2020 4* WR Kobe Hudson COMMITS TO AU (4/27/18)

The Plainsman

4 hours ago, Beaker said:

Not having multipass options are keeping Gus awake at night, Kristi said.   She said that was a marquee play he had at Shiloh Springs, which helped them win state.

This kid is filling that "need".

yes this was a joke....

• 2 weeks later...
By Randy Kennedy | AL.com

Troup County (Ga.)’s Kobe Hudson has been a star athlete for so long that he committed to an All-America game that technically no longer exists.

As a freshman, Hudson was invited to San Antonio for the Army All-American game festivities. Playing against the best players in the country in his age group, Hudson had a touchdown reception and an interception return for a touchdown. He walked away as the first player with an invitation to play in the 2020 game, which is now known as the All-American Bowl.

“It’s not surprising to see what he’s been able to do during his career,” Troup coach Tanner Glissonn said of his star quarterback. “He can do anything he wants. He’s got such great core strength and he can power clean 330 pounds. He’s as talented as any player you’ll see.”

Hudson is committed to play wide receiver for Auburn. He and close friend Tank Bigsby, of nearby Callaway (Ga.), headline the Tigers’ 2020 recruiting class. But first they will square off against each other tonight in LaGrange, Georgia.

“I coached both of those guys in the Elite Classic after their sophomore seasons and it was already obvious how good both of them were,” Glisson said. “We all live in the same community and all the players know each other. So, it’s always a big game.”

Hudson has starred in the rivalry as a defensive back, receiver and now quarterback. Before his junior year, the Tigers needed a quarterback after their starter graduated. Hudson stepped in to deliver 3,386 passing yards and an additional 1,410 rushing yards while accounting for 50 touchdowns on his way to being named the AAAA Player of the Year in Georgia.

Through three games this season he has been even better. He has completed 34-of-49 passes for 640 yards and nine touchdowns with two interceptions. He has also rushed for 411 yards and four touchdowns on 32 carries.

That’s an average of 350 total yards per game in leading the Tigers to a 3-0 record and a scoring average of 53.3 points per game.

In the Southern 120: AL.com’s ranking of the top prospects in the Class of 2020 from the SEC footprint, Hudson is ranked No. 42 overall and eighth in the state of Georgia. Bigsby is No. 28 overall and third in Georgia.

Along with Houston County linebacker Wesley Steiner, that gives Auburn three of the top eight prospects in Georgia.

“I think he’s way undervalued,” said Josh Bean, managing producer for AL.com, when talking about seeing Hudson play on the summer camp circuit. “He’s very quick and has great hands, especially for a guy who plays quarterback in high school. At Auburn, he can immediately help at slot receiver.”

The SEC is filled with star high school quarterbacks excelling at other positions. Auburn’s starting running back, Boobie Whitlow, was a quarterback at LaFayette. Florida’s most dynamic playmaker is former Blount quarterback Kadarius Toney. Even Alabama speed burner Henry Ruggs III played some quarterback at Montgomery’s Robert E. Lee High School.

Hudson, who is now 6-foot-2 and 208 pounds, appears to be the next in line.

“I think he could play quarterback in the SEC, but he’s got his heart set on being a wide receiver,” Glisson. “I have no doubt he will be an outstanding receiver for Auburn.”

Edited by Auburn Kev

Every time I see something like this on him, I break out in a big smile I think we have a player who everybody says is great but is still underrated. He will make an impact in year 1 which I don't normally say about Auburn receivers. He is 6' 2"well over 200 pounds and people are bragging about his quickness. For me quickness in and out of cuts is more important for a receiver then straight ahead speed.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, Auburn Kev said:

He has been committed  almost 2 years right? He is THE model recruit when you get a guy committed. Never wavered. Was a leader and recruited HARD for us. WAR EAGLE KOBE HUDSON!!!! 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

• Like 2

This guy has replaced the Head Coach at Jackson-Olin (what happened fam?!?! WE HAD A GOOD THIN GOING!!!! bahaha) as my new favorite High School coach!!!! lol. If I did not know any better I would think he seems like a big AU fan!!! haha. WOOOO!!! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

This guy has replaced the Head Coach at Jackson-Olin (what happened fam?!?! WE HAD A GOOD THIN GOING!!!! bahaha) as my new favorite High School coach!!!! lol. If I did not know any better I would think he seems like a big AU fan!!! haha. WOOOO!!! 

Who has replaced Vikakes at JO?

Just now, ellitor said:

Who has replaced Vikakes at JO?

I am just saying the Troup county coach has replaced the Jackson-Olin coach as my new favorite high school coach!!! Wooooo!!!! Let's goooo!!!!

• Thanks 1

Kobe Hudson officially becomes an Auburn Tiger Wednesday

Today 8:26 AM

After a year and eight months of commitment, Kobe Hudson will finally become an Auburn Tiger on Wednesday.

Hudson, a four-star receiver from Troup County High School in Georgia, committed to Auburn in April 2018. Even after he made his decision, Auburn continued its recruiting efforts with him, which allowed him to develop a relationship with head coach Gus Malzahn. The relationship was very important to Hudson, and it helped solidify his commitment to Auburn.

“It’s been a long process, just staying together as a family since my ninth grade year, my tenth grade year to when they be recruiting me in these final years,” Hudson said. “So I’m just happy it’s here.”

Hudson is the No. 10 recruit out of Georgia and the No. 18 wide receiver in the country. He received offers from 21 other schools, but stayed committed to Auburn.

Immediately after Hudson signs Wednesday morning on Signing Day, he will move to Auburn to start participating in bowl practices. He will be able to participate in three bowl practices, and then he will head to the All-American game. He will return to Auburn January 5. Hudson doesn’t know who his roommate will be yet, although he’s heard it might be five-star running back Tank Bigsby.

Southern 120

By getting involved early, Hudson hopes to develop more of those relationships that he talked about with both the coaches and players. He was told Auburn wants to get the ball in his hands a lot, and he’s preparing to be able to make an impact on the team quickly.

Hudson had to wait until after the season to really focus in on his receiver work. He spent the season at quarterback for Troup County. Although it didn’t give him much practice with route running and ball skills, his time in the pocket gave him another perspective of the game that will be helpful to him as a college receiver.

“It helps me a lot to know what coverage the defense is in, like, seeing those zones,” Hudson said.

Hudson finished his high school career with 1,424 receiving yards and 5,030 passing yards. He also had 2,401 rushing yards.

Daniel Foster-Allen

This past year, while Hudson played quarterback for his high school, he also watched as Auburn’s quarterback developed. Bo Nix’s improvement is an exciting prospect for him.

“I'm really looking forward to next year because at the end of the season, Bo started to build the thing,” Hudson said. “He just started getting comfortable, so I know next year when he come in, he'll be able to go.”

Hudson took his official visit to Auburn on December 14 and chatted with Nix as he prepared to leave. Hudson was told during the visit that the coaches will try to have Nix throwing to him often. He’s preparing to play every receiver position.

“They say they’re just going to try to get the ball in my hands as much as they can,” Hudson said.

Gus Malzahn and Chad Morris

• Like 1

On 12/10/2019 at 8:45 PM, GwillMac6 said:

I am just saying the Troup county coach has replaced the Jackson-Olin coach as my new favorite high school coach!!! Wooooo!!!! Let's goooo!!!!

I'm telling you bro, the coaching talent in the Troup/Heard county area has improved tremendously. The area has always had a buttload of talent, but now they're finally getting coached up in HS.

• Love 1