2020 4* WR Kobe Hudson COMMITS TO AU (4/27/18)

The Plainsman

5 hours ago, cole256 said:

So never....ok got it

Haha, what he means is the Wildcat isn't going away. Weeeee

Edited by ValleyTiger
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Face off is one of my favorite movies. Anyone who likes Action plus Suspence movies should check it out.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2019 at 7:35 PM, ValleyTiger said:

Haha, what he means is the Wildcat isn't going away. Weeeee

We've picked up a lot of tough yards, 1st downs and TD's from the wildcat over the years. I'm hoping it stays in the playbook.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

We've picked up a lot of tough yards, 1st downs and TD's from the wildcat over the years. I'm hoping it stays in the playbook.

We've also had a lot of drives end and kicked FGs because of it too.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Maybe we can hope to run left this year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

That also happens with incomplete passes and non-wildcat plays that are stopped. I think the % of successful plays from the wildcat is equal to or better than the others. Maybe one day someone that's bored can do a seven-year count and post the results.

I'm with Mikey here. I feel like the wildcat has been a mostly successful short-yardage and red zone play for us. It's possible that Gus has called it at the wrong time at times, though. I don't remember much of that but a lot of you folks would remember better than me.

41 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I'm with Mikey here. I feel like the wildcat has been a mostly successful short-yardage and red zone play for us. It's possible that Gus has called it at the wrong time at times, though. I don't remember much of that but a lot of you folks would remember better than me.

It seems like it’s worked more times than it hasn’t. We should definitely still use it. Hell even Bama used it this year

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

It was more the blocking we have so much depth of on the OL than the Wildcat drives ended in field goals. Well that & Gus being too damn predictable sometimes.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Maybe we can hope to run left this year.

Gus just doesn’t like to run to the left for some reason even if that’s where his better blockers are. For example, in the natty vs FSU of all those run plays we had only 8 were behind Greg Robinson.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

Sure have. Kentucky went full wildcat with Bowden. It's demoralizing when you have a road grading OL.

But when you substitute personnel to get into wildcat and handicap your wildcat QB with a predetermined read it drastically loses it's effectiveness against good run fitting defenses.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Gus just doesn’t like to run to the left for some reason even if that’s where his better blockers are. For example, in the natty vs FSU of all those run plays we had only 8 were behind Greg Robinson.

Crazy how a creature of habit Gus is. Even running up the middle is to the right of center.  It's like Gus has forgotten about the R2 button. 

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Like 1

I screamed KOOOOOOOOOOOOOBE as I shot a wadded up piece of paper in to the trash can when I saw this! lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1