Bruce Pearl having "ongoing" contract talks.

GwillMac6

Gotta keep Coach Pearl happy. I want him here for many years to come. He is now getting into a groove that I believe will bring Auburn many championships. One day...a final 4 and who knows!

1 hour ago, CullmanTiger said:

Will be very interesting to see how much Auburn values CBP.

Yes it will. And considering we’ve only had 3 regular season titles ever and he’s responsible for 1, it will be an indication of AU’s value of the b-ball program in general.

Without the Person fiasco Bruce would be in the drivers seat. It will be interesting to see if we still take care of Bruce in the way that his performance deserves. I am hoping we sign him to a long term contract that make Bruce happy and that still protects Auburn if something comes out of the investigation that implicates Pearl. I don't think Pearl did anything wrong but if we are able to make him happy on money and longevity of contract there should be no issue with a rider to protect Auburn if there was wrong doing.

The perseverance through the adversity and class he showed through it all ... including as Leath was publicly throwing shade at him ... I think endeared him to the fans even more strongly.

the championship was the cherry on top of a successful season.  

Just now, mustache eagle said:

The perseverance through the adversity and class he showed through it all ... including as Leath was publicly throwing shade at him ... I think endeared him to the fans even more strongly.

Heck... his personality alone makes the fans love him. My wife (a Nebraska girl) likes Auburn because I do, but she loves Bruce. She's been a fan since I took her to the Georgia game in 2015 and he was part of the halftime video.

On 4/25/2018 at 3:30 PM, AuburnNTexas said:

Without the Person fiasco Bruce would be in the drivers seat. It will be interesting to see if we still take care of Bruce in the way that his performance deserves. I am hoping we sign him to a long term contract that make Bruce happy and that still protects Auburn if something comes out of the investigation that implicates Pearl. I don't think Pearl did anything wrong but if we are able to make him happy on money and longevity of contract there should be no issue with a rider to protect Auburn if there was wrong doing.

I love this post!

Does anyone know when the NCAA will even start their investigation?  What's the time line for the Fed's to wrap up their stuff?  

I know the NCAA has a full plate and now they have to deal with the pressure coming from the Commission of College Basketball's stringent proposals. but I'm ready for them to get started on us and finish so that we know what the future holds.

Quick nugget about Bruce:

Buddy of mine owns a brewery in Guntersville. Bruce attended some function up there and my buddy comped them some beer. So Bruce calls my buddy and leaves him a voicemail to tell him how good the beer was and to say thanks and War Eagle.

1. My buddy is a bammer

2. He was impressed by the gesture

3. Bruce called the beer "brewhaha"

I love that guy.

18 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Quick nugget about Bruce:

Buddy of mine owns a brewery in Guntersville. Bruce attended some function up there and my buddy comped them some beer. So Bruce calls my buddy and leaves him a voicemail to tell him how good the beer was and to say thanks and War Eagle.

1. My buddy is a bammer

2. He was impressed by the gesture

3. Bruce called the beer "brewhaha"

I love that guy.

My favorite AU coach of all time!

He's a super likable guy that exudes enthusiasm & energy.  Just a guy you'd love to hang out at the lake & shoot the breeze with.

I hope like hell he's clean and AU can keep him till he hangs up the whistle,  HE is a good coach and he's building something to be proud of at AU.

People want to ream him for the Tennessee BBQ thing.

If you read up on that situation, it was NOT worth a show cause or him being fired. It was typical NCAA being the NCAA. After the revelation of events from last fall, plus the UNC situation, you can clearly see that the NCAA really ignored the bigger issues.

With that, I'm positive Bruce will be cleared.

16 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

If you read up on that situation, it was NOT worth a show cause or him being fired. It was typical NCAA being the NCAA. After the revelation of events from last fall, plus the UNC situation, you can clearly see that the NCAA really ignored the bigger issues.

The NCAA reamed him for the UT BBQ thing.  Bottom line, do not lie to the NCAA.  Piddly little misdemeanors (Backyard BBQ) turns into a felony (termination) with serious jail time (show cause.)  No doubt BP learned a lesson. 

At the end of the day, one (possibly up to 3) of his coaches broke the rules, two of his players accepted impermissible benefits and the NCAA still hasn't officially investigated the program.  

I'd like to know the timeline for the Feds completion of their investigation & when the NCAA plans to commence their's?

58 minutes ago, keesler said:

The NCAA reamed him for the UT BBQ thing.  Bottom line, do not lie to the NCAA.  Piddly little misdemeanors (Backyard BBQ) turns into a felony (termination) with serious jail time (show cause.)  No doubt BP learned a lesson. 

At the end of the day, one (possibly up to 3) of his coaches broke the rules, two of his players accepted impermissible benefits and the NCAA still hasn't officially investigated the program.  

I'd like to know the timeline for the Feds completion of their investigation & when the NCAA plans to commence their's?

Bureaucracy + Bureaucracy = infinity

it's not big ...

... it's not huge ...

... it's not tremendously large ...

... it's not extremely humongously enormous ...

... it's ...

Endless!

4 hours ago, AU64 said:
5 hours ago, keesler said:

Bureaucracy + Bureaucracy = infinity

it's not big ...

... it's not huge ...

... it's not tremendously large ...

... it's not extremely humongously enormous ...

... it's ...

Endless!

This... or to put it simply, don't hold your breath. After the investigation comes the trials, then the convictions, then the appeals. It'll be years before everything is fully sorted out, and you know the NCAA doesn't want to drop the hammer on some school just to later find out that their case was based on a judgement that was later overturned. Their reputation is already bad enough.

Bruce is fine and nothing will come out of anything that has not already been examined. We would not be in any contract workings with Bruce if there was something he did wrong. I think we can put away any NCAA investigations and move on to better things to come with Bruce. Bruce will be with us for the long haul and a successfully long haul indeed.

On 5/2/2018 at 4:43 PM, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

There was a video posted here where Bruce talked about what’s happened. He said there were over 100 people there who were allowed to be there and 4 who weren’t. But yes, the punishment was for lying about those 4 people to the NCAA.

1 hour ago, jared52 said:

There was a video posted here where Bruce talked about what’s happened. He said there were over 100 people there who were allowed to be there and 4 who weren’t. But yes, the punishment was for lying about those 4 people to the NCAA.

Set up a fake class system and with fake GPA boosting grades and no worries. But tell a lie to the NCAA and the damn world ends. Dez Bryant and Bruce Pearl both got shafted so hard for this.

But, if that didn't happen he likely wouldn't be at AU right now. Soooo....

Either pay the man or drop the basketball program.  For the first time in years we are relevant in basketball.  We are no longer a joke.

On 5/4/2018 at 4:52 PM, saminbama said:

Either pay the man or drop the basketball program.  For the first time in years we are relevant in basketball.  We are no longer a joke.

This will be our new Athletic Directors first big deal! Other than the swimming hire I suppose.

Archived