Harold Morrow

kevon67

16 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

Loved me some James Bostic.   He was of the Dillard Pipeline we had to Auburn if I remember correctly.   I still to this day think Brent Fullwood is one of the best RBs to put an Auburn jersey on.  Had Bo not been at Auburn while Brent was there I think he might have been one of the best ever.  His yards per carry were crazy.

Yep was part of the Dillard 5.

8 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Another former RB that imo is a little underrated is Stephen Davis. Looking back he was a great all around back. He had a nice NFL career also. After Stephen Davis left Auburn there was a noticeable void at RB. It wasn't until 5 years later that Rudi Johnson filled that void.

Was going to mention him but thought he was a little more talked about or well known then the others.

I remember being in the stands for AU vs USM.........If memory serves me correctly it was Stephen Davis' first carry for Auburn............crowd went nutz when he entered game........seems like he ran over a defender or 2 on 1st carry..........was fun to watch.

12 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Another former RB that imo is a little underrated is Stephen Davis. Looking back he was a great all around back. He had a nice NFL career also. After Stephen Davis left Auburn there was a noticeable void at RB. It wasn't until 5 years later that Rudi Johnson filled that void.

Pffft.

Davis ran like he was looking for a place to fall down..

I thought Harold was a very good RB for us. But yes, he did get lost with with other RB's that we had back then. Does anyone know why Horton hasn't opened up the Dillard Pipeline? We sure had a great run of RB's, WR's and other players who came to play for Auburn.

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 9:41 AM, SumterAubie said:

Pffft.

Davis ran like he was looking for a place to fall down..

Is that sarcasm..........hard to tell these days?...........Correct me if I am wrong..........Wasn't Davis injured and under utilized his final season at Auburn?.........again just going by memory.........lots of clutter up there ? 

13 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Is that sarcasm..........hard to tell these days?...........Correct me if I am wrong..........Wasn't Davis injured and under utilized his final season at Auburn?.........again just going by memory.........lots of clutter up there ? 

Not sure about injury, but when I watched him play for Auburn, I always thought he ran straight up and down and went down easy. Ditto for Brandon Jacobs, except for that one time he murdered some poor Vandy kid and almost decapitated another (same play) as a wedge buster on a kickoff.

Alas, some will still say that Harold Joiner is already our best running back strictly because he's got the length and girth to get deep penetration. 

18 hours ago, kevon67 said:

In my layman's opinion, he ran smaller than a 6 foot 220 pound tailback. 

Archived