Harold Morrow

kevon67

A previous topic on the forums led me to do some deep memory search.........scary I know?

Harold Morrow come to mind..........always considered him underrated whenever backs are mentioned.

If memory serves me correctly, Harold spent 10 years in the NFL...........quite impressive........what say ye.

Two backs that were great but not mentioned as much,well in my eyes were James Bostic and Rudi Johnson.

10 hours ago, kevon67 said:

A previous topic on the forums led me to do some deep memory search.........scary I know?

Harold Morrow come to mind..........always considered him underrated whenever backs are mentioned.

If memory serves me correctly, Harold spent 10 years in the NFL...........quite impressive........what say ye.

A great enigma. His stat line at AU and in the NFL are amazingly low, yet he stuck around the league for a long time. Great athlete obviously. 

1 hour ago, Southwest said:

Two backs that were great but not mentioned as much,well in my eyes were James Bostic and Rudi Johnson.

While true Morrow never had that type of attention...............If memory serves me correctly Morrow was a rb converted fb in his time at AU.

4 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

A great enigma. His stat line at AU and in the NFL are amazingly low, yet he stuck around the league for a long time. Great athlete obviously. 

I imagine he had a great work ethic as well...........Warrrrr Eagle and cheers :beer2:

I had to look up Morrow because I didn't recall when he played. Saw that he was from Maplesville High School. Same school Tommie Agee came from. He had a nice NFL career too. 

9 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I had to look up Morrow because I didn't recall when he played. Saw that he was from Maplesville High School. Same school Tommie Agee came from. He had a nice NFL career too. 

I’m pretty sure he is Tommie’s cousin. 

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Some guys just stay healthy, provide a lot of usefulness on special teams and such, are dependable (if not playmakers) on the rare occasions when their number is called, etc. I don't know why, but I love those stories. 

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I’m pretty sure he is Tommie’s cousin. 

Probably so. There not much to Maplesville. I think the town population is only around 800-900. They are a 1A high school equavelant to UAT. The entire community rallies around the football program. 

38 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Kenny Irons. 

This play forever has a special place in my heart, even though we lost that game.

13 minutes ago, AUDub said:

This play forever has a special place in my heart, even though we lost that game.

It's been a while since we've had a back that has that break away speed. I'm excited about Shivers' potential.

29 minutes ago, bigbird said:

It's been a while since we've had a back that has that break away speed. I'm excited about Shivers' potential.

I think Grant did,just couldn't utilize him to the fullest for whatever reason.I think the same is happening in the NFL to him also.

4 minutes ago, Southwest said:

I think Grant did,just couldn't utilize him to the fullest for whatever reason.I think the same is happening in the NFL to him also.

I agree he did, but like you said, he was never really given the opportunity

8 hours ago, Southwest said:

Loved me some James Bostic.   He was of the Dillard Pipeline we had to Auburn if I remember correctly.   I still to this day think Brent Fullwood is one of the best RBs to put an Auburn jersey on.  Had Bo not been at Auburn while Brent was there I think he might have been one of the best ever.  His yards per carry were crazy.

5 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

Loved me some James Bostic.   He was of the Dillard Pipeline we had to Auburn if I remember correctly.   I still to this day think Brent Fullwood is one of the best RBs to put an Auburn jersey on.  Had Bo not been at Auburn while Brent was there I think he might have been one of the best ever.  His yards per carry were crazy.

I agree.......James Brooks was also all purpose awesome........William Andrews and Joe Cribbs is where my AU obsession begins.

If not for typing from xbox 1 I would post the video of William Andrew's  hit on Ronnie Lott......was amazing.

1 hour ago, kevon67 said:

I agree.......James Brooks was also all purpose awesome........William Andrews and Joe Cribbs is where my AU obsession begins.

Joe is in my top 5 RB's at Auburn and was one hell of a running back in the NFL for the Bills. From the large metro of Sulligent, Al.

Another former RB that imo is a little underrated is Stephen Davis. Looking back he was a great all around back. He had a nice NFL career also. After Stephen Davis left Auburn there was a noticeable void at RB. It wasn't until 5 years later that Rudi Johnson filled that void.

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Joe is in my top 5 RB's at Auburn and was one hell of a running back in the NFL for the Bills. From the large metro of Sulligent, Al.

Came home for a couple of seasons with the Birmingham Stallions too. They was a pretty good team in their own right. That league had chance until that anti-trust suit decision killed them. 

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

Came home for a couple of seasons with the Birmingham Stallions too. They was a pretty good team in their own right. That league had chance until that anti-trust suit decision killed them. 

Yep got one dollar if I remember correctly

Archived