2018 NFL Draft

WFE12

I have no ill will toward Evans, I just wish he didn’t make Auburn look stupid like he did.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So my Panthers are on the clock... and plenty of WRs are available as not one has been drafted yet. 

3 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I know that I focus on Auburn football, but I haven't ever heard of 75% of these guys.  :dunno: Weirdest draft ever.  

Agreed. The draft picks are pretty spread out across the country.  It’s really insane to say that athletes have to go to places like Bama to get NFL exposure when TV exposure is everywhere.

Absolute steal to get the first WR taken at pick 24 with those 2 studs available.  Perfect scenario for Carolina. Got Cam some speed and a true #1 wideout. And they didn't pick the Bammer.  Stoked. :hellyeah:

Ps I would have been excited to get Ridley as well.  Kid is good. 

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Perfect scenario for Carolina.

Totally agree. Pretty crazy as I didn’t expect either WR to still be available but I preferred Moore. Moore has the total package- speed, vertical,  hands, etc but he’s still needing to work on fundamentals. His size is a little inadequate as I thought he was 6’2 originally but we will see. Great film.

With the 26th pick, the Falcons select Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama. The Falcons got a heckuva WR group too. 

Ridley couldn’t ask for a better place to play than in the Atlanta Dome.

With the 27th pick, the Seattle Seahawks select Rashaad Penny, RB, San Diego State

Wow- I’ve heard for months how he was crazy good but this is totally unexpected. 

Guice, Sonny Michel, and Chubb, are all like huh!

The Steelers are on the clock. ICYMI, the Steelers traded Martavis Bryant to the Raiders earlier tonight.

5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

The Steelers are on the clock. ICYMI, the Steelers traded Martavis Bryant earlier tonight.

With the 28th pick, the Steelers select Terrell Edmunds, S, Virginia Tech

Terrell’s brother, also played at Virginia Tech, was drafted by the Bills with the 16th pick earlier tonight. Talking about the DNA lottery.

Ryan Shazier gave tbe announcement.

With the 30th pick, the Minnesota Vikings select Mike Hughes, CB, UCF

Jacksonville and Minnesota are two defensive teams that still choose to stockpile defensively.

With the 31st pick, the New England Patriots select Sony Michel, RB, UGA

Watch out!

Second pick of the day for the Pats as the organization picked another UGA player when they drafted Isiah Wynn, an OG, with the 23rd pick. 

The Philadelphia Eagles trades the number 32 pick to the Baltimore Ravens and the Ravens are on the clock..

With the 32nd pick, the Ravens select Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville!!

***The Ravens will be sending No. 52 (second round), No. 125 (fourth round), and a 2019 second-rounder to the Eagles.

Did the panthers really draft another undersized WR?

Edit: before anyone Quote me I am being sarcastic. I think Moore can be our Steve smith.

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Did the panthers really draft another undersized WR?

Edit: before anyone Quote me I am being sarcastic. I think Moore can be our Steve smith.

The speed is there. He is little better than Christian Kirk. Steve Smith likes it too. He said the “Panthers haven’t been able to replace me until now.”

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

The speed is there. He is little better than Christian Kirk. Steve Smith likes it too. He said the “Panthers haven’t been able to replace me until now.”

Yep I figured. He is physical and not soft like some of our other speed guys. Great route runner as well

Derwin James to the Chargers at 17 and DJ Moore to the Panthers feel like draft steals at the moment. Several teams like the Patriots had great drafts. The Cowboys and the Saints were kinda meh. 

Carlton Davis had moderate combine numbers..hopefully he gets picked up in the 2nd round though . I feel like Braden will get taken first though 

4 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

With the eighth pick, the Bears select Roquan Smith, LB, from Georgia. I’m so glad he is gone. I’m surprised he is only 6’0 and three quarters in height. 

Dude that highlight they showed of him sticking with Hastings on a route... Insane. That dude is athletic!

Archived