

Or a shiny metal uniform and metallic helmet which carries us back to the original point @MaitlandTiger made. :-\

2 hours ago, MaitlandTiger said:

30 something? Hell this may have been his grandson?